X Server rateds

TwitchWINs

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross server queuing is something I would love to see happen. But I think it should also be region-based, or you will end up with a lag-fest if you have EU, US and Asian players in one match. I'd be quite happy to have the queues simply expanded with the other servers in my region (in my case EU).

the devs should look at what is being done w/ PTS right now as far as PvP goes. create an additional server that has Fleet, the capitol planets, and warzones. allow us to copy our characters over there, and then we effectively have "cross server" PvP.

also, i glanced quickly at the thread title and transposed it in my brain to "X Rated Servers". LOL :D

Edited by cashogy_reborn

the devs should look at what is being done w/ PTS right now as far as PvP goes. create an additional server that has Fleet, the capitol planets, and warzones. allow us to copy our characters over there, and then we effectively have "cross server" PvP.

also, i glanced quickly at the thread title and transposed it in my brain to "X Rated Servers". LOL :D

That would be cool but you know people are attached to their characters and dum stuff lol id rather them just spend a week or two if it would even take that long to work out the kinks in x server.

Yes yes yes yes.

We need it.

Bump bump bump bump.

X server plus a ladder even if it is a crude one, thats what we need to shake things up.

Bump this everyday until they finally say something.

Edited by Laforet

Only thing I want to see is a reply from a CS person on whether this is evenbeing considered or not.

Plenty of threads asking for this, but not much in the way of replies.

I'll PM Eric this thread, see if he can't help with anything.

5 will get you 10 the answer is "wait and see" (i.e. no real answer).

My prediction is "no cross server queues, character copy used for PvP season 1 playoffs".

5 will get you 10 the answer is "wait and see" (i.e. no real answer).

My prediction is "no cross server queues, character copy used for PvP season 1 playoffs".

Yeah that wouldn't be a stretch of the imaginiation for sure. Although if we're making predictions, my guess is they will eventually open up "paid transfers", and Ranked teams/players will simply pay_fee/migrate to the server with the most competent action. It would be easier for EA to make money on players moving themselves accordingly, then them giving cross-server routes for free. I could be wrong though, just speculation really.

Ofc we need it. There is not simply enough ppl on single server to offer real competive rwz.

it could be argued that there is not enough people in the whole game to represent a competitive environment.

you would inevitably see a regression to the same situation we have now; only the best teams would queue, and all others would eventually be discouraged from losing to those teams so often and would stop queuing.

it could be argued that there is not enough people in the whole game to represent a competitive environment.

you would inevitably see a regression to the same situation we have now; only the best teams would queue, and all others would eventually be discouraged from losing to those teams so often and would stop queuing.

I agree with this because of biowares failed match making system. I mean if 4 teams are queuing up 2 of them are rated 2400+ the other 2 teams are rated 1500 or worst. You would think the 2 2400+ teams would play each other but nope they pit one of the 1500 rated teams against 1 of the 2400+ ranked teams. And even if there were more teams queing this would probably still happen all the time.

This could be somewhat circumvented if we had a working ladder system though.

This is a characteristic of the match making system. Today, if an 800 rated team and a 2000 rated team are the only teams queuing, they get paired, wasting the time of both. Repeat 5 times and now the 800 team is rated 795. WOOT! Lets match them against one another AGAIN!

If we only changed the current system so that a team queuing for RWZ could specify "only match me against an opposing team that is +/- <x> rating difference from my team". If you want to play anyone, you can specify <x> = 999999999999. With this feature, weak teams might get 8 really weak teams queuing rateds. In the long run this sort of thing will make the rated scene much more healthy.

It goes without saying that BW never planned for RWZ preseason to be the final product. They should know by now that the system as is does not foster a healthy RWZ community.

Other things that would be awesome, in addition to the above feature:

• queue for RWZ with toon A while playing PvE with toon B.
  • the above but with 4-man premade doing an FP. After finishing a WZ, you are put back in the FP where you left off.
  • same as above but with operations and 8-man

The above features would allow many folks to do other interesting things while waiting for the longer queue time that will result from stricter match scheduling. Of course it would be awesome to be able to level an alt while waiting for 50 WZ queue to pop.

the other awesome feature I'm always touting is 8v8 challenge match. Who's A-Team has the biggest epeen: Synergy or MVP? Whip them out in a challenge match! Want to practice against a known team? Arrange a challenge match.

Of course we will almost certainly not see any changes along these lines (or season 1) until after Makeb is rolled out. BW says they still plan to do Season 1 but they won't commit to a date or comment on exactly what their plans are. It is what it is.

easy solution to give the players what we want while still getting to focus on the only thing that Bioware / EA cares about.. the cash shop: put the cross server pvp onto the cartel market. boom!!! we get our pvp.. EA gets to charge us all cartel cash for it. it's a win win :cool: