Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

Torvai
09.01.2015 , 12:00 AM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
Core phase was only 350k, but we had 2 vanguards AND an IO merc and literally the core got incinerated, we didnt see too many aberrations cycles, I think the fight ended at about 67 stacks? We had all 4 dps up until like the final moment where after core died I ****ed up an aberration and flew off an edge :P

I'm pretty sure I could squeeze out another 50k just from not being as cautious during mechanics, and speccing into the right utilities, and actually using reflect on the heave during the core burn.
You probably know already, but whatever: While looking at the abberations, you can savely use Smash and Cyclone to dish out at least a bit of dps during it. But 67 stacks is quite good afaik(we normally end at ~75-80).
I'd suggest taking trailblazer and narrowed focus.
If you have 2 vang, so a rebounder for every heave, spec into daunting presence and reflect overcharge saber on the first 2 floors.

Oh and reflecting heave doesn't do anything for your core damage, because it's reflected back to Revan and he's immune to damage during that phase

GrandLordMenace
09.01.2015 , 12:12 AM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
You probably know already, but whatever: While looking at the abberations, you can savely use Smash and Cyclone to dish out at least a bit of dps during it. But 67 stacks is quite good afaik(we normally end at ~75-80).
I'd suggest taking trailblazer and narrowed focus.
If you have 2 vang, so a rebounder for every heave, spec into daunting presence and reflect overcharge saber on the first 2 floors.

Oh and reflecting heave doesn't do anything for your core damage, because it's reflected back to Revan and he's immune to damage during that phase
yeah our group dps as a whole was just really quick cause we had two vanguards. Our IO merc only needed to do like 450k
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

Bradypan
09.01.2015 , 09:04 PM | #623
Congrats on Revanchist guys As for DPS on the core phase, always better to be safe than sorry. Don't want to wipe your group because you wanted to squeeze in one more GCD while an aberration was exploding. Probably the best way to maximize DPS is to position yourself so that the core is directly between you and the next aberration exploding.
Dread Master Gate Crasher Dragonslayer Mlk Stillunviable from Beyond the Revanchist, Vengeance Jugg
Mand'alr the post-buff pre-nerf Revanchist, AP PT
4/4 NiM, 12/12 NiM, 10/10 NiM, 10/10 HM
<Nightmare Power> <Torva Nex> Jedi Covenant

GrandLordMenace
09.01.2015 , 09:14 PM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradypan View Post
Congrats on Revanchist guys As for DPS on the core phase, always better to be safe than sorry. Don't want to wipe your group because you wanted to squeeze in one more GCD while an aberration was exploding. Probably the best way to maximize DPS is to position yourself so that the core is directly between you and the next aberration exploding.
Oh I agree, I even wanted to try out the aberration thing but didn't want to stress healers by stepping outside of thingies.

jnordlund
09.04.2015 , 04:17 PM | #625
I'm a Guardian Vig that's DPSing 4K on the dummies and I'm stuck. I can't seem to get higher than that and I have a 192 6-piece (Head is 198 set bonus) with 198 in every other slot.

Here's my latest Parsley log: http://parsely.io/parser/view/62096

I'm running an Alacrity spec to help with my APM. I know my APM is low and I can't figure out how to get it higher. I'm not sure if it's a rotation problem or what.

Surge: 360
Crit: 350
Alacrity: 796
Accurary: 100.05%

Any

GrandLordMenace
09.05.2015 , 02:19 PM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by jnordlund View Post
I'm a Guardian Vig that's DPSing 4K on the dummies and I'm stuck. I can't seem to get higher than that and I have a 192 6-piece (Head is 198 set bonus) with 198 in every other slot.

Here's my latest Parsley log: http://parsely.io/parser/view/62096

I'm running an Alacrity spec to help with my APM. I know my APM is low and I can't figure out how to get it higher. I'm not sure if it's a rotation problem or what.

Surge: 360
Crit: 350
Alacrity: 796
Accurary: 100.05%

Any
FIRST OF ALL:

Dump all of that alacrity. All of it. It's useless if your apm isn't up to snuff. Your APM for that parse is too low even with 0 alacrity. It's horrible, dump it all.

You delayed your overhead slash by FIFTEEN SECONDS one time,

Your average time for overhead slash was 11 seconds, with 796 alacrity your cooldown on it is 8.4 seconds. your average time on blade storm is 10 seconds+, still a full 1.5 seconds delayed on AVERAGE.

TLR you need to be faster, a ton faster.

Copy this. http://www.twitch.tv/rydarus/v/12856552

jnordlund
09.05.2015 , 06:59 PM | #627
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
FIRST OF ALL:

Dump all of that alacrity. All of it. It's useless if your apm isn't up to snuff. Your APM for that parse is too low even with 0 alacrity. It's horrible, dump it all.

You delayed your overhead slash by FIFTEEN SECONDS one time,

Your average time for overhead slash was 11 seconds, with 796 alacrity your cooldown on it is 8.4 seconds. your average time on blade storm is 10 seconds+, still a full 1.5 seconds delayed on AVERAGE.

TLR you need to be faster, a ton faster.

Copy this. http://www.twitch.tv/rydarus/v/12856552
The Twitch is helpful.

The APM was at 36, which is still low, and I'm trying to figure out if it's my rotation is wrong or my clicking or lag (i average 80 ms). I'm using a wired 12-button Naga and spamming like crazy during the GCD.

I actually parse higher with alacrity than power augments. I get about 200 dps higher.

Can you put your parse in Parsley and link it to this post? I want to compare the logs to find the errors on my end.

GrandLordMenace
09.06.2015 , 12:11 PM | #628
Quote: Originally Posted by jnordlund View Post
The Twitch is helpful.

The APM was at 36, which is still low, and I'm trying to figure out if it's my rotation is wrong or my clicking or lag (i average 80 ms). I'm using a wired 12-button Naga and spamming like crazy during the GCD.

I actually parse higher with alacrity than power augments. I get about 200 dps higher.

Can you put your parse in Parsley and link it to this post? I want to compare the logs to find the errors on my end.
I average 80-120.

I'll see if I can find that parse.

GrandLordMenace
09.06.2015 , 12:19 PM | #629
Can't find it but here is a similar parse: http://parsely.io/parser/view/59128/3

Torvai
09.07.2015 , 10:09 PM | #630
Killed Cora 16m last night. Content clear, guys