Guard was not nerfed enough.

merovejec

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team with guards did more damage than yours, despite having a 50% dps penalty for guarding, your total healing is almost a million less than their healer by himself, and it would seem your sage dps got eliminated off the bat. I would say there are bigger things at work here

You simply faced a better team

The team with guards did more damage than yours, despite having a 50% dps penalty for guarding, your total healing is almost a million less than their healer by himself, and it would seem your sage dps got eliminated off the bat. I would say there are bigger things at work here

You simply faced a better team

this!

despite guarding that guy did roughly 75% of your dmg....

How would you which one is my damage? :) and that only shows how weak the nerf is. All u have to do is use one ability, it doesnt affect u at all, your dps rotation etc.

The main issue is the spike damage which is mitigated. We had the burst to kill the targeted player but this advantage was taken from us due to guard. Naturaly there are many other things to consider, but overall the nerf on dmg is not enough to habe people not use guard.

The problem is that using guard doesn't actually cut your damage in half. The way I understand it, it just gives -50%, but many abilities get bonus damage that pushes them up to 100, 200, 300% damage. So now when you guard that ability will still do 250%, etc. They need to fix it so that the resulting damage of all abilities is actually halved, rather than the flawed way it's calculating now.

We had the burst to kill the targeted player but this advantage was taken from us due to guard..

no you had not... you had a very bad sage and probarbly maras who dont know what obfuscate is

Edited by Opiklo

no you had not... you had a very bad sage and probarbly maras who dont know what obfuscate is

If you count it, they did 830k on protection. Part of it ofc is taunting. The increased healing is due to aoe heals and yes, probably a bit more cc on our healer. There are bits and bits to everything but overall a big part of the problem was guard. Without being guarded the healer woud have done less heals and the guardian would probably die.

This match also shows the imbalance between a team where 3 of the players could taunt and a team where no one could. Simple put its a good example of how taunt and mainly guard turns the tide of a match. In the end if the enemy was so good, why bother with guarding at all then, hmm?

Edited by merovejec

Yes, but that doesnt have to be my screenshot Sherlock.

Um, then why would you be posting it? With a followup question of "why would it matter that we're calling the losing team bad if it wasn't you losing?"

That match is way too lopsided to blame guard alone.

A million more heals? A sorc dps that was made totally irrelevant? How long did the match go on for? Did the maras camo? Did the sins stealth out?

Literally all that screenshot proves is that whoever was playing that particular sage dps sucks bad.

Edited by KendraP

If you count it, they did 830k on protection. Part of it ofc is taunting. The increased healing is due to aoe heals and yes, probably a bit more cc on our healer. There are bits and bits to everything but overall a big part of the problem was guard. Without being guarded the healer woud have done less heals and the guardian would probably die.

This match also shows the imbalance between a team where 3 of the players could taunt and a team where no one could. Simple put its a good example of how taunt and mainly guard turns the tide of a match. In the end if the enemy was so good, why bother with guarding at all then, hmm?

So your problem is with taunt not guard? Just because you used a few bots to win titles in previous seasons (by your own admission) Now you actually have to L2P it becomes an issue. The rest of us who played this game properly and won titles already know how to beat these mechanics. Maybe they should remove dcds as well, and movement, and attacking back, then you could pound your pve rotation to hell. Oh wait that mode already exists it's called pve.

So your problem is with taunt not guard? Just because you used a few bots to win titles in previous seasons (by your own admission) Now you actually have to L2P it becomes an issue. The rest of us who played this game properly and won titles already know how to beat these mechanics. Maybe they should remove dcds as well, and movement, and attacking back, then you could pound your pve rotation to hell. Oh wait that mode already exists it's called pve.

This thread is about nerfing guard, I dunno why you pull out stuff that doesnt belong here. I do not play for the titles, if I did I would be top 3 already, its not about that. I would like the game to be fair and enjoyable for all, thats why I mention this stuff. Taunt is more than enough but guard is too much, thats all.

This went downhill fast..

So the title of this thread is a viable opinion to bring up. But what's also true is that the screenshot isn't meaningful, it doesn't prove anything, it doesn't support the argument. Bashing Mero for his illegitimate title (that he still has for whatever reason) is generally a proper thing to do, but in his defense: it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

But what's also true is that the screenshot isn't meaningful, it doesn't prove anything, it doesn't support the argument.

As I said, there are many other things at place, but you cannot tell me that over 500k protection (cca rest was taunts) makes no difference if the other team has 0 protection. Is that really the 1v1 same situation?

in his defense: it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

Thank you :)

As I said, there are many other things at place, but you cannot tell me that over 500k protection (cca rest was taunts) makes no difference if the other team has 0 protection. Is that really the 1v1 same situation?

I mean I am saying that in this case. Your sorc dps was literally useless. Maybe it you hadn't had a dps totally eradicated in 3 seconds you could have killed something.

Bashing Mero for his illegitimate title (that he still has for whatever reason) is generally a proper thing to do, but in his defense: it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

Yeah but in my defense, I was responding to something he brought up: claiming he could easily get a top 3 title if he wanted to, which, as I rightly pointed out, is laughable if he played legit.

Also, one could easily make the case that he shouldn't be able to post on these forums, or even play the game at all, based on his past behavior. I see no reason why people should treat any of his posts seriously.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

you cannot tell me that over 500k protection (cca rest was taunts) makes no difference if the other team has 0 protection.

class-specific abilities are meant to make a difference. Some classes can stealth, some can phasewalk, some can taunt and guard. However I don't disagree with your point that the guard nerf might've not been enough, I was just trying to summarize where the other posters are coming from.

Yeah but in my defense, I was responding to something he brought up: claiming he could easily get a top 3 title if he wanted to, which, as I rightly pointed out, is laughable if he played legit.

Also, one could easily make the case that he shouldn't be able to post on these forums, or even play the game at all, based on his past behavior. I see no reason why people should treat any of his posts seriously.

fair points i guess

This went downhill fast..

So the title of this thread is a viable opinion to bring up. But what's also true is that the screenshot isn't meaningful, it doesn't prove anything, it doesn't support the argument. Bashing Mero for his illegitimate title (that he still has for whatever reason) is generally a proper thing to do, but in his defense: it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

In my defence he went from blaming guard to blaming a team full of taunts as I quoted. It's not just bashing mero for cheating his ways to titles it's a fair and valid point that the devs go by. Suggestions made on the PTS he is one of these players. So while most players live in the real world and have learned over the years how to dps in an arena the devs are basing the future of this game on his and his cronies opinions. They lack developed skill as they wintraded titles, because of this he can't decide whether it's guard or taunt that needs to be nerfed.

If you take taunts off dps then take heals off dps and dps off healers. It would make a terrible game and everyone can go outside and do something constructive. He's crying because he hasn't got a taunt on his main yet has one of the highest dps potential outputs (lightening sorc) with healing abilities and every escape under the sun. He sole arguement is take taunt and guard out the game because it's the only thing my char hasn't got and it must be the reason I can't win titles without using bots

Edited by Purgamentorum

This thread is about nerfing guard, I dunno why you pull out stuff that doesnt belong here. I do not play for the titles, if I did I would be top 3 already, its not about that. I would like the game to be fair and enjoyable for all, thats why I mention this stuff. Taunt is more than enough but guard is too much, thats all.

You'd be lucky to break bronze with your skill level :)

take taunt and guard out the game because it's the only thing my char hasn't got and it must be the reason I can't win titles without using bots

Now that is silly and way off subject. The other players had stealth for example and my character didnt have that, so why didnt I blame that?? Thats the same discussion people had long ago about sentinels not having a pushback where Guardian had Force Push. I dont want or need that so I really do not get what you are saying here.

I am fine with the classes as they are, they all have pros and cons. Like it was said sorcs have selfheal, pw etc, but they also have light armor and stuff. This is not about that. I did mention taunt, but its impact is not as big as guard, which is the main topic in this thread.

You'd be lucky to break bronze with your skill level :)

Thank you for your very very helpful contribution to this topic. Keep it up and i will get top3 just to prove you guys how primitive it is to do so.

Edited by merovejec

Now that is silly and way off subject. The other players had stealth for example and my character didnt have that, so why didnt I blame that?? Thats the same discussion people had long ago about sentinels not having a pushback where Guardian had Force Push. I dont want or need that so I really do not get what you are saying here.

I am fine with the classes as they are, they all have pros and cons. Like it was said sorcs have selfheal, pw etc, but they also have light armor and stuff. This is not about that. I did mention taunt, but its impact is not as big as guard, which is the main topic in this thread.

No stealth? You have the nest stealth button in the game. It's called phase walk. Instantly stealth out of scanner range undetectable, out of combat, a safe predesignated space. And to top it all the best defensive in god bubble.

You said Taunts and guard win matches. So if it isn't guard because they out dpsed you so you were either really terrible and the 50% damage would just ridicule you as a player if they were all guarding, it must be taunt. Or a team that used their defenses a lot better than you did. Force sprint is the best speed escape, phase walk is the best single movement escape ( compared to roll, propulsion round etc), god bubble is the best shield (you could make a sandwich in the time it lasts), force wave is the second best push, the self heals are the easiest and best, the dps is top tier. Face it your ego is writing cheques you can't cash. You aren't very good. The point still stands if you want to mash a pve rotation go play pve. (and win everytime against bots).