critical chance vs shield chance

RaithHarth

What does Bioware have planned for tanks that still use survival gear? it has become clear to most of us already that shield chance and absorption is useless in pvp but what actions will be taken into consideration once the expansion comes out? will we be gaining some new abilities to counter critical damage, perhaps having a chance to push off the damage and direct it back to the user such as Force Deflection and Force Absorb used by melee Shadow/Assassin tanks while Guardian/Juggernaut tanks get an ability used to absorb and redirect damage back to there attacker with there lightsabers as being used by Mace Windu against Palpatine @
, it would be nice to have counter abilities such as these especially when critical chance always out ranks shield chance in pvp.

Are you trying to say that 1vs1 a tank should always beat a DPS? I am trying to understand what drives your motives.

No I'm saying tanks should have a chance to counter critical chance damage, so it should be a 50/50 for both shield and critical based users to counter and bounce back damage or inflict damage, I think if bioware added these counter abilities they would make a nice addition and give some purpose back to tanks that actually want to tank.

Edited by RaithHarth

I figured if bioware added these counter abilities it would come in handy for full geared tanks in survival gear that have to go up against critical OP abilities such as Smash, Force Sweep, Maul, Assassinate, Force Scream, Heatseeker Missiles etc only to name a few, since we get hit rather hard ourselves and take just as much punishment as any other class does.

Mace was using VaaPad, which is a form of Juyo, in that clip...

While I'll agree that Shield/Absorb needs to be useful in PvP, having a "crit cancel" is not viable because you need burst in objective based PvP.

Also Obi Wan used the lightning block with his lightsaber against Dooku in Attack of the Clones, the crit cancel should be a 50/50 chance in-between blocking and pushing off damage back to the user, or critical breaking through entirely, it would give both tanks and DPS players an advantage, not just DPS players as it is now.