Free Battle Droid?!?!

RacerDemon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noted the April 1st date, and was like maybe....

More likely it seems they're doing some cross promotion with their other games.

Indeed. It doesn't change the fact that I've been playing since early access and I WANT THE PETS.

...Please, Bioware? Pleeeeeeeeaaaseeeee????

Seriously?

Bioware, tip: Don't give new members things existing members can't get.

Of course, if the speculation on the forums is true, we existing players might be able to get it by getting Battlefield, so...

Also, why wouldn't Bioware be advertising Battlefield to SWTOR players? It doesn't make sense to only tell Battlefield players about the droid....

Edited by DarthVitrial

Looks like it went to Origin accounts that have Battlefield 3 purchased but not SW:TOR.

I don't have Battlefield 3 and I got the email also.

Edit: I take that back, while I did get a SWTOR promotional email today it was not the same one as in the OP.

Edited by Hyfy

"I bought TOR and all I got was this lousy vanity pet". :p

Well. As stated, it's just a reskin, I think new players can be given that much. There's at least 2 others available from cartel packs and definitely a third one from the Gree event, if you don't like GTN or the cartel market. True enough it may be a "cool" reskin you might really really want and it's annoying when it's placed out of your reach, but the game has plenty of that allready. For instance, I will never get my hands on an Aratech Nightscythe, the coolest looking speederbike in the game. Nor will my bounty hunter get the Imperial Soldier armour, as I didn't get CE. Minor annoyance though, just had to find alternatives.

As someone who collects every pet (even promotional ones and simple reskins) and has been playing since Early Access, I'm really hoping these reskins are somehow available to existing subscribers.

Same here! I want to be able to get all the pets, but I have absolute no interest in Battlefield. Maybe BioWare is now just trying to annoy the collectors and completionists, sometimes I thing they really hate the folks who played from the start.