New blog regarding Flashpoints/Ops

http://www.swtor.com/blog/operations-and-flashpoints-fallen-empire?sf39281187=1

Just posted on the TOR FB page.

I'm pretty excited for seeing a lot of the old content boosted to relevancy again. At the same time I'm kind of annoyed - I like soloing old irrelevant content, like I could in WoW - it sounds as though the original level 50/55 hard modes and ops and whatnot won't exist in 4.0.

I'll also have to get my butt in gear for obtaining HK-51, if the HM fp's required for that are getting retuned to 65.

However, the worrisome thing is that despite all these changes, they're still mum on new FP's/Ops coming. What if there aren't any? :(

It actually says in there NO New end game instances, just bolstered rehashes and retunings. Now, this may merely apply to the initial nine-chapter release, but is disappointing and potentially damning in the extreme.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/operations-and-flashpoints-fallen-empire?sf39281187=1

Just posted on the TOR FB page.

I'm pretty excited for seeing a lot of the old content boosted to relevancy again. At the same time I'm kind of annoyed - I like soloing old irrelevant content, like I could in WoW - it sounds as though the original level 50/55 hard modes and ops and whatnot won't exist in 4.0.

I'll also have to get my butt in gear for obtaining HK-51, if the HM fp's required for that are getting retuned to 65.

However, the worrisome thing is that despite all these changes, they're still mum on new FP's/Ops coming. What if there aren't any? :(

level 65 ev? so much fun again to have people wipe to soa!

level 65 ec in the group finder? :eek: Imagine the pain of trying to get a pug group for ec in october! :D

golden fury in group finder! that's new! :rolleyes:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/operations-and-flashpoints-fallen-empire?sf39281187=1However, the worrisome thing is that despite all these changes, they're still mum on new FP's/Ops coming. What if there aren't any? :(

If there aren't any, you won't know, cos they won't say it. Instead, you'll be hoping, and waiting for news of the next major patch, over and over.

EDIT: nevermind, didn't read this last part:

We know that many players love our Operations and look forward to the introduction of new challenges, however with Knights of the Fallen Empire there will not be any new Operations

Edited by mynameisbugged

I can actually dig these changes. Yea, i'm bummed that there's no new FP's or Ops coming immideately, but this Xpac is mainly story focused, so making all of the relavent story based FP's Solo-able makes sense. Hopefully this will also make Ilum something worth doing before you go to Makeb.

So to summarize the model going forward:

No linear progression due to same gear from all Ops.

No differences in gear from HM/NiM, only differently tuned difficulty, vanity, titles, and achievements.

All available operations will presumably always be at same level and drop same gear with lvl 50+ bolstered for story mode versions.

I'm cool with this model, but wonder how they heck they'll balance difficulty across ~50 bosses. If they tune it as before, I guess this means no more NiM vanity sales runs? Hopefully enough skilled players stick around so that content doesn't dry up, vs. now where more than just the top tier raiders can go in and enjoy it by over level/out gear.

Well as a hardcore endgame raider it's quite disappointing to see there will be no new operations. Will probably stay just after the expansion but I guess this patch now is going to shut out the last few raiders on this game. It's clear as daylight that they don't care about the operations any more and want to make it a story driven MMO. I think though that even EA will find a way to break the operations similarly to how they did after 3.0 with some bosses (e.g Raptus in DP) having some incidental difficulty tweaks to it, just because they do not care about the operations enough to raise them properly.

I personally like the changes. They will add new ones eventually but not right away. Sounds like tonme they want to fix what is broken first before they add new content which is fine with me. I'd rather they fixed what's broken before adding new stuff.

Also fro.what I've heard EA / Disney have bug plans for SWTOR that ties in the game to he movies, one thing that kept popping up was vitiate being part of the movies.

I doubt Disney will want anything star wars related,including this game to fail. This game was and has always been about story, story, story. It's never been designed for hardcore PVP, raiding and such. It was meant for the casual player.

If you want constant new raids and thjgs like that or great PVP play wow, play an NCsoft game who's focus is on endgame raiding or PVP. This is simply not that type of game.

I personally welcome the changes its a good thing, make things better then they were before then once that is forced then focus on newnops / flashpoints.

I personally like the changes. They will add new ones eventually but not right away. Sounds like tonme they want to fix what is broken first before they add new content which is fine with me. I'd rather they fixed what's broken before adding new stuff.

They broke DP and DF when 3.0 arrived without even touching them. And you are talking about fixing things, this is just funny:)

Most ToR players who started playing after 2.4. is bad. I mean really bad, because of being massivly oveargeared for operations, tacticals and solo fp. I run Kuats the other night levelling my healer, had 3 dps in my group, it took them 11 minutes to kill Guardian boss. Ppl are that bad. If Bioware will scale old content properly they will have no chance to clear it because there are too much mechanics in old ops. And there will be no raiders around to teach them.

And 10 operatins will drop top level gear? Damn u will be BiS in 2 weeks.

I dont get why HM operations will drop the same gear as NiM Operations?

I would understand if HM Tos/Rav dropped the same gear as NiM old ops, but the old HM ops will drop the same gear as well? The only reason to do NiM then is for vanity reasons. Unless if NiM Rav/Tos comes out, then the old NiM ops will drop the same thing.

Hooray, the less "hardcore" raiders and PvPers the better.

The "casual" raiders can't clear the current content. GOOD LUCK with the older content at 65 that none of you can clear at 55. GOOD LUCK. There's going to be about 500 million threads about how the content is way too hard when this stuff gets knocked up to 65. This retooling is actually the worst thing for a casual raider.

I love it. But, you won't.

The "casual" raiders can't clear the current content. GOOD LUCK with the older content at 65 that none of you can clear at 55. GOOD LUCK. There's going to be about 500 million threads about how the content is way too hard when this stuff gets knocked up to 65. This retooling is actually the worst thing for a casual raider.

agree x 1000

when they realize that no one will be around to write their guides, or carry them through content, then they will just unsub like everyone else, because after the story is consumed, then what is the point?

when they realize that no one will be around to write their guides, or carry them through content, then they will just unsub like everyone else, because after the story is consumed, then what is the point?

Because single player online with a sub and slight guild function baby!!! I'm regretting re subbing I knew I should have waited. I can just play Witcher 3 and talk on TS for a one time fee compared to this.

This is true. I did a Gf run out of sheer boredom yesterday and had to solo DPS final phase of council cause half the group stood in front of the door when Brontes did the clock. Lol expecting them to do at level oh my BW on that ganja

But nobody teaches anything right now either. Folks are speeding through or frustrate themselves trying to get that HM 60 stuff week after week. I just hope to find other players who are new, not jaded and tired, so willing to give it a shot and get things figured out despite not having the old guard out there to shrug and carry on. It's been a long time since there was a new entry point and now that new entry point seems to actually have a few steps in difficulty,and have options every day instead of One Shot a Week at Underlurker and might even be attractive to a fair bit of people. If not, well, what can you do. You do need seven others to even try. Edited by DomiSotto