A good place to find another Saber?

Domone

So ran into a little problem I poorly planned ahead about.

I originally was going light with my Jedi however decided to fall a bit regardless i lost my Light 1 faction allowing me to wield my current saber.

Now I am level 22 and need another saber that I can use because I am pretty SoL when it comes to galactic market there are none on sale and no quests seem to reward sabers much...

any suggestions

The best saber I ever found, in beta, you get from the Athiss flashpoint. It's the one that feels like an Indiana Jones movie as you explore an ancient Sith temple.

The first boss you fight is a huge dinosaur thing, I killed it twice with my guild and both times it dropped the same lightsaber. It has an orange stone (which may or may not be your cup of tea, I prefer blue) but overall it looks exactly like the lightsaber on the left side in this pic:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111114092951/starwars/images/thumb/4/4b/JediKnightLightsabers.jpg/830px-JediKnightLightsabers.jpg

The little spikes in particular look pretty sharp. By level 22 that flashpoint shouldn't be hard at all for you.

The light/dark restriction on the original saber (and probably others) comes from the crystal. Just put in a yellow crystal into the original saber and you'll be able to use it again.

To elaborate: green/blue are reserved for light side, red for dark side.

Edited by Grimmas

The best saber I ever found, in beta, you get from the Athiss flashpoint. It's the one that feels like an Indiana Jones movie as you explore an ancient Sith temple.

The first boss you fight is a huge dinosaur thing, I killed it twice with my guild and both times it dropped the same lightsaber. It has an orange stone (which may or may not be your cup of tea, I prefer blue) but overall it looks exactly like the lightsaber on the left side in this pic:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111114092951/starwars/images/thumb/4/4b/JediKnightLightsabers.jpg/830px-JediKnightLightsabers.jpg

The little spikes in particular look pretty sharp. By level 22 that flashpoint shouldn't be hard at all for you.

Just for future reference, the lightsaber in question is the Lightsaber of the Mind's Eye. It is a pretty nice saber for the level.

changing crystals doesnt work on certain sabers. The saber i had was from coruscant commendations if you check the saber ITSELF is light or dark there are different kinds I bought the light one. I tried stripping crystals from it didn't work still light =/

Just for future reference, the lightsaber in question is the Lightsaber of the Mind's Eye. It is a pretty nice saber for the level.

Yeah that's it! I should have been able to remember the name, "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" was one of the first Star Wars novels I ever read.

I'm definitely going to try to talk my guild into helping me get that saber again this time around.

Direct link to a screenshot of the lightsaber:

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/screenshots/3333.jpg

Edited by Atamasama

There is a level ~24ish PvP saber you can buy off the PvP weapons vendor on the Fleet. He is next to the console (or one of the consoles if there are multiple) that you get the PvP daily from. Check it out so you know how many marks you need before you start PvPing though.

Also you can just upgrade your original lightsaber. There is a power level 40hilt on Coruscant that you can get for Commendations. This isn't great for your level but I'm sure the next area has a Commendation modification vendor too with a higher power level hilt.

In case you didn't know the power level of a hilt dictates the amount of damage that saber does.