Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inflation

Amunra-amunray
06.11.2019 , 03:05 AM | #1
Rewards are great! The increase in materials when farming materials is also gr8! However, it has devalued credits and caused massive inflation. Can we throttle back a bit to steady the SWTOR economy... just a thought... maybe way to far out there....

"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

Gelehrterr
08.23.2019 , 03:54 AM | #2
Some Players do not have billions or even millions of credits so rewards should rather be better than worse.

UltraFlashStar
08.23.2019 , 06:08 AM | #3
As a trader Im inclined to agree.

As a raider Im inclined to disagree.

Having augments come in more easier has made it easier to gear characters for raids, etc. I really dont think its affecting the market that much because people are more likely to make their own now rather than buy it off the markets since its been made easier now.
Coppes Spacer
I got the skills, the talent, and the best starship there is.

ChoppedSuey
08.23.2019 , 11:51 AM | #4
Keep all rewards the same as they are now, keep all repair costs the same, all training costs the same etc etc. However, take a decimal point off currency of every character/account in game. So if you had 1,000,000,000 credits before, now you have 100,000,000. If you had 1,000,000 now you have 100,000. So on and so forth.

Everyone would have the same percentage of credits relative to everyone else and these ridiculous costs of gear and mats on the GTN would be forced to go down, because you couldn't buy a lightsaber for 150,000,000 credits. And even in the off chance you could, you probably wouldn't.

Inflation problem solved. Now all they have to do is be more proactive fixing exploits to keep from being in the same boat in 6 months.
chopped suey

SteveTheCynic
08.24.2019 , 09:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ChoppedSuey View Post
Keep all rewards the same as they are now, keep all repair costs the same, all training costs the same etc etc. However, take a decimal point off currency of every character/account in game. So if you had 1,000,000,000 credits before, now you have 100,000,000. If you had 1,000,000 now you have 100,000. So on and so forth.

Everyone would have the same percentage of credits relative to everyone else and these ridiculous costs of gear and mats on the GTN would be forced to go down, because you couldn't buy a lightsaber for 150,000,000 credits. And even in the off chance you could, you probably wouldn't.

Inflation problem solved. Now all they have to do is be more proactive fixing exploits to keep from being in the same boat in 6 months.
Are you serious? (Methinks not.) Take 9/10 of everyone's credits away without changing any prices for anything? Think about how that would look for a newish player who is measuring his credits against what he has to pay to merchants for speeders and all that. Imagine being on Ord Mantell, logging off for the night with 1500 of the 1650 or so credits that you need for one of those level 9 blue armour pieces, and the next day you only have 150...

Do you really want SWTOR to die with the reputation as the game that stole 90% of the credits (gold in more general terms) from all its players?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Toraak
08.24.2019 , 05:46 PM | #6
Honestly there really isn't much if any inflation in this game. Material costs on the GTN have been roughly the same since launch. The only things that have inflated prices are CM items, and even those have gone down in prices since most of them can be purchased directly from the CM, instead of from packs. The days of CM Mounts costing 200 Mil+ are long gone. Most CM items are between 20 mil, - 50 mil.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

ChoppedSuey
08.25.2019 , 06:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Are you serious? (Methinks not.) Take 9/10 of everyone's credits away without changing any prices for anything? Think about how that would look for a newish player who is measuring his credits against what he has to pay to merchants for speeders and all that. Imagine being on Ord Mantell, logging off for the night with 1500 of the 1650 or so credits that you need for one of those level 9 blue armour pieces, and the next day you only have 150...

Do you really want SWTOR to die with the reputation as the game that stole 90% of the credits (gold in more general terms) from all its players?
I think that's being over dramatic a bit. But yes, I'm serious. Everyone still has their slice of the pie, percentage wise compared to other players.

Regarding the newish player you are describing, do you think that when he sees a 50 mill price tag on the GTN, that that players level of intimidation has less effect than missing 1500 credits. Which is why I think this is a good idea. It will prevent new players from being overwhelmed by the cost of goods on the GTN.

With some rare exceptions there are very few expensive items outside the GTN.

This really isn't a bad idea, if it weren't for people not being able to see past their own selfish desires. Such as the amount of credits they have. Costs would crash down and new players would be able to afford a greater amount of items than they currently have the ability to do.
chopped suey

Toraak
08.25.2019 , 08:55 AM | #8
I think that's being over dramatic a bit. But yes, I'm serious. Everyone still has their slice of the pie, percentage wise compared to other players.

Regarding the newish player you are describing, do you think that when he sees a 50 mill price tag on the GTN, that that players level of intimidation has less effect than missing 1500 credits. Which is why I think this is a good idea. It will prevent new players from being overwhelmed by the cost of goods on the GTN.

With some rare exceptions there are very few expensive items outside the GTN.

This really isn't a bad idea, if it weren't for people not being able to see past their own selfish desires. Such as the amount of credits they have. Costs would crash down and new players would be able to afford a greater amount of items than they currently have the ability to do.
Removing credits from everyone in the game would be a horrible idea. Nothing in the game other then Rare CM items would cost 50 million. Everything any player new or old needs can be bought for a minimal cost. The only thing you would do by removing credits from every player is to tick off most of the playerbase. Not to mention making credits in this game is really easy to do, so if you really wanted that 1 special rare 50 million credit item it would take a bit of work, but it wouldn't be horrible.

Not to mention anyone that comes to an MMO this late has to understand somethings they might desire are going to take them some time to farm in order to get.

ChoppedSuey
08.25.2019 , 03:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Removing credits from everyone in the game would be a horrible idea. Nothing in the game other then Rare CM items would cost 50 million. Everything any player new or old needs can be bought for a minimal cost. The only thing you would do by removing credits from every player is to tick off most of the playerbase. Not to mention making credits in this game is really easy to do, so if you really wanted that 1 special rare 50 million credit item it would take a bit of work, but it wouldn't be horrible.

Not to mention anyone that comes to an MMO this late has to understand somethings they might desire are going to take them some time to farm in order to get.
Well it's not like I have any power to do anything about it...and this thread probably isn't the best place for this discussion if my intent were to rally the troops.

I will disagree with you to a point...and I am not surprised in the least that there is push back on this. Those credits that everyone has weren't earned...everything was inflated by a certain well known exploit where trillions of credits, if not more, were duped into the game's economy. The best answer would have been a rollback when it happened...we are well passed that point now. I really don't see a downside to what I proposed.

I haven't even brought up the point about the negative effect it would have on credit farmers.
chopped suey

Toraak
08.26.2019 , 09:46 AM | #10
Well it's not like I have any power to do anything about it...and this thread probably isn't the best place for this discussion if my intent were to rally the troops.

I will disagree with you to a point...and I am not surprised in the least that there is push back on this. Those credits that everyone has weren't earned...everything was inflated by a certain well known exploit where trillions of credits, if not more, were duped into the game's economy. The best answer would have been a rollback when it happened...we are well passed that point now. I really don't see a downside to what I proposed.

I haven't even brought up the point about the negative effect it would have on credit farmers.
I know I didn't do any exploits, and I worked my tail off to get the credits I've earned by crafting, and selling things on the GTN, so no I don't believe removing credits from the game like that is a good idea. I farmed all the mats by hand to craft, so I truly earned what I made on my sales.