The Alchemy of Evil

Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light on this mission. I'm starting to think it's bugged. I've tried soloing it, I've tried it in groups, I've followed a walk-through on YouTube, where I copy everything that's done, but I can never get past the same part.

When you face the Corrupted Sithspawn Experiment, I can get it down to 50%, but never any lower. When it hits a canister, I can get it to lose a fair amount of health, but it always feeds off me and gets back to around 75%. That happens everytime.

From what I've seen online, and in my own gameplay, I can tell that you need to get it to keep hitting the canisters to weaken it, but the cannisters do not explode everytime. Eventually I run out of canisters, and need to reset the fight (not that I've ever got very far)

Can anyone give any tips on this one, or at least confirm if it is bugged. :rak_02:

Edited by hcafc

When it stuns you and starts casting "dread tentacles" you need to break the stun and interrupt it otherwise it regains health. And then make sure your stun breaker is up for the next time so hold off on killing the last dreadseed root until your breaker (and interrupt obviously but that's on a much shorter cd so not a problem) is available again.

When it stuns you and starts casting "dread tentacles" you need to break the stun and interrupt it otherwise it regains health. And then make sure your stun breaker is up for the next time so hold off on killing the last dreadseed root until your breaker (and interrupt obviously but that's on a much shorter cd so not a problem) is available again.

nyrkverse! It was your walkthrough I was watching on YouTube! Thanks a lot for that.

And thanks for this explanation, I can't believe I didn't think about breaking the stun. I was just stupidly letting it feed off me. I was so focused on getting it to burst the canisters, I didn't think that the trick was something that I needed to do. I feel slightly better in that everyone in my group was as clueless as me.

Thanks for the help!

i wanna addthat its really important to hit every single container so the boss gets stunned giving you not only more time to damage him, but to get your stun break of CD aswell.

even with delaying the tentacle kills, you will get to a point where he comes down while your stun break is still on CD, no mether if there are tentacles left.

you need good micro management to get both, yourself and your companion on one of the containers, so you can be sure it will be hit by the boss.

you dont need your companion at the container if the aggro is on you (look out for the rain), but the boss can swap it for no real reason, therefor you should make sure you both are on the container.

i wanna addthat its really important to hit every single container so the boss gets stunned giving you not only more time to damage him, but to get your stun break of CD aswell.

even with delaying the tentacle kills, you will get to a point where he comes down while your stun break is still on CD, no mether if there are tentacles left.

you need good micro management to get both, yourself and your companion on one of the containers, so you can be sure it will be hit by the boss.

you dont need your companion at the container if the aggro is on you (look out for the rain), but the boss can swap it for no real reason, therefor you should make sure you both are on the container.

It was fairly straightforward to Solo after all that, using Jolt did make all the difference. I completed it with an Assassin, and was still finding that the Sithspawn had the edge until I respecc'ed my skills to take Resolute - which cut down the cooldown on Jolt and Unbreakable Will. I think this would be very hard to solo without being able to shorten the cool downs.

It's a strange mission really, It would be much harder in a group of four unless you took a dedicated healer. Working with companions, it just takes much longer.

I'd like to find out if there is someway to take the Sithspawn's attention off your companion, and ensure it drops on you (and therefore the canister) - that would really cut down the time it took.