Last boss of HM False Emperor impossible to kill without knockback

At 8% health, the last boss of HM False Emperor (not going to spoil it with his name, for anyone who still hasn't done it) needs to be dragged over to a ledge and hit off the ledge with not one, but two knockbacks, since he becomes invulnerable and soon after enrages. This is a fun mechanic, except for the fact that not all advanced classes have knockbacks, and I can very easily think of many group compositions that would be perfectly fine except for the inability to knock back twice. On this particular boss, such a party would be unable to complete the encounter except with some really clever thinking (ex. a bounty hunter using grapple hook while jumping off the cliff).

Please turn knocking the boss off the cliff into a scripted event, or add knockback to all the classes.

I'm not sure if this is also the case with Normal mode False Emperor, since I've never done it.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the case. However knockback does not seem to work on the final boss. My group tried it seven times and each time the knockback only worked the first time, then the boss became immune to it.

And he continually spammed lightning which according to the vids he's not meant to do. I think its bugged.

LotN

It is the case. However knockback does not seem to work on the final boss. My group tried it seven times and each time the knockback only worked the first time, then the boss became immune to it.

And he continually spammed lightning which according to the vids he's not meant to do. I think its bugged.

LotN

It's not bugged, you've got to hit him twice during the same channel.

LOL i could be way off here... but knockback is not how he was intended to be beaten... I think they will (and should) remove that option soon. I have not done that encounter yet but it sounds like some condition is not being met, perhaps he is reaching an immunity timer because the dps is too soft? Maybe it is like some raid bosses where he becomes immune for a long period of time where the group has to just buff up and heal through it until a later time where you can resume fighting him *shrug* something is being missed... he doesn't sound like he is "broken" just some clever mechanic at work here.

Normal mode you don't need knockbacks, hard mode you do, that's the mechanic.

At about 50k hp he starts channeling force lightning and he cannot be interrupted, losed, or stopped in any way and will wipe you if you don't react as follows: When he does that, he loses his boss immunity, and the first knockback will knock him down to the ground, the second one will send him flying, position yourself well so he falls in one of the pits and he dies.

Time the knockbacks right or he'll get up again and you'll have to repeat the process, losing precious time.

Edit

Above poster: he is meant to die, and the loot is from a chest (hard mode, that is). He gives columi chest (exchangable token at the vendor) a mount (not every time but looks like crap anyway) a crafting recipe, a crafting mat.

Edited by AzKnc

I have done both HM and NM mode of false emperor. What you need to know is have the tank kite him down to the bridge area around 15% hp and then position him but also position yourself for possible push back from the boss.

Once he is in that position and does his chain lighting, time two consecutive knockbacks and he will fall off and die.

He must die that way and you cannot kill him any other way. There is a chest at the end so it doesn't matter if the boss falls off.

But I agree, you need groups with a certain makeup to kill him. We have a bountry hunter DPS with two consecutive knockbacks so it was pretty easy.

I will post a video later of our positioning.

Normal mode you don't need knockbacks, hard mode you do, that's the mechanic.

well then he must have bugged for me the first time then because he became un-killable after 9% hp and we had to just wipe on him because he wouldn't take damage. this was on normal mode.

I did normal mode earlier and it did require knockbacks. The boss becomes immune.

Just bring a Mercenary/Commando with the Afterburners/Concussive Force talent. I knocked him off solo.

How many ACs get zero knockbacks?

For the poster who said that is not the mechanic and some condition is not being met, you clearly have not done the fight. The boss receives two buffs when he hits that point in the fight. The buffs clearly explain to you what to do. One of them says he is immune to all damage. The other says he is immune to knockbacks, but the second knockback during a channel will be successful. It's pretty obvious.

SPOILER WARNING

Here is a video of the last couple seconds of the fight on the hardmode (same thing on normal mode), showing you how to position Malgus and how to push him off with two consecutive knockbacks. You must do these knockbacks while he is channeling lighting (otherwise he is immune to the knockback).

Alternatively, if you have a powertech tank, they can run off the ledge and grab Malgus with him/her while he is channeling force lighting. That will work too :)

He does indeed seem to be impossible to kill without two real knockbacks. We were a group with Sorc, Marauder, Assassin tank, Operative healer.

Only the Assassins knockback seemed to work.

We had to give up, the rest of the fight was piss easy. That really sucked.

He does indeed seem to be impossible to kill without two real knockbacks. We were a group with Sorc, Marauder, Assassin tank, Operative healer.

Only the Assassins knockback seemed to work.

We had to give up, the rest of the fight was piss easy. That really sucked.

An assassin tank can Spike+Overload.

Ha I ran into another bug last night. My group did HM Last Emp..at 100k I pulled him to the edge with my back against a pillar to avoid being tossed off myself as I was the tank. For SOME reason, Malgus went to another player for a sec, thus moving JUST enough for me to taunt and get thrown over the edge. 3 Seconds after I died, the fight was overand The kill was completed, BUT once you die that way, you automatically get booted outside the instance. I was unable to reenter the instance and join in the loot. I was on TS at the time with the group, and they waited for me but , the damn place just wouldnt let me reenter.

I tanked the whole thing, every boss, up till the final seconds of the last one, died, and guess what he dropped.. The jugger tanking chest token. LOL I was so pissy. After running multiple hard modes(daily for 2-3 days) and never seeing ONE SINGLE PIECE OF TANKING GEAR, it finally dropped, and I wasnt allowed back in. GFG

The best strategy is to hope he bugs out and doesn't enter the "I R immortal and spam lighting at u" phase at all, which seems to happen sometimes. Then you can just kill him normally. And I'm not even kidding here :/