Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.6 PTS Commando changes

cs_zoltan
01.10.2014 , 01:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by WooduckAUS View Post
I have to disagree. TP changes will be HUGE. Hammer shot to your own FACE will be good as well.

These aren't game changing but it has essentially made TP a useful part of your rotation. Up until now, TP was useful at the start but after that you would only reapply when everyone was full and you had some downtime on boss damage. Otherwise is was just to expensive to throw into the middle of heavy healing phases.
If you didn't keep up TP on the MT all the time you did it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, this TP change is not bad on it's own but it was unnecessary, especially since we have more pressing issues. Like ammo management and interrputs in PVP.

akabane_k
01.10.2014 , 02:07 PM | #12
its gonna get silly in 16man. "hold on guys, need to cast 16 trauma probes before we pull, should be done in a min or so"

venomlash
01.10.2014 , 02:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
its gonna get silly in 16man. "hold on guys, need to cast 16 trauma probes before we pull, should be done in a min or so"
On the plus side, the Sages in the group can use that downtime to bubble everyone.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

midianlord
01.10.2014 , 02:25 PM | #14
/Sigh...

Where is our analogue to Polarity Shift/Mental Alacrity?

cs_zoltan
01.10.2014 , 02:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
/Sigh...

Where is our analogue to Polarity Shift/Mental Alacrity?
It's right next to the Sage's Recharge Powercell and Tech Override

BobaFaceroll
01.10.2014 , 04:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
TP ticks for 1,5% more but lost 4 charges, that STRICTLY from tankhealing pov is worse
Two casts on the tank used to cost 32 ammo and gave you 26 total charges. Three casts on the tank will now cost you 30 ammo and net you 27 total charges. If all you do is continue to put it on the tank it's still a net gain for tank healing.

Downside: One extra GCD to get to that better place. I can live with that for the slightly increased healing, plus the ability to put it on someone else if I so choose.

LeHovah
01.10.2014 , 05:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by PhatMcMuffins View Post
Bodyguard will still suffer from interrupt lock in PvP. I like the changes but it didn't address the two major problems with mando/merc in general: interrupts and heat.
I concur.

kistos
01.11.2014 , 04:14 AM | #18
What abut the commando players that they want to play arena and they don't want to play healers but dps....? where is the survivability? The boost at healing was good, by still the players that wonna play dps commandos they cant stand in arenas and mostly in pvp groups. So BW you have a 30% thanks for me. FAIL

stockwizzle
01.11.2014 , 08:02 PM | #19
if you want things to get better for the mando/merc you need to start sending the responses to this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...713094&page=10
SUPANOOBA COMMANDO - POT5
*******EXODUS************************************* *******

SpaniardInfinity
01.12.2014 , 10:50 AM | #20
Man, this is actually shaping up to be a pretty good update for Combat Medic.

Trauma Probe got a few nice buffs and one painless nerf: There are now fewer charges (9 when fully spec'd instead of 13), but that is more than made up for the fact that the cost is now 10 (instead of 16) and it heals for a bit more. The biggest change, however, is that as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a player limit. Which means, yes, you can put it on all 16 players in your raid. It also means that Combat Medics will have a comparable, if not better HoT, than Scoundrels with essentially the same duration, cost, and about the same output.

As for the skill tree, I like what they did with it. Frontline Medic still requires Trauma Probe, but its off to the side now so you can skip it and just take Probe Medic if you want. While you'll probably still skip over Frontline Medic if you're in PVE, in PVP I think its becoming more valuable. Since its rate limit can now be improved with Probe Medic, you can get it so your Trauma Probe heals you twice every 2 seconds assuming you take damage and use Hammer Shot at the same instant. It's good for about 2.2k heal no crit, which is pretty respectable considering the cost is only 10. The danger is that Frontline Medic will drain your Trauma Probe faster (twice as fast to be exact), but it may be worth it for that extra healing while repositioning.

Last but not least is the change to Hammershot, which is mostly QoL. It won't change much in the way of output, but it may help out with keeping a low profile considering the neon beam doesn't show up. I haven't checked the new animation on the Mercenary, but it doesn't seem that any of our gun-touting healers will be shooting themselves in the foot with healing bullets any time soon.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>