Subscriber Reward: Nautolan Species!

DanielSteed

The bit I'm most excited about is the "And more" - I'm hoping that is not just smoke being blown up somewhere it shouldn't.

I'd love to think the Devs have the financial and operational resources and backing available to them to take this game by the scruff of the neck and make it the flagship Star Wars game it deserves to be.

I'm being niave?...I hope not.

Any idea when the name sale, transfer, etc....Will go on?? Eric posted about it but haven't heard anything since then.

It was described as a "plan", not a promise.

Not that this thread was specifically asking, but I did want to let you know that there is a plan to have a sale on some character stuff like renames and probably also transfers when we get closer to launch. It is still a bit away and I don't have exact timing, but we will be sure to give you some notice (a week or so) before it goes live.

Thanks!

-eric

Thank you for this. I am curious what kind of customization's are going to be available for Nautolans. I get that it will most likely be a 'helmet off' character which I am fine with. Unless they come up with a neat helmet like Paxton.

I shall predict! 3 shades of green, 3 of blue, a off yellow, a darker orange and an unreasonable darker tone nearing black that almost no one would seriously use unless it's affected by Dark Side corruption. 6 faces, 2-3 being very undesireable (big lips, goofy stretching of the face, eyes look weird), 2 being very similar and 2 being rather flexible between body type proportions. Of course, their lekku being tied to the face. 6-7 complexion options and.. I think that's about it. Any less and I'll begin my march of BioWare's temple. Any more and I won't glitterbomb Musco. :D

Any classes that make more/less sense to play for a Nautolan? I am unfamiliar with the species and its standing in each faction, but I was considering replaying a smuggler or bounty hunter and both those classes could be practically any race.

As far as I remember, I think I've seen them represented everywhere besides the official imperial hiearchy, are there any Nautolan sith characters in the game I might have forgotten?

Hello everyone!

Today we published an article highlighting the upcoming Subscriber reward - the Nautolan species! The full article can be found here. This should clarify any lingering questions around the Nautolan species unlock.

Looks cool Daniel!

Thanks for the added info. Would've been cool to get them in September, but it's a nice subscriber perk all the way around.

This kind of thing is a great way to entice subs. Thanks!

i don't think that you can catch anybody with a healthy mind, to subscribe for that unlock. and especially for long-term-subscribers it is a bit disappointing.

compared to former subscriber rewards, we don't get an early access, nothing exclusive, nothing rare and nothing with a high worth. so the unlock is not the reason to subscribe. maybe give some decoration stuff, some nice posters or something like that. or a nautolan jetpack.

the unlock will costs 300cc the first weeks. later 600cc. even if you always wanted to play a nautolan, you could by some cartel coins and it is cheaper. especially if we still not know, if the expansion is really an expansion or just another small content patch. so why going for the risk that the expansion fails, if you can buy it later for a small fee?

and before somebody comes with any bs around... yes i'm a subscriber and i have more than 500days left. but still the unlock is no reason to me, to subscribe.

The bit I'm most excited about is the "And more" - I'm hoping that is not just smoke being blown up somewhere it shouldn't.

I'd love to think the Devs have the financial and operational resources and backing available to them to take this game by the scruff of the neck and make it the flagship Star Wars game it deserves to be.

I'm being niave?...I hope not.

Being naive? possibly, but there is no way to know with Bioware what you'll expect on release.

I don't expect SWTOR has the resources it once had, i think most of that is being ploughed into Anthem for a big expac push on that end if i were a betting man, yet i'm not. There is also that unnamed Dragon Age game that is long in the making, so resources could of been dumped into that as well to accelerate its development. Even so, i'm not certain EA is willing to put too much into SWTOR.

There are a lot of players who want SWTOR to continue to improve and go places interesting, so you aren't alone in that desire.

I find this a great thing but would ask you release the game on October 15th. It is a solid date still early enough for people to stay subbed from now until than. Waiting until the 22nd is not good for Dev or players who are already excited and waiting. I realize they need more time but no matter how much you perfect the game it will have bugs. The major thing is to make sure it doesn't have major bugs or mechanics that will drop your sub rating quickly. I think Mid October will do just that. Edited by _Anderal_

It was described as a "plan", not a promise.

No, it's not an unfair question, except for the implication that the announcement of a *plan* was a promise of delivery.

Ok Steve semantics. :rolleyes: All I wanted was an answer from a Dev. It can say "Yes we are going to do it on X date." or "No, we've scrapped that idea."

Does that somehow make his question an unfair one? Simple things shouldn't take months.

^Exactly. Just an answer would be nice. Not someone arguing semantics & compositions of sentences/questions/etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I wish we could unlock with new expansion/chapter things like :

- SiS agent for Rep to become Grand Admiral or someone else also have many choices

- Trooper Imperials to become either Grand Moff or supreme general/leader of all troops

New powers for jedi and Sith , visible in cutscenes and in gameplay and make npc's be scared of our character/or happy to see us like light side of emperor( like representation of light side with similar power like Valkorion - only light)

or Same as valkorion to create and suck life dark side ultimate

Any idea when the name sale, transfer, etc....Will go on?? Eric posted about it but haven't heard anything since then.

Hey CaptRogue, I used your referral link to get that seven day subscribe time. Will my account turn back to free to play when the seven days are up? and if not, how do I make sure my account doesn't automatically enter a subscribe plan?

• 2 weeks later...

New Subscriber Reward: Nautolan Species

Okay, so you have this nice reward for "NEW" subscribers. What about the reward for Die-Hard, Legendary subscribers that have been playing since the beginning and waiting since the beginning? When are you going to allow us to play as a Wookie and visit Kashyyyk?

In the meantime, thank you for a gorgeous and fabulous gaming experience.

New Subscriber Reward: Nautolan Species

Okay, so you have this nice reward for "NEW" subscribers. What about the reward for Die-Hard, Legendary subscribers that have been playing since the beginning and waiting since the beginning?

"New" as in it is a "New reward" for subscribers. Not a reward for "New subscribers".

Read the article.