New Story Content

Brother_Wolf_NZ

I've addressed this before, but I'm just too hyped up about it now. When will we ever get new story content? I feel like that they should had made Onslaught more epic, not in terms with gear and other things but in terms of story content. Now, I'm personally saying that I don't mean I like KOTFE and KOTET, but it should had been on that kind of scale in chapters and etc, not just one story involving one shipyard. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I've addressed this before, but I'm just too hyped up about it now. When will we ever get new story content? I feel like that they should had made Onslaught more epic, not in terms with gear and other things but in terms of story content. Now, I'm personally saying that I don't mean I like KOTFE and KOTET, but it should had been on that kind of scale in chapters and etc, not just one story involving one shipyard. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

probably never, swtor has lost so many resources, I doubt they'd ever be returned to the level needed. Look how long it took to get onslaught. It's a shame though :(

Edited by DarkTergon

The new movies are bringing some players on, let's hope the TV show may be even better and this game gets more money. I think they should focus in the story soloable content, as that is what brings new players on board.

It's great getting new blood in to the game, but i doubt we'll ever have the numbers we had at the beginning, so I can't imagine they'll ever put extra resources in to it. As long as it keeps going I'll be happy though.

This is the only Star Wars mmo game on the market, im surprised it's getting low amount of resources. If they were smart they would make huge epic story expansions. If they actually put in the effort and the budget they could make this game incredible. Instead the big executives would rather invest into *cough* Anthem, games that are just destined to be garbage. Swtor for being out for so many years and still going strong means it has the POTENTIAL it's just being neglected for all the wrong reasons.

The new movies are bringing some players on, let's hope the TV show may be even better and this game gets more money. I think they should focus in the story soloable content, as that is what brings new players on board.

More solo story content is what i want, but it really would be better to just make single player game like Mass Effect 3 and Fallen Order. That would be much more enjoyable.

Sadly i have no faith they would do that well. Fallen Order had good gameplay, but nothing about the story was in any way approaching Mass Effect 2/3 quality. And some things were better in Jedi Knight games, i really wanted lot more basic stormtroopers and other ranged enemies, i don't like when most of the grunts are melee troops. Lightsaber fights should be rare but epic and long, it should not be replicated against every grunt.

Also i love visuals of SWTOR. SWTOR propably has my favorite visuals, good mix of realism and stylistic design so it never completely looks obsolete (after they patch low res stuff). I love the colors, though i hate when sometimes there is extreme shading where you can't see colors correctly anymore.

Brother Wolf,

This is what has been said so far:

Hey everyone,

[snip]

Patch 6.0.2 will be our last update for 2019 and we’ll target its availability mid-December. It’ll have additional bug fixes along with the following:

• Life Day returns and has new items for you to enjoy.
  • It’s our 8th year anniversary, so the vendor will have some new items.
  • We’re adding new missions on Mek-Sha, including new heroics.
  • You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.
  • Ranked Season 12 for our PvP players begins and winners from last season will get their well-deserved rewards.
  • Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.

We have Game Update 6.1 planned for early 2020 making its PTS debut in December. When we’re ready to have you take a look, I’ll share more details about the update and give you a glimpse into our future plans for SWTOR. Don’t forget Star Wars™ Celebration is planned for August and in Anaheim, California next year. We’re already making our plans to be there. Would be great to meet a bunch of you at the event! Thanks everyone for making Onslaught a success. Keep your thoughts, concerns, and ideas coming as those are an invaluable source of feedback for the team.

Happy Holidays,

Keith

They just released it... And you've blown through it already. Don't expect anything new for 6-18 months.

Onslaught released 7 weeks ago with about a weeks worth of new content if you are quite casual, so no surprise that anyone has already "blown through it". The story feels like a small part of a larger story, so hopefully we will get more (with more meat to it) in the "early 2020 patch that the devs. promised.

More solo story content is what i want, but it really would be better to just make single player game like Mass Effect 3 and Fallen Order. That would be much more enjoyable.

Would be interesting, if they were made into a single player to start with. They could have made more content already since no maintenance costs. But i think it's too late for that.

As for OP.. I would expect a long time. Months, or years. The game could be so much more, if they just put some extra effort into marketing. And with the new movies they definitely should.