Mischief and Anarchy blasters - don't waste your credits

uquququq

The cartel has the Mischief and Anarchy blasters on sale this week and you may be tempted, as I was, to pony up the cartel credits and buy. Don't give in to temptation, as I did :mad:

You cannot preview them which is unfortunate because you would see that instead of the main and offhand blaster they appear to be they are simply two main hand blasters and you can only equip one of them at a time. There is not even a cosmetic look to them when holstered - you still have the dorky looking offhand blaster on your other hip.

Edited by uquququq

No they aren't-my gunslinger is using Mischief as his mainhand and Anarchy as his offhand.

Have you equipped them with mods taken out of weapons you got as loot? That can lock them into specific roles. My gunslinger's Mishchief and Anarchy are currently locked as a mainhand weapon and offhand weapon, respectively, because I equipped them with mods ripped out of those types of weapons I got as loot.

I was able to equip 2 Anarchy on my Merc so it's working.

If you right click on the item while there's nothing inside it'll go by default on your main hand, you have to drag it from your inventory to equip it on your off hand.

If you have mods inside you have to be carefull that they're either available for both hand or put main hand on one and off hand on the second one and not have 2 main hands or 2 off hands

I have a recommendation for you as i did look these up as well.

Go on the GTN and see if they are up for sale individually. You can preview them if they are.

I decided that were just dumb expensive and not worth it.

Honestly there seems to be a lot of weapons like that, I thought the twisted fang lightsaber looked cool..than I saw the price tag.. (also watched a video that had the sounds and thought it sounded terrible.. really wish weapon sounds where preview-able)

Honestly there seems to be a lot of weapons like that, I thought the twisted fang lightsaber looked cool..than I saw the price tag.. (also watched a video that had the sounds and thought it sounded terrible.. really wish weapon sounds where preview-able)

Yes, this would be brilliant, I've gotten weapons a few times, and just hated the sound they made :(

Also, on topic, you can equip both as either main or off, as long as they are unmoded, or have the appropriate modes in it :)

You cannot preview them which is unfortunate because you would see that instead of the main and offhand blaster they appear to be they are simply two main hand blasters and you can only equip one of them at a time. There is not even a cosmetic look to them when holstered - you still have the dorky looking offhand blaster on your other hip.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Mischief and Anarchy are slightly different - one has a 'scope, one doesn't. You can either equip two Mischiefs (1 mainhand, 1 offhand), or two Anarchys, or one of each. (Or whatever combo you like.)

I really don't know what you mean about a "dorky looking offhand" - isn't your mainhand the same as your offhand, and therefore, just as dorky? 🤔

Anyway, like another poster, I expected this to be more of a complaint about the disappearing holsters. 😏

EDIT - it just occurred to me that you may not have thought to claim a second Mischief or Anarchy from Collections, to use as your offhand. Once you've unlocked them for your character, you can of course, claim multiple copies on that character without paying an unlock fee.

Why do a couple of blasters cost $30+?

1). Because they were the first to be holstered?

2). Because the artist actually fabricated them in his garage before turning them into models in game? They’re not just reskins or outright duplicates of old, no-longer-available skins?

3). Because cosmetic stuff is worth whatever people are willing to pay?

4). Because unlike real world goods, this digital stuff has a somewhat high initial cost and then is pure profit in perpetuity, regardless of being on sale or not, and so this revenue combined with subs has to sustain the entire SWTOR team?

I am not able to equip any blaster off hand except the ones I pick up that are designated "off hand" blasters and they invariably look like hair dryers. Is there something I am missing in the settings - I am a subscriber.:(

Well, the game won’t let you equip an offhand until you have equipped a main hand first. Things that are cosmetic like legacy pistols or cartel market pistols nearly always have the “mainhand, offhand” designation in their detailed tooltips. So if it’s a cartel market item like Mischief/Anarchy, then you can just claim a second copy from collections, equip one in the mainhand slot and the second in the offhand slot.

Well, the game won’t let you equip an offhand until you have equipped a main hand first. Things that are cosmetic like legacy pistols or cartel market pistols nearly always have the “mainhand, offhand” designation in their detailed tooltips. So if it’s a cartel market item like Mischief/Anarchy, then you can just claim a second copy from collections, equip one in the mainhand slot and the second in the offhand slot.

also, if you are putting mods in it from another blaster, make sure they are not main hand, or it will bind it to main.

also, if you are putting mods in it from another blaster, make sure they are not main hand, or it will bind it to main.

That doesn't really matter that much. The base pistol can be mainhand or offhand, so you can always get another copy if you accidently make one the wrong "hand". (If removing or replacing the barrel, doesn't change it.)

BTW - fun story. I bought the M&A set from the GTN for about 30-35 million (which was cheap at the time). I kept Anarchy and sold Mischief for about 20-25 million. (I don't recall the exact prices.)

I wish I had kept them both, now. 😥

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 years later...
The cartel has the Mischief and Anarchy blasters on sale this week and you may be tempted, as I was, to pony up the cartel credits and buy. Don't give in to temptation, as I did :mad:

i use them in both hands so not sure what you are talking about.