Immortal Viable in PvP

Namo-Wamo

Hi all!

I got granted access on the 13th but forgot to pre-load unfortunately.

While I wait, I was curious as to whether a Immortal/Rage spec will work in PvP (both endgame and otherwise). I believe BW said at one point they would be following the Mythic model, which got me excited. However, I'm curious to see how they executed this. Any insight?

(Side note: I will be playing on Ajunta Pal if anyone's recruiting)

It depends on what you're looking to get out of playing Immortal spec.

You have numerous ways to strategically reduce burst damage, both on a single target, and in aoe zerg fests on your team mates.

You have a plethora of stuns, though with Resolve, it's more about spreading them around than using them all on one person, so make sure you toggle the Resolve bar on under Preferences.

You have Rage-free spammable aoe snare.

You have Force Charge, giving you great mobility, and making you the de-facto scoring machine in Huttball when combined with the plethora of defensive cooldowns and smart use of baiting people to follow you down into the pit.

You will never top the damage charts unless everyone goes afk though. The only time I ever hit 200k damage as Immortal spec was in a premade consisting of me and two healers. That is an anomaly and you will be happy if you break 100k-120k.

You can reduce incoming damage on a player by 50%.

You should be able to get 9 medals in every warzone due to how easy it is to acquire through dealing damage, gaining kills, gaining protection, etc.

Whether you mind playing a support role or need to be the pewpewpew dps hero will play a lot into whether you enjoy Immortal pvp.

As far as your comment about the Mythic model, there are obvious similarities due to Guard.

Edit: I am speaking from a level 50 perspective. It takes a while to gain all the tools I am alluding to in my bullet points, so don't expect to do all that at level 10. :p

Edited by revial