just how powerful is Malgus?

mitigated

I feel that Sidious did not show his full potential in Revenge of the Sith. He almost seemed to be toying with Yoda using the force to project the discs at him and played possum with Windu waiting for Anakin to show up but taking a large risk making himself unarmed but was necessary to turn Anakin to the darkside because if he killed Windu then Anakin would have made it his goal to destroy Sidious which is the only person capable of this as Lucas has stated Anakin is 200% of Sidious in power potential but with the Vader outfit and injuries he is hindered to 80% of the Emperor's strength. So he gains a loyal servant that can't overthrow him in the future but is dominant over other jedis. Sidious also has what many Sith lack which is patience on an enormous scale to go through with this whole operation to become the Emperor after many years of planning and execution. Everyone was just a piece on a chess board for Sidious to play with. Edited by Nissin

I think I just settled that I don't. It's hilarious that people are take GL's word for it when it's plain as day that other characters in the EU are blatantly more powerful than Sidious on virtually every level.

Sidous is easily the most powerful Sith vis a vis the force, even considering the EU.

He can summon force storms un-aided, unlike other sith who required relics to accomplish the same feat.

He can mind wipe some 8 million people in a single instance.

He hid the presence of the Sith from the entire jedi order, including Yoda. Then pre-cog enough of the future to insure his plans came to fruition, often laying the foundation for a plan decades prior to conclusion.

He could prevent his spirit from dissolving into the force long enough to transfer his essence into another host.

He could devour planets.

While many other sith could perform one of these feats, (often times aided by relics) Palps is afaik the only sith lord able to perform all these feats un-aided.

Back on topic, I see malgus as an armored vader level Sith lord in terms of fighting power; without the pre-cognition and deep understanding of saber forms (vader was known to have mastered 3 forms prior to adapting his personal style to his suit; and that style incorporated all 7 forms).

Edited by Ballindaroch

Lore wise he is weaker then Lord Scourge, Darth Angrel and Darth Bara's, who is weaker than the Jedi Knight and weaker than the Sith Warrior. The Sith Inquisitor is likely stronger than him too.

The Emperor is the all powerful, only second to Sidious, lore wise.

"Emperors Voices" - puppet bodies the Emperor uses.

The Sith Warrior is strong enough to beat Darth Bara's who is strong enough to beat one of the Emperors "Voices"

The Jedi Knight is strong enough to beat another one of the the Emperors "Voices".

Lord Scourge is more powerful than the entire Dark Council combined. Which probably means the Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight is too (though I would exclude Darth Nox).

So much wrong here... You're first statement lacks any evidence other than your opinion.

Secondly, Vitate is not "all powerful".

Thirdly, nothing has been shown to confirm that Baras is more powerful than the Emperor's voice. All Baras did is trick the Voice he I did not overpower him.

Finally, Scourge is not more powerful than the entire Dark Concil combined. That's a bunch of nonsense. All the codex claims is that even the most powerful council members avoid offending Scourge. Which doesn't even mean he is more powerful than them individually let lone collectively.

Anyway, Malgus is certainly one of he most powerful Sith of the time taking the combined prowess of the four greatest heroes or either side to take him down.

Sidous is easily the most powerful Sith vis a vis the force, even considering the EU.

He can summon force storms un-aided, unlike other sith who required relics to accomplish the same feat.

He hid the presence of the Sith from the entire jedi order, including Yoda. Then pre-cog enough of the future to insure his plans came to fruition, often laying the foundation for a plan decades prior to conclusion.

He could prevent his spirit from dissolving into the force long enough to transfer his essence into another host.

He could devour planets.

While many other sith could perform one of these feats, (often times aided by relics) Palps is afaik the only sith lord able to perform all these feats un-aided.

Back on topic, I see malgus as an armored vader level Sith lord in terms of fighting power; without the pre-cognition and deep understanding of saber forms (vader was known to have mastered 3 forms prior to adapting his personal style to his suit; and that style incorporated all 7 forms).

Lord Vitiate can consume entire planets worth of life and lives for at least 4000 years.

Your move.

I have been very intrigued by his character since playing the game, and have read as many articles as I can pull up on the net. I am by no means a lore junkie and have only read a few of the EU books, nothing on the Old Republic.

One of the articles I read on him stated something along the lines of him having become so powerful in his hatred that it was like he was the eye of calm in the center of hatred within the dark side... to me that's pretty damn wicked, and we have seen him handle a lot of Jedi like ragdolls, so for those who know more, how strong is he?

just an ordinary sith, nothing more

Lord Vitiate can consume entire planets worth of life and lives for at least 4000 years.

Your move.

he did that with help 100s of enslaved powerful sith lords which he only life drained "millions".

sidious mind slaved and life drained billions with his own power without anyone help just mere of his thought.

sidious is only sith in existence who can create and control force storms that can destroy entire star fleets and even planets.

he killed 50 sith killing elite trained stormtroopers with blast of lighting while keep it from harming his own men.

in lightsaber combat sidious can moves as speed beyond even the eye could see.

Sidious manage to block the entire jedi order from sensing him or any of his sith.

killed 3 powerful sith inquiestors these same inquiestors were powerful enough to bring darth maul back to life and he killed them with blast of lighting and turned them in to dust.

he corrupted an enitire planet turning it one of most powerful dark nexus in galaxy.

this thread answers everything:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2417392#post2417392

Edited by undeadsithdread

There isn't really a power meter for Star Wars. Nobody is really all-powerful at least lore-wise. Even Sidious and the current ToR Emperor Vitiate require soldiers and other functioning subordinates to carry out their will. Sidious has his Hands and Vitiate has his Dark Council. A while ago, there was Exal Kressh who was the ToR equivalent of Vader, but in the end she was just a tool for the Emperor to become even stronger and reach another level of immortality.

As to who is more powerful, Sidious or Vitiate, I would say they're about equal. There's not really any point in comparing them 1v1 in an all-out fight, although I strongly believe Vitiate wins in that department, since that doesn't do justice to strategy and is overall silly. Neither would freely choose to fight one another if given the choice. Sidious never fought that much, I count twice in the movies, and Vitiate was secretive for a very long time, even during his early years.

George Lucas can say what he wants about who is more powerful, but remember, he doesn't even keep track of Star Wars anymore, and just because he gave life to the films doesn't mean everything he says is the "correct" answer.

ps.

Yoda pwns both of them

He could devour planets.

Hmm, Then again, there is Emperor Vitiate seems incredibly powerful as well. And, Sideous seemed to struggle a bit too much in the movies. I guess you could call him the most powerful. :) 1 v 1 fights don't show all the power.

• 4 months later...
Hahahaha are you serious? Maul was trained by the strongest Sith Lord EVER, The jedi during the Prequal trilogy were the strongest jedi of any era according to Lucas. With Maul giving 2 of them a run for there money

Maul got sliced in half like a b***h. End of story.

And once again a Sith Lord power thread not even about either of them has turned into a size contest between Vitiate and Palpatine. Surprise, surprise. Didn't see THIS coming a mile down the freeway. :rolleyes::p

Anyhow, Malgus got a mountain dropped on him and survived. I say that makes him pretty damn powerful.

Malgus had an advantage fighting Satele because his master also used a saberstaff, and we all know the saberstaves are only good if they confuse the opponent - see how Darach killed Vindican.

Darach didn't kill Vindican, he wounded him severely. Malgus dealt the deathblow to Vindican, go rewatch the trailer(this time with a interesting remix by Extnct)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS51bLnXRrY&feature=channel&list=UL.

Darach didn't kill Vindican, he wounded him severely. Malgus dealt the deathblow to Vindican, go rewatch the trailer(this time with a interesting remix by Extnct)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS51bLnXRrY&feature=channel&list=UL.

Kao Cen Darach mortally wounded Vindican. His death was assured with that impalement. Malgus just did what comes naturally.

Kao Cen Darach mortally wounded Vindican. His death was assured with that impalement. Malgus just did what comes naturally.

I'm not really disagreeing with you here, but that is subjective. Given the available medical technology, the fact that Vindican was able to rise to his knees while telling Malgus he had not failed and that it was only the begining makes it possible he could have lived, without the deathblow from Malgus.

Like I said not really outright disagreeing with you, just saying it's possible either way and we don't and will never know without official confirmation, much like Lucas and Chee do when they pass down canon law from their lofty mountain and dare to mingle with us meager mortals.