Facing the Machines of War - how to get rid of it

I picked up the Operation Quest 'Facing the Machine's of War' by mistake ( I was running round doing dailies for the weekly conquest points & managed to get this quest, other wise I don't bother with Iokath).

Given that I'm probably listed in the "weird people you meet in flashpoints thread," serious group stuff, (especially ops), is not for me in this game. How do I get rid of this quest from my log? I thought Ops were optional (I picked up the Oricon one by mistake and was able to abandon that one).

Help appreciated (abuse not so much).

• 2 weeks later...

Given that I'm probably listed in the "weird people you meet in flashpoints thread," serious group stuff, (especially ops), is not for me in this game. ).

I'm probably a weird person too... but I got this (and all other SM Ops) done. And don't worry about being mentioned in that topic. On SM it has almost no mechanics. The only thing you need to do is to break from DPSing the boss to kill adds from time to time. And even if you don't do that you won't be mentioned in the topic because at least half of the groups I was doing it with were mostly tunnel-visioning the boss until either the boss or the group died :)

So, do the ops... or wait for BW to fix the bug.

Apparently it could be abandoned at one point, if there's a 5.3 bugfix that allows it to be re-acquired. Yet at the moment, it seems fully railroaded (and even if it's abandon-able, the story still, presumably, forces you to take the setup, which it shouldn't do in the first place).

• 2 months later...
Anyone file bug reports or contact CS? I assume this was action BW took in response to angry people wanting the mission, but abandoned it with every other Iokath mission so they could change factions. They ended up putting this mission on the daily terminal so it could be reacquired - I don't see why they felt the need to stop people abandoning it if they so choose...

• 4 months later...

Some moron thinks it is a mandatory OPS to be allowed to progress and is too dumb to go toa termnal and pick it up....after all the termianals re SOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to find LOL.

No we should be allowed to abandon any and all mission at any time........anything less makes no sense at all

• 5 months later...

Response to my customer service ticket:

"As mentioned in my in-game message, I understand your surprise when you figure it out that any of your characters was allowed to abandon the operation “Facing the machines of war”.

I verified what’s happening and according to my verification, there is no issue. The only way to remove this operation from your mission logs is to complete it.

As Customer Service can’t directly make change on the game mechanics (only developers can do that), I invite you to raise your feedback to the developers.

The best way to do that and ask for a change from the developers (add the option to abandon this operation) is to post on the SW:TOR forum in the “Suggestion box” section and make it as a trending topic (I am pretty sure that you’re not the only one who wants a change on that). Here is the link where you can post this idea: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

I hope that developers will bring a change in a future update and again thank you for your help."

Response to my customer service ticket:

"As mentioned in my in-game message, I understand your surprise when you figure it out that any of your characters was allowed to abandon the operation “Facing the machines of war”.

I verified what’s happening and according to my verification, there is no issue. The only way to remove this operation from your mission logs is to complete it.

As Customer Service can’t directly make change on the game mechanics (only developers can do that), I invite you to raise your feedback to the developers.

The best way to do that and ask for a change from the developers (add the option to abandon this operation) is to post on the SW:TOR forum in the “Suggestion box” section and make it as a trending topic (I am pretty sure that you’re not the only one who wants a change on that). Here is the link where you can post this idea: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

I hope that developers will bring a change in a future update and again thank you for your help."

Pardon my snort but do the devs even read the forums anymore? Seems to me that they don't but maybe that's just me ranting a bit as I also want to get this operation off my mission log. I can't stand the fact that it takes up one of the slots and we should be able to abandon it if we, for one reason or another, can't complete it.