Raid Lockouts Tied To Eachother?

I ran a HM EV pug last night and we kept bugging out on Soa so we decided to call it quits. If someone from that group forms a new group tonight and kills Soa, will I then be unable to kill him? Or can I form my own group and finish it?

I ran a HM EV pug last night and we kept bugging out on Soa so we decided to call it quits. If someone from that group forms a new group tonight and kills Soa, will I then be unable to kill him? Or can I form my own group and finish it?

It's my understanding that you can form your own group and go kill him, if you so choose. Everybody in the new raid would simply inherit your lockout. Conceivably, if you could find enough people willing to sacrifice chances at the earlier gear, you could have 8 different Soas killed based on your Ops group from last night.

This is the understanding I got from people on this forum a while back. Please note that I have not tested it myself.

the only time your lockouts are impacted is when you, personally, take part in a kill. so if someone else kills Soa in another group that was in your ops, only he will be locked out form fighting Soa again

Ok great, thank you. My guild is through HM Denova and don't need anything from EV so I'm hoping they're willing to sacrifice :p

Soa's a quick 10 minute fight if you 1 shot him, including time for people to walk to him. just remind em that there's a mount drop for funsies