Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Immortal with enough DPS

The_Old_One
12.15.2011 , 02:37 AM | #1
Is it possible to make an Immortal with a good level of DPS? Any suggestions and comments are most welcome.

Thanks

Saggins
12.15.2011 , 03:01 AM | #2
Not so much, no.
Saggins | Human | Bounty Hunter | Powertech | Shield Tech
Operation Focus - Silent Saga - PVP Server

Quor
12.15.2011 , 03:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Old_One View Post
Is it possible to make an Immortal with a good level of DPS? Any suggestions and comments are most welcome.

Thanks
Try this if you're looking for a tanky-dps style of pvp build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101crhczZhGr0rhdd0M.1

But if you want to be deep Immortal and do damage then that's not going to happen. Deep Immortal lacks the damage support of deep Vengy and Rage.
Will interrogate for food.

WeAreCosmonaut
12.15.2011 , 03:39 AM | #4
I mean, dependent on what you're planning to do, you might as well just pick Immortal or one of the other two. If you're looking to level fast and end-game tank, then just spec Rage/Veng [more likely Veng I think?], then respec. Or if you wanna just level anyways as Immortal, you'll still do not terrible damage, you'll just be taking less of it.
Name: Fear | Server: Rakata Mind Prison | Guild: Fiction [Now recruiting! We're an awesome bunch of people!]

Lyon
12.15.2011 , 06:41 AM | #5
Immortal spec still deals damage well, difference is the rate of it. They say every class has viable DPS, which they do, but it all depends how you want to fight. Obviously a Marauder is going to pump out damage faster, we hit slower, but our hits are not weak by any means. I did only get to level 28 though in the previous beta weekend, but that was my experience with it.

Ayelsee
12.15.2011 , 10:40 AM | #6
At early levels, Immortal DPS is decent. Frankly, at those levels, it shouldn't matter unless an encounter requires a situation where you need to maximize dps. Since I am not familiar with flashpoints after Mandalorian Raiders, I cannot say for certain but I don't see that situation as being likely.

zoeinlimbo
12.16.2011 , 04:53 AM | #7
I am immortal spec and mainly PVE... I am leveling nice and quickly, obviously not as quickly as having aoe, or lots of dps, but nothing to complain about (I have leveled 2 other classes to compare it to). Level 21 in about 24 hours.

The trick is to apply sundering armor, and use tactics to keep your rage up for more damaging effects, for example... using force scream right after charge because it costs zero rage if immortal spec.

Lakutus
12.16.2011 , 05:23 AM | #8
lvl with a friend and u will hit lvl 25 under 27h easy mode !!