Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev
01.11.2015 , 04:05 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Torque is a hilarious fight on HM if you're the only Jugg/Guardian in the group. Same group comp as I listed earlier (PT tank/Sin tank if I forgot to mention that), here's my log from our kill.

http://torparse.com/view.php?tid=538...ed002590d9d1b8

Highest % of damage: Saber Reflect

Also I can 100% confirm it does reflect the damage from the floor vents (it shows up in the logs as being reflected back towards Torque). I think if you are the only Jugg/Guardian in this fight, its a really nice fight for us, as Saber Reflect has about the same cooldown as the tamper deterrent devices, and a shoots lasers (along with floor vents) also spawns at that time, with proper positioning you can be reflecting all the tamper devices, shoots lasers, and floor vents for 5 seconds. With added melee though, and others that can Saber Reflect, our usefulness on that fight diminishes.

Oh I do want to add, another thought, if you have a tank Jugg that is holding reflect for the tamper devices, you can instead hold yours for floor vents when you get trapped and want to move somewhere (take no damage), or for picking up shoots lasers in between tamper devices and reflecting their damage. So yeah, it would still be a great ability with a Jugg tank in your group, you just wouldn't get to pad your numbers as much.
Yeah, the floor vents seemed to be a bigger issue for the tanks than myself. I only died to it the first pull, but after seeing it double spawn I was fine. So for them to be able to Reflect will make the fight far easier because that is what seemed to be killing us. However, five pulls isnt enough to really say one way or another. I'll be curious to see what the DPS looks like once we kill it. I would imagine 4.5k can be rather consistent if the tanks are positioning the boss well. If not, 4k would still be likely if you retain decent up time on Torque. Either way, nicely done and grats on the kill.

@darth_psychose nice parse man. I think Alacrity, combined with a solid crit rate, could possibly net some of the best parses. However, I dont think Alacrity, from a sustained perspective, can be used to replace main stat or power (which augs you are using). Replacing Surge for Alacrity is still a possibility, but we wont know til we have more free slots for Surge/Alacrity available. I would think that overall you'll see a lower average using Alacrity, but a higher top end. I think I tried alacrity upto the 200-400 range while testing, but found little to no consistency in my numbers which is what I am shooting for in my gear.

@Kal ERP Session? When am I not game lol. But yeah, I am game anytime. I am raiding tonight with my Imp group, so I wont be available til around 8:30 tonight. But whenever your free hit me up and I will make it work.

darth_psychose
01.11.2015 , 04:35 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
And learn to dance. I had an epic music track running in the background, coz hell, I danced like Fred Astaire in the gosh darn kill run.
ok patrick swayze
Kala - <Rash> - Discord : Kala#9344

Joran-Koon
01.11.2015 , 07:09 PM | #133
Why unnecessary? I gotta say, with all the AOEs, some tries he was pulling 5k numbers, he didn't get it on kill, but a TK sage is a fearsome weapon in that fight.
Lol. Either you're oblivious or deflecting, either way i enjoy you, make me laugh.

@Ves might have to raid twice tonight so may not get to it but i'll try.
Kalizo
Failure
Twitch

holmeskywalkr
01.12.2015 , 08:50 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post

Also I can 100% confirm it does reflect the damage from the floor vents (it shows up in the logs as being reflected back towards Torque).
Didnt know it, i used to keep my saber reflet for the shoots lasers actually thx for the tip.

Torvai
01.12.2015 , 09:00 AM | #135
Since you people are discussing Torque here atm, for the guardian tanks here: you can also reflect "sick of you", für ~16k damage on a jugg(only 5,5k on guardian sadly)

Manweth
01.12.2015 , 05:05 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Joran-Koon View Post
Lol. Either you're oblivious or deflecting, either way i enjoy you, make me laugh.

@Ves might have to raid twice tonight so may not get to it but i'll try.
I honestly don't know what you are referring to. Elaborate so we might have an intelligent discussion.

--> I did not expressly know that Reflect worked on vent fire on Torque. I suspected a bit, because a few times it coincided with my reflect usage, I have seen a lot more reflects than there should be. Nice to have a confirmation on the issue.

Now I'M thinking of speccing into longer saber reflect and just stand in fire for 5 seconds each minute.
Manwè, Former Vigilance Player and Guardian Advocate.
Former Raider. Eternal Revan Fanboy.
Nothing else matters at this point.

Torvai
01.13.2015 , 01:12 AM | #137
Now I'M thinking of speccing into longer saber reflect and just stand in fire for 5 seconds each minute.
As a tank I do this all the time. You see your dps go through the roof this way(1,3k dps before fire, ~3,5k after )

Although I'm thinking of using reflect and masstaunt on the turrets in HM?

darth_psychose
01.13.2015 , 04:15 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Although I'm thinking of using reflect and masstaunt on the turrets in HM?
you just have to be the nearest one (~alone) to have the aggro without taunt. But if there is some dps with you have to taunt.
Kala - <Rash> - Discord : Kala#9344

Torvai
01.13.2015 , 08:24 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_psychose View Post
you just have to be the nearest one (~alone) to have the aggro without taunt. But if there is some dps with you have to taunt.
Thanks for the info. BW really hates us melees, don't they?

MBloomberg
01.13.2015 , 05:23 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Thanks for the info. BW really hates us melees, don't they?
While i agree most of the new content is not melee friendly, since i started hm progression for this tier on my jugg i am highest parse 95% of the time. Though i have not seen anything past torque (3.8-4.2) or walkers (~3.8). Even Bulo is a hard fight to keep your numbers up, but the rdps i have in my main group struggle to sustain 3.2 or higher, while i am usually 3.8+. when dummy parsing i am unhappy with my numbers in my current gear, though i know that in a raid situation i will be the highest sustained. my group killed bulo the other night with 3 jugg dps plus 2 jugg tanks with ease, did a few troll pulls on torque with the same group and actually had decent success (65% if you call that decent . it comes down to a comfort factor, id still prefer me behind the wheel of a juggernaut than any other class

EDIT: While alot of the mechanics in these new raids are not melee friendly, with the amazing defensive cd's us juggs have, and the many different utilities we have to our advantage ( endure pain movemenet speed increase, 2 sec longer saber reflect, etc..) i find our surviveability much better compared to pre 3.0
Maalacharizard The Guardian/Juggernaut Revanchist
10/10 HM Tos/Rav
<The Last Dark Reapers>