New concept: operations pvp?

I have a idea for operations to take and wanted to share with you guys. let's call it operation pvp.

What is it?: Republic and imperials que up to race each other to take down any operation boss.

How it could work?: lets say we put every operation boss in this new que. So let's say you que up and get Soa, the group will consist of the normal operations group. (2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 dps). So we zone in and it will take us straight to the boss room. The fight wont actually start until both sides ready checks are green, then an actual countdown will start (3...2...1...pull or something to that effect) then you beat the boss before the other side does. The match will end once whoever side beats the boss first. At the end at each match, it will display a leaderboard (just like pvp, highest dps, heals...etc) This will not affect lockouts at all, this is something just for fun.

I don't know what the rewards could be...What are your thoughts on this? Is it a good idea or a bad one? What are the possible cons?

How about making it real competitive ? ;)

Had something like it in another game I used to play years ago - Anarchy Online.

There was this huge Dragon called Tarasque dropping a BiS chestpiece for every single class on a 24ish hour spawn timer.

The catch was that the instance was open and you were flagged upon entering - so you had to split your raid into one half killing it, while the other half stood way back in the corridor and kept off the other faction.

Im not entirely sure how SWTOR could pull something like that off tbh, the community here is a bit more... well ;)

and we didnt have griefers at all back then.