Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

JonJW
03.26.2012 , 08:50 AM | #701
Agreed, not a fan of Tab targeting. I would also like target assisst window. That way you can see who ops leader or main dps is targeting and everyone can focus fire.

Ydocretsof
03.26.2012 , 09:16 AM | #702
/signed tab targeting is atrocious at the moment.

Strongfort
03.26.2012 , 09:43 AM | #703
I can't believe with all the patches so far that non one chance to tab targeting has occurred. Not even an option to change the method so we don't remove the current way if some like it.

Izola
03.26.2012 , 09:59 AM | #704
This is BY FAR the worst targeting system I've ever played with. If I could just figure out why it targets the players it does I MIGHT be able to work with it.

And I can't use closest target Bcuz It only allows FOR THE CLOSEST TARGET...REALLY?

Maybe 1.2 has fixes for this....Cough it damn well BETTER Cough

WBTronix
03.26.2012 , 10:19 AM | #705
I agree!

I'd also like a change to the trageting reticle. Just a simple animation that stands out from all the other action.

Also is it just me or does the reticle sometimes display on the ground around an opponents feet?

HBninjaX
03.26.2012 , 10:21 AM | #706
the faulty tab targeting lost me a game the other day in huttball.

what is the offical word from the devs on this issue? Have they even acknowledged that it's a problem???

_droider_
03.26.2012 , 02:54 PM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by JonJW View Post
Agreed, not a fan of Tab targeting. I would also like target assisst window. That way you can see who ops leader or main dps is targeting and everyone can focus fire.
Coming in 1.2

To the OP: man am I glad I'm a main healer; ops frames ftw!

Verill
03.27.2012 , 12:55 AM | #708
Quote: Originally Posted by _droider_ View Post
Coming in 1.2

Hehehe true ^^
Verill - Sentinel - Coral - TOFN

KekoSplit
03.27.2012 , 01:04 AM | #709
The only thing that's worse then TAB targeting is trying to target someone by clicking on them with your mouse. If he's moving, it's 100% impossible to click on him.

After having countless allies die because I could not target them with my mouse in order to heal them, I assigned "Target nearest ally" to CTRL+TAB, but then you gain all the perks of a "beautifully" crafted TAB targeting system.

xDJFx
03.27.2012 , 02:17 AM | #710
Quote: Originally Posted by _droider_ View Post
Coming in 1.2

Agreed. But they should strongly consider enemy ops frames as well. It's basically essential to high level PVP so we can hotkey and target switch faster.