CSR's: Which color codes are banned?

DarthTHC

I AM NOT A DEVELOPER

OK, now that we've made that perfectly, crystal clear, I am asking the CSR's which color codes are and are not allowed to be used. I ask this because I don't want to inadvertently use a color code that is "too close" to the developer color and get into trouble.

For reference, the developer color code is #f9d648. When you wrap that into this forum's COLOR BB code, you get text that looks like this. Per the forum's terms of use, using that color code is against the rules for "impersonating a developer" or something like that.

If you know how HTML color codes work, you can manipulate that hexadecimal value to be a different color:

• If you wanted to make the whole thing lighter, you could add 0x070707 to it and get ffdf51 for text that looks like this.
  • To make it darker, you could subtract 0x202020 from the developer color code and get d9b628 for text that looks like this.

So back to the original question, if I want to use gold-ish text in any of my posts (because the yellow code in the drop-down is ugly), what color codes or range of color codes may I not use because they are deemed "too close" to the developer color code?

Thank you.

• Dev Post

Hey DarthTHC!

Simply put, if the color you are posting in could at all be confused for the normal gold/yellow that we use to post I would avoid it. It isn't that you are intentionally impersonating an employee, but if a player is quickly skimming a thread, when they see yellow text the assumption will be it is from us.

Hope that clears it up!

-eric

Hey DarthTHC!

Simply put, if the color you are posting in could at all be confused for the normal gold/yellow that we use to post I would avoid it. It isn't that you are intentionally impersonating an employee, but if a player is quickly skimming a thread, when they see yellow text the assumption will be it is from us.

Hope that clears it up!

-eric

Thanks for the response Eric. We always appreciate it when we get an official word on something :)

So back to the original question, if I want to use gold-ish text in any of my posts (because the yellow code in the drop-down is ugly), what color codes or range of color codes may I not use because they are deemed "too close" to the developer color code?

Thank you.

If you like Gold, I find FBB117 (otherwise titled Beer) is a nice color to use and it is noticably different from BWEA coloring. Though personally, any Yellowish gold will still likely get a 2nd look.

Hey DarthTHC!

It isn't that you are intentionally impersonating an employee, but if a player is quickly skimming a thread, when they see yellow text the assumption will be it is from us.

Hope that clears it up!

-eric

Heh.....in other words... they don't want forum members taking faux-gold posts to the knee. :D

There are enough challenge as it is just trying to encourage people not to read more into a gold post then is written IMO. :p

.....like...... did Eric say "po-tay-to" or "pot-hot-o" when he posted a response about upcoming potatoes in the next patch.....followed by a nonsequitur rant into why carrots are not potatoes, which inevitably leads to complaints about "where's the carrots!?" etc. etc. :p

Oh... and steer clear of yellow snow too DarthTHC :p Izz not good for you. ;)

Edited by Andryah

There's no reason to use a color for font that even looks remotely close to the BW color. There are plenty of other colors out there.

Yeah, I don't understand why this was even an issue to be brought up. Posting in colors other than than the default serves no purpose.

Probably because some people think their opinion is special or warrants some sort of extra attention so they want to make it stand out. So, like you said, there's no real purpose.

Probably because some people think their opinion is special or warrants some sort of extra attention so they want to make it stand out. So, like you said, there's no real purpose.

Or to make things pretty...:p

I see what you did there... but only after I highlights your text. :D

I would have had to highlight too, except the computer system already scanned it, filed it, checked to see if it was making any threateni....I mean yeah, I highlighted it too.