Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An answer from the developers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
An answer from the developers.

znihilist
02.05.2013 , 08:02 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Slash 15% crit bonus which hits for 2.5-2.8, dispatch crit hit 4-5k 15% crit bonus, force scream 4-5k crit, smash auto crit aoe 6-7k 3-4k on other maras. And anni is still very much perfectly viable, only self-healing has be nerfed by 0.5% if I recall well? And let's face it sents/maras it's not they don't have any def abilities, they just made the immortal 1v1 class a bit more down to earth. Carnage might be preferred for speed/tran bonuses which help if you are a responder or in hutball, but certainly watch/anni damage is really good and applicable to all classes.
Self Healing was cut by half, by 1%. Annihilation is not a viable tree for pvp because cleansing kills the dps. Killing smash will effectively make the Carnage tree the only tree that can be played on Marauders (in PvP). No one is going to pick Annihilation where all your internal damage is gone. And don't get me wrong, I don't play the rage tree on my Marauder, I still play the carnage tree. But I would hate to see everyone using only 1 tree.

ps, what I meant by they are not good in 1v1 was a reference to the rage tree, not in general. The rage tree (in my opinion) is an aoe tree. But yes we do have good defense CD, that's what doesn't make us squishy, when you feel it is getting hot, you can just get the hell out.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

tekhiun
02.05.2013 , 10:31 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
You can choose any of the following responses for your questions OP:

- We're looking into it, but currently do not have an ETA. Thank you for your patience. (the ultimate answer for everything)
- We will fix these within 2 weeks (said no one ever from BW)
- No dev feedback (most likely scenario)... seriously, what was the last time you got an actual worthwhile feedback on pvp and class balance? There had been hundreds of posts whining on bubblepop and smash, not a single dev feedback (maybe there was one on the bubble thing but nothing happened there either).

It's not like I don't agree with your query, but it's unrealistic it will be answered by any dev. Recently they either don't patch servers, or just do cartel market updates.
Well they did say they wanted to improve the interaction with us, so here is their chance ,a post quoting a dev on the issue , and questions directed to the dev team. IF they really want to improve feedback here is their chance.

Also with some stuff from 1.7 datamined I would hope they would manifest and say something about it....
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

MusicRider
02.05.2013 , 10:49 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Self Healing was cut by half, by 1%. Annihilation is not a viable tree for pvp because cleansing kills the dps. Killing smash will effectively make the Carnage tree the only tree that can be played on Marauders (in PvP). No one is going to pick Annihilation where all your internal damage is gone. And don't get me wrong, I don't play the rage tree on my Marauder, I still play the carnage tree. But I would hate to see everyone using only 1 tree.
Yes I know what you mean with cleansing, but it's very rare. It is only one class that can cleanse the anni attacks (sages) and it is not as easy to spot who needs cleansing if there is a big crowd. As a healer sage I might throw it as part of my rotation if there are force dots, but when I play as a dps sage it has to be called as it is fairly difficult to spot it in the millions of debuffs.

Quote:
ps, what I meant by they are not good in 1v1 was a reference to the rage tree, not in general. The rage tree (in my opinion) is an aoe tree. But yes we do have good defense CD, that's what doesn't make us squishy, when you feel it is getting hot, you can just get the hell out.
Yes I agree, rage is not the best tree of maras for 1v1 and it's more for aoe, but overall it is still very good in comparison to all dps specs of all classes. Zen fills up your focus bar which allows to use hard hitting abilities, in other words rage has the easiest focus management and I very very rarely use my basic attack when playing this spec. Can't say the same for watch/anni, especially if you dont take the 0m leap and you go for force cammo as many builds have suggested.

tekhiun
02.05.2013 , 10:51 AM | #34
Yes I know what you mean with cleansing, but it's very rare. It is only one class that can cleanse the anni attacks (sages) and it is not as easy to spot who needs cleansing if there is a big crowd. As a healer sage I might throw it as part of my rotation if there are force dots, but when I play as a dps sage it has to be called as it is fairly difficult to spot it in the millions of debuffs.

Yes I agree, rage is not the best tree of maras for 1v1 and it's more for aoe, but overall it is still very good in comparison to all dps specs of all classes. Zen fills up your focus bar which allows to use hard hitting abilities, in other words rage has the easiest focus management and I very very rarely use my basic attack when playing this spec. Can't say the same for watch/anni, especially if you dont take the 0m leap and you go for force cammo as many builds have suggested.
Wrong about the dots. The watchman/ anni dots can be cleanse by operatives and mercs, sorcs can only cleanse those if they are specced as heals.

TUXs
02.05.2013 , 10:59 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Well they did say they wanted to improve the interaction with us, so here is their chance ,a post quoting a dev on the issue , and questions directed to the dev team. IF they really want to improve feedback here is their chance.

Also with some stuff from 1.7 datamined I would hope they would manifest and say something about it....
They've made that same claim before...many times lol, seems like the default first answer to every "Meet Dev XXX" is "We know we need to communicate better with you...". We were even asked to forgive them in the past, and not judge them by their past, but by what they did going forward...and it never has improved, only ever gotten worse.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MusicRider
02.05.2013 , 11:06 AM | #36
Wrong about the dots. The watchman/ anni dots can be cleanse by operatives and mercs, sorcs can only cleanse those if they are specced as heals.
Are you sure about this? Based on this, I would say that bleed are force attack types (I would be surprised if a sentinel had tech attack type) doing elemental damage. Purge by default cleanses force effects, contrary to ops and mercs. In other words, sages can cleanse sentinels' dots but not vanguards' (unless they spec to in the healing tree).

tekhiun
02.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #37
Are you sure about this? Based on this, I would say that bleed are force attack types (I would be surprised if a sentinel had tech attack type) doing elemental damage. Purge by default cleanses force effects, contrary to ops and mercs. In other words, sages can cleanse sentinels' dots but not vanguards' (unless they spec to in the healing tree).
I am pretty sure about that , as a sage/sorc you can cleanse the dot from the rage/focus tree but not from watchman/anni , i know this from playing my dps sorc and sentinel . I don't know if it is a bug or just bad design but its how it works atm. Unless they change this quite recently as i havent seen a mara or sent that doesn't play smash for ages now.

MusicRider
02.05.2013 , 11:28 AM | #38
I am pretty sure about that , as a sage/sorc you can cleanse the dot from the rage/focus tree but not from watchman/anni , i know this from playing my dps sorc and sentinel . I don't know if it is a bug or just bad design but its how it works atm. Unless they change this quite recently as i havent seen a mara or sent that doesn't play smash for ages now.
That would be surprising. I even take back what I said about even specced sages cleansing vans dots, the spec is to remove physical effects not tech ones. Back on the topic, there is white damage which is normal and yellow which is either force or tech. Sages can cleanse force effects and ops/mercs tech effects (see also this thread post number 3). I would be damned if an op/merc can cleanse sentinels force attacks as they are not supposed to do so and a sage cannot who is meant to be. Maybe there were more than 2 mental/force effects on you when you cleansed them? I dont't know how they are selected so maybe that's why.

EDIT: yes you can certainly cleanse force exhaustion/crush for the same reasons you can cleanse sent/mara burn/bleed effect.
EDIT: For the same reason you can cleanse weaken mind/affliction or mind crush/crusing darkness on you cast from another sage/sorc. An ope/merc cannot cleanse themselves.

znihilist
02.05.2013 , 11:39 AM | #39
That would be surprising. I even take back what I said about even specced sages cleansing vans dots, the spec is to remove physical effects not tech ones. Back on the topic, there is white damage which is normal and yellow which is either force or tech. Sages can cleanse force effects and ops/mercs tech effects (see also this thread post number 3). I would be damned if an op/merc can cleanse sentinels force attacks as they are not supposed to do so and a sage cannot who is meant to be. Maybe there were more than 2 mental/force effects on you when you cleansed them? I dont't know how they are selected so maybe that's why.

EDIT: yes you can certainly cleanse force exhaustion/crush for the same reasons you can cleanse sent/mara burn/bleed effect.
EDIT: For the same reason you can cleanse weaken mind/affliction or mind crush/crusing darkness on you cast from another sage/sorc. An ope/merc cannot cleanse themselves.
There is an ability in the sorc healer tree called : Sith purity . Consequences of this ability is that now purge removes physical effects as well, bleeding is a physical effect is not ? It is not normal for the marauder to have a tech effect. It can either be a physical or force effect.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

GhostSafari
02.05.2013 , 11:49 AM | #40
Hey Dev Team! I came back to SWTOR just like you wanted!

And so did a lot of other people! So this is the time you get your pvp team in GEAR, and start weeding out the unbalances, as im rolling a merc this time around, knowing they are the trashiest pvp class for heals AND dps..

I hope to be fixed NO LATER than the new expansion!

IMO, Mercs need an ability that gives freedom of movement for a duration on time, and healing mercs need this to be longer or usable twice in a row on us and a friendly target!
Your life now is the result of every choice made from the hand you were dealt.