"something better than cross server" SOLUTION

jeanleo

If I understand well, they will put a "arena" server in which we can copy our character, a server like PTS where ppl can queue yoloQ or 4s. A server where only arenas will be available, and all the others stuff cancelled

am i right ?

im just guessing but i think its the only good solution to our issue

im a genious

peace

Edited by jeanleo

Probably not. My guess is their solution is F2P can queue for ranked/unlimited WZ'z or some other non-sense.

This would be terrible. I can imagine all the ungeared, clueless f2pers in arenas now. There is no way this is it. I dont possibly see how it could be better than cross server.

There really seems to be about 5 possibilities here

-Server mergers

-Arena server, like in the OP

-Good incentives for ranked

-Cross-faction for solo arenas

-Some form of cross-server, but they are not calling it that

Probably not. My guess is their solution is F2P can queue for ranked/unlimited WZ'z or some other non-sense.

Nope, that's actually not it. In one of the recent friday streams (I think it was last fri), Musco answered a question regarding F2P in warzones. He said that the vast majority of F2P don't even reach their weekly allotment of five warzones as it is, so they suspect that allowing unlimited F2P access to warzones would have basically no effect on queues. So, they have no plans to do that.

The twilek parlor dance can now be done in combat

Aoe's now have a friendly fire penalty

Each player will have a "kill friendly player" ability that is on a one week cooldown

An arena where our comps fight each other and we can bet on it

A grievance dueling arena where bickering ragers can duel - loser's toon gets deleted and the winner gets to loot the loser for all his credits like a lowly mob

the twilek parlor dance can now be done in combat

aoe's now have a friendly fire penalty

each player will have a "kill friendly player" ability that is on a one week cooldown

an arena where our comps fight each other and we can bet on it

a grievance dueling arena where bickering ragers can duel - loser's toon gets deleted and the winner gets to loot the loser for all his credits like a lowly mob

where do i sign up for this magnificence ?

Each player will have a "kill friendly player" ability that is on a one week cooldown

A grievance dueling arena where bickering ragers can duel - loser's toon gets deleted and the winner gets to loot the loser for all his credits like a lowly mob

So much win.

Nope, that's actually not it. In one of the recent friday streams (I think it was last fri), Musco answered a question regarding F2P in warzones. He said that the vast majority of F2P don't even reach their weekly allotment of five warzones as it is, so they suspect that allowing unlimited F2P access to warzones would have basically no effect on queues. So, they have no plans to do that.

Honestly, that kind of makes me think it will be that more. BW is very out of touch with the PvP pop. Let's not forget for the big PvP patch, 2.4, they removed PvP content.

Arenas are so boring and simple. Arena server sounds like a awful idea.

Single pvp mega server seems like the most probable outcome. They probably looked at the metrics and found the amount of subscribers that regularly pvp could fit on a single server/.

Honestly, that kind of makes me think it will be that more. BW is very out of touch with the PvP pop. Let's not forget for the big PvP patch, 2.4, they removed PvP content.

You know what at that time that decision was the correct one to make, whether or not things turned out exactly how they wanted that's another issue.

But removal of 8v8 was correct at that time, if you want to give them flak there are many things you can use but 8v8 is not one.

Edited by znihilist

Haha yes plz.

But removal of 8v8 was correct at that time.

No.

I can't imagine something better than cross server.

If they are planning to let F2P do unlimited wz's that would mean the end for the pvp society who gives a small sh*t.

As said earlier all those undergeared players, derping around clueless would be the worst case for PvP

You know what at that time that decision was the correct one to make, whether or not things turned out exactly how they wanted that's another issue.

But removal of 8v8 was correct at that time, if you want to give them flak there are many things you can use but 8v8 is not one.

I've never been a fan of ranked at all but getting rid of 8v8 WAS a TERRIBLE idea. They actually had the PvP community on their own terms converging on Pot5 toward the end, but the big thing is; there were PvP guilds, with progression for people to join and be trained up in the hopes of making an "A" team. You could join a PvP guild and they would really work with you an try to coach up members. Some guilds were more elite but there was always some up and comers working on it.

Yeah. Natural PvP progression being driven by the community. Who wants that?!? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing cross-faction teams. Trololol yeah I might be talking bull**** but consider that:

- Story-wise we're told that both factions will be working together to fight (yawn) super evildoer mode Revan. Check the box for story/lore.

- PVE has primacy over PVP by a long shot. If this sort of resource consolidation is being done for sacred cow PVE, I can't see devs considering PVP special for exemption from that and worth more of their time than necessary. Check the box for easiest solution for devs.

- PVP pop. balance and faction quality has always been a common issue and complaint. Imps Are Legion vs. the Pub KB turners queuing between PVE runs that act like showing up is all that anyone should care about. The issue varies by server but it's still common. Another box check.

Or maybe it's just F2P restrictions go and I'm a cynical ****. Guess we'll see.

Edited by Joesixxpack

BW is very out of touch with the PvP pop. Let's not forget for the big PvP patch, 2.4, they removed PvP content.

Abso'freakin'lutely!!!! It wasn't only in 2.4 either, they removed an entire PvP planet when they removed every incentive and mission for Ilum. We were told it would return, better than before...and we got 4v4v4v4 FFA zones that are only populated during the once a year Gree event...for a week...I have zero faith in their PvP team.

Well, they could go GW2's route - give everyone max level, max gear in the wz/arenas... That would let them chop the other two brackets out and might fix q times even in arenas if lvl 10s could q for them. I would be very disappointed if they did anything like that but that's all I can think of that might work for qs (at least in the short term).

but seriously u dont think my idea isnt that irrealistic??

In my opinion its not that hard to implement !

Assuming you are not trolling, the main flaw in your plan is that it assumes that people who want to do serious PvP never want to do anything else. I.E you are assuming that someone who does ranked will never want to do a raid or whatnot. Which is false.

Oh and making a server that doesn't include other types of content is actually more annoying to implement, since it requires setting up a server that is fundamentally different than others, rather than a duplicate.