To avoid a bad launch they cause a bad launch

darthbored

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What bad launch? Game hasn't launched yet, and I'm sure they don't care about whiny 8 year olds who didn't get what they wanted, even though it's been stated since preorders started that it depends on when you entered the code.

Well, according to the launcher and EA, the game has launched.

it's bad because this is probably the worst way to launch any game, let alone an MMO where you're at an increasing disadvantage the longer you wait. Reward players who have the most money and luck and **** on people who had to wait a couple of weeks or had their codes lost by incompetent retailers.. or both.

it's bad because this is probably the worst way to launch any game, let alone an MMO where you're at an increasing disadvantage the longer you wait. Reward players who have the most money and luck and **** on people who had to wait a couple of weeks or had their codes lost by incompetent retailers.. or both.

ah, poor baby.......QQ

Good point, actually. My only gripe that warrants any concern whatsoever are the effects of giving people 6 or 7 days of full access before most. There will easily be xxx amount of players who are 50 before the majority even logs in for the first time. This is where having two extra days is actually a disadvantage (for everyone else). I hope they keep pumping out new servers!

I do & this has been the worst out of them all. RIFT/DCUO being the smoothest.

rift didn't have a great launch. Overcrowded zone, spike lag. The first rift were horrible "what there's 250 player on the same spot greeeat"

Edited by ethanfel

1) It cost $5 to pre-order, so nobody was at a financial disadvantage

2) Luck? There was no luck ... pre-order earlier, get more ealy access ... it's a fairly simple concept really. There is NO luck involved.

3) incompetent retailers is not EA/BW's problem ... If tried to pre-order from Gamestop and they didn't have a preorder code for me right that minute, I'd have pre-ordered from a different retailer

What increasing disadvantage? In the grand scheme of things, that extra week or so to get to max level vs. those that got in today is going to kill your entire experience in this game?

Really?

Me thinks you have no idea on how to view a situation with any amount of perspective on the big picture.