Two fast questions

Sendotux

I've been searching for this for a long time but I've gotten no answer yet.

The first thing is: On level 49-50 blue recipes, I can RE them to purple recipes Tier1. As of now I've still not gotten any Tier2 coming from a blue base item, so my question is: Do the Tier2 Artifact Items from blue base require those items that are dropped on HM flashpoints (which are like the "orbs" from wow as long as I understand)?

Just because I've seen this:

Greens (only regular items) -> Blues Tier 1 (regular + blue silks) -> purples Tier 2 (regular + blue silks + epic silks from U.Trading crits)

Blue (regular items+ blue silks) -> Purples Tier 1 (regular + blue silks + epic silks) -> Purples Tier 2 ( regular + blue silks + epic silks + ?????)

Just because the Rakata epics from vendor do require those, though they are bound on crafting so I don't know what to thing about this. Anyone who can answer me that?

My second question is way easier to explain and understand:

How the hell does the companions affection//stats affect to crits? A companion having "+5 XXX critical" means that it has a 5% more to do a critical item? or is another kind of formula? And there is any difference on crit rating between a companion with 0 and 10.000 affection?

Do the Tier2 Artifact Items from blue base require those items that are dropped on HM flashpoints (which are like the "orbs" from wow as long as I understand)

No they just require more purple materials than the T1 purple you started with. AFAIK only the vendor-bought (and raid-dropped) schematics require those raid resources.

How the hell does the companions affection//stats affect to crits? A companion having "+5 XXX critical" means that it has a 5% more to do a critical item? or is another kind of formula? And there is any difference on crit rating between a companion with 0 and 10.000 affection?

It is not precisely known how affection affects crit rating. It is believed that companions with higher affection have a greater chance to crit on missions, but for crafting this is not yet proven. And yes +5 critical means +5% chance to crit.

Edited by Rhaphael

• 2 weeks later...
Companion affection improves your crafting efficiency and crit chance.

I have a question.

"Ideally" you should give gifts of the proper rank to your companion..

0-2000 affection = rank 1 gift

2001-4000 = rank 2 gift

etc

8001-10000 = rank 5 gift

Sometimes in quests I simply cannot keep everyone satisfied (ignoring my own moral choices) so I will see a -1 affection.

My question is this:

At 9999/10000 affection, is he at 99.99% efficiency? or 80%?

You can grind blue crafts learned from schematics or vendors up to tier 2; they will give bonus tier 1 and tier 2 abilities accordingly. Do note that if you learn a tier 2 schematic from an artifact tier 1 it does not further enhance armor or tier 1 stat, it only adds the tier 2 stat. And to your question, the 49-50's tier 2 just require double the grade 6 required materials (do not need biometric alloy) Edited by Liegence

Fantastic to have confirmation of that fact - thanks!

Couple of follow up questions - since yellow text makes me happy:

1. Does REing an item with an augment slot still yield a better chance at proccing a new learned pattern? i understand it did in Beta, but havent seen confirmation post-launch.

2. Are there any other ways (besides REing augment slot gear) to increase the chance of learning new patterns?

3. Is it currently possible to RE rakata-crafted-gear or other raid-level schematic drops (dalarian/energized/exotech) into higher level versions with additional prefixes?

4. Is it possible to learn schematics from non-crafted gear that is still reverse-engineerable?

1. Is it possible to learn schematics from non-crafted gear that is still reverse-engineerable?

I spent a fair amount of money testing this. I couldn't even get a recipe from another player's _crafted_ item. I used the cheapest crafted items I could find so that I could mass-test. Tried enough times to satisfy my curiosity if it was possible.

Approximately 50-75 tries, not a single recipe.

I assume this is because they don't want you learning recipes without the schematic or training. For extremely rare or expensive schematics, it's understandable why.

I spent a fair amount of money testing this. I couldn't even get a recipe from another player's _crafted_ item. I used the cheapest crafted items I could find so that I could mass-test. Tried enough times to satisfy my curiosity if it was possible.

Approximately 50-75 tries, not a single recipe.

I assume this is because they don't want you learning recipes without the schematic or training. For extremely rare or expensive schematics, it's understandable why.

Sweet, so you have to be using gear that you specifically craft yourself?

Awesome - very good info to know!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry this is a bit of a necro but regarding this post; do we have exact numbers by how much?

Like I have T7 max affection 10000/10000 and I have Doc who gives a +5% to Biochem with 1091/10000. Who would be the one I should use to craft?

I'm sorry this is a bit of a necro but regarding this post; do we have exact numbers by how much?

Like I have T7 max affection 10000/10000 and I have Doc who gives a +5% to Biochem with 1091/10000. Who would be the one I should use to craft?

I read a post a while ago that said that at max affection companions (without additional bonuses) take ~86% of normal time on missions, so a 14% time reduction.

Can't remember which thread it was though.

I'm talking about the crit though; the post said that higher affection could mean higher crit chance. Doc has 5% bonus on its own with crappy affection; would that 5% beat out T& with his max affection? This is for biochem in particular btw.