''Lol Pandas''...(and the hubris of the commnitty)

Angedechu

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blizzard listen to their fan base, EA/Bioware do not.

This is evident by the Starfighter addition. It's going to be a simple arcade shooter thingy with no depth whatsoever that no one will touch after the first month. They could have made something like JTL but nooooo, let's make it a restrictive pvp mini-game! Yeah, cause PvP is so widely popular in this game, right? No.

Most people play this game for a star wars STORY experience. Not for a damn e-sport with a star wars skin. Too bad these morons at EA don't realize that e-sports only works if you build the game FROM THE GROUND UP for it and TOR will never, ever, in a million years become viable.

Edited by Jandi

This is evident by the Starfighter addition. It's going to be a simple arcade shooter thingy with no depth whatsoever that no one will touch after the first month. They could have made something like JTL but nooooo, let's make it a restrictive pvp mini-game! Yeah, cause PvP is so widely popular in this game, right? No.

Yes, please Bioware devote more resources to a space sim in an RPG game.

Don't even test the waters by releasing it first as a PVP mini-game, because we really needed one more half-decent space sim when there are better games already in the market that were designed around space combat.

Don't worry about new OPs, Flashpoints, PVP maps, planets, events and daily areas. After all, who cares about the characters we leveled to 55 and geared or their individual stories that the game is supposedly built around?

Take as long as you need.

1-2 years to work out the kinks? Sure!

We'll be here waiting patiently for the next real PVP or PVE update (other than nightmare modes of the same OPs) while you work on something that will appease the people in your forum (for, like, 5 mins).

Yes, please Bioware devote more resources to a space sim in an RPG game.

Don't even test the waters by releasing it first as a PVP mini-game, because we really needed one more half-decent space sim when there are better games already in the market that were designed around space combat.

Don't worry about new OPs, Flashpoints, PVP maps, planets, events and daily areas. After all, who cares about the characters we leveled to 55 and geared or their individual stories that the game is supposedly built around?

Take as long as you need.

1-2 years to work out the kinks? Sure!

We'll be here waiting patiently for the next real PVP or PVE update (other than nightmare modes of the same OPs) while you work on something that will appease the people in your forum (for, like, 5 mins).

You missed the point *entirely*. Good job!

I think rather he gets the point very well. I want them to work on the core experience of this game that I really enjoy. Putting in the space pvp is going to be a great addition to the game in terms of expanding content that you can do both while and after leveling. But I want the developers to get back to expanding the core content of this game that I already have invested time into. Not something that essentially becomes a whole different MMO.

You missed the point *entirely*. Good job!

How so?

Didn't you just say that they should've made it in a way that includes PVE missions?

Do you think that would've happened magically, without anyone having to work on that PVE aspect?

I don't get the space sim fascination. For a while, the only thing LucasArts developed was space sims with Star Wars lore. Wasn't that enough? Why do we NEED a full JTL expansion in THIS game as well, when this is an RPG and not a Space Sim?

For the record, I'm not against them adding anything they want. They could make a whole expansion about pink Elephants and I still wouldn't care. I wouldn't play the Pink Elephants expansion (just like I'm not going to play the Space sim one), but if others enjoyed it, good for them (and Bioware).

What I do care about is the fact that developing, marketing, releasing, supporting, updating and debugging said Pink Elephant expansion would take up so much of the time of a rather small developing team, that it would seem pointless to go all out and focus on something that was never supposed to be part of the core game, especially when the end product will inevitably:

a. Not be focused on the story (which is the best asset this game has)

b. Not satisfy hardcore Space Sim players

c. Not make a big part of the community any more likely to remain in the game

and

d. Not be able to compete with other games out there specifically designed around space combat

Edited by TheNahash

How so?

Didn't you just say that they should've made it in a way that includes PVE missions?

Do you think that would've happened magically, without anyone having to work on that PVE aspect?

I don't get the space sim fascination. For a while, the only thing LucasArts developed was space sims with Star Wars lore. Wasn't that enough? Why do we NEED a full JTL expansion in THIS game as well, when this is an RPG and not a Space Sim?

For the record, I'm not against them adding anything they want. They could make a whole expansion about pink Elephants and I still wouldn't care. I wouldn't play the Pink Elephants expansion (just like I'm not going to play the Space sim one), but if others enjoyed it, good for them (and Bioware).

What I do care about is the fact that developing, marketing, releasing, supporting, updating and debugging said Pink Elephant expansion would take up so much of the time of a rather small developing team, that it would seem pointless to go all out and focus on something that was never supposed to be part of the core game, especially when the end product will inevitably:

a. Not be focused on the story (which is the best asset this game has)

b. Not satisfy hardcore Space Sim players

c. Not make a big part of the community any more likely to remain in the game

and

d. Not be able to compete with other games out there specifically designed around space combat

The point was that *IF* they must make a space expansion, making it PvP only is just stupid. It doesn't even have to be a space sim, even something like the Starfighter games of PS2 would have been better than PvP. A PvP mini-game is about the LAST thing anyone wants in this game right now.

If they had any sense they would have just scrapped the current space entirely in production, focus on the ground game and start messing with stuff like space when their game isn't slowly dying. If it's a different team then fine, fire the space guys and hire more people to develop what they sold the game on, story content.

A PvP mini-game is about the LAST thing anyone wants in this game right now.

Please speak for yourself only, dear Sir.

How I love people who think they can speak in my and the whole communities name and of course always know what's good or bad in the world or for the game...

How I love people who think they can speak in my and the whole communities name and of course always know what's good or bad in the world or for the game...

And adding absolutely *nothing* to the conversation apart from a childish personal attack based on hyperbole is your idea of sophistication? How quaint.

Casual-friendly, theme-park MMOs are not only not out of fashion, they are the present and future of any MMO which hopes to attain mass-market appeal. EVE (and whatever "hardcore" sand box game replaces it) will probably always have a niche, but nothing more. Those days are gone.

You are so wrong that I don't even know where to start:

Recent theme parks mmos:

Rift - theme park mmo, good game, lost a huge numbers of subs, had to go f2p and they laid off some staff.

The Secret World - theme park mmo, some really great quests....f2p within 6 months and now on the backburner

TERA - saved by going f2p and is doing ok thanks to it's unique action combat system

EVE Online - rising subscriber numbers since years...

EVE Online - rising subscriber numbers since years...

The thing you have to remember about EVE is that 1) like WoW, they opened the game up in the Asian markets, that's where the biggest boost came from, and 2) because of the way PLEX works, it encourages people to create multiple subscriptions. The average "casual" EVE player I know has at least 5 accounts.

The thing you have to remember about EVE is that 1) like WoW, they opened the game up in the Asian markets, that's where the biggest boost came from, and 2) because of the way PLEX works, it encourages people to create multiple subscriptions. The average "casual" EVE player I know has at least 5 accounts.

I would attribute it to their skill system and shortcutting around to useful gathering, etc. also.