Lightsaber Types

Erixander

Good day people. I'm a relatively new player and have been enjoying the game. I was just wondering if there's any chance that they might loosen up the way weapons are restricted in the game.

As an example one day might we see a Shadow able to wield a double, single, or dual lightsabers and have all of the Shadow abilities work correctly?

Before the cash shop I would have said no.

But now I could very much see them doing this as a cash shop unlock, I don't think it would be much to switch animations for abilities. Only a few new animations would be needed, the rest would just be copy's of the current ones.

I for one would jump at the chance for my powertech to have a rifle, would love to have a carbine type weapon on them. Just have to think outside the classes also for animations, like if a trooper had a single blaster. Instead of say rocket punch which wouldn't really fit, he would have blaster whip from the scoundrel animations.

Anyway only way I see this happening is if they want more cash shop unlocks, and myself this would be the one of the only things I would buy so far. Yet to spend a single cartel coin on any of that junk.

Also to add its not like most of this is not already in game used by npc's and companions.

Edited by caveslug

My highest character so far is a Shadow. Double-bladed lightsabers have always looked silly to me and I find it weird that an advanced class based off of the Consular is locked into using that instead of a single lightsaber or dual wielding.

what do you mean by locked? i still have my first saber and my double bladed and can equip both just fine

what do you mean by locked?

Some Shadow abilities require a DBLS (Shadow Strike, activating your Techniques, Low Slash, Force Breach), not to mention that standard Lightsabers deal less damage than DBLS (DBLS deal 120% of the damage that a standard LS does) so, even if you don't use one, you're hurting your DPS by a fair margin beyond the inability to use the previously mentioned abilities.