The reasons this game is doing so well and better than expected.

Klarick

You honestly seem silly arguing your opinion against facts.

Facts, like the one you stated that SWTOR is one of the fastest selling MMO's. Who said that Bioware? You should start reading some of the other things they are saying. Bottom line all I hear them saying is Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype. So to me its all hype, with a cherry on top.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People love me, I have been playing this genre for long enough to know it doesn't feel right. I also play single player games with online functions such as Dark Souls, SWTOR feels very similiar to that experience.

Then why do you have such a hard time finding a group?

HMMM?

You haven't played LOTRO, have you? Want to talk about grind, try having to kill several hundred mobs, that are invisible with a small aggro range, and are limited to a small area and there aren't that many in the first place. And you need to kill them because that is how you increase your traits, which makes your character or skills better. Or having to kill several hundred elite mobs that if you can solo them at appropriate level takes a couple of minutes to beat, otherwise find a group to kill them , or come back later when you out level them.

Lets not talk about WoWs faction grinding.

IMO TOR has zero required grinding. Don't have to do the bonus missions to kill X number of something. I don't consider doing quests as a grind. Grinding to me is either what I described above with LOTRO or WoW, or having to kill hundreds of mobs till you level up with no quest so you can get to the next area or set of quests.

Ya F that.

I played Aion at launch, now thats a grind.

And I dont even know if GW2 will be good. Fact is they are bringing something innovative to mmo's.

Removal of the holy trinity and choices that actually affect the server and realm vs realm pvp. Those are things that have never really been done to a high degree or at all.

And that right there seperates it from the original GW from what I hear.

So it could be fun.

Tera I played the korean version I didn't like it to much but the gameplay was very smooth and the pvp fun. other then that I couldn't really say because well.... i cant speak korean nor read it so other then looks and gameplay feel i cant really give an opinion. And the NA version from bluehole is going to be alot different anyways so it will be a new walk thru to see how it plays.

But all I have to say is for a company like bioware to not have graphical superiority and so many engine flaws is just heartbreaking to me from a company that showed so much promise in the industry with their single player games.

The main things swtor is selling on is the fact that its starwars, voice acting for questing, and biowares name from its success with SP games.

As an MMO its so so. Nothing ground breaking. And they have shown so far that they are having a very hard time with the engine and customer service those are big things in a mmo and they are not doing well in those areas.

Edited by Barracudastr

Because of sharding, low caps for servers, terrible ui.

Basically, poor development.

The amount of infractions and warnings you are boasting about in your signature earns you an automatic /ignore.

Mine, and many other servers have a healthy population just to throw that out there.

I haven't had a problem once finding a group.

Maybe it's your attitudes?

The amount of infractions and warnings you are boasting about in your signature earns you an automatic /ignore.

Mine, and many other servers have a healthy population just to throw that out there.

I haven't had a problem once finding a group.

Maybe it's your attitudes?

Welcome to heavy-handed mods.

Are you saying sharding, low-cap servers, and a poor UI aren't in the game?

Go ahead and try.

Reason why this game is doing well because bioware milking it's name and star wars name.

I wanted to love this game but I can't.

I feel cheated when they copy and paste classes from wow.

I feel cheated that content that was in the game for my class was taken out before launch.

I wanted to love this game, however, It left a nasty taste in my mouth.

By now we all know about the numerous Game of the Year awards already won by SWTOR, and we have either read reviews, or heard on TV (like G4TV), just how awesome this game is. We also know that SWTOR has broken the record for pre-order sales and has set a bar that is darn near unreachable by most developers. We get it. The game rocks. But why? What did Bioware accomplish that has this game skyrocketing so quickly?

- Story Driven MMO. People are simply tired of WoW and its many clones (Rift...etc).

- Character Development. You begin your development at level 1 not at the end cap level.

- In SWTOR "The Real Game" starts at level 1. Most MMO's the real game doesnt start until end-cap.

- Immersive game play and environments.

- SWTOR killed "the Grind" that plagues so many MMO's.

- Fluid Combat with clashing Lightsabers!

- In SWTOR the leveling process is FUN and not a chore.

- Voice-Acted questing. Incredibly well done.

- Smooth Launch! Fairly unusual in this business but BW pulled it off.

- If its this good at launch, imagine SWTOR in a year! AMAZING!

You must be living in a delusion.

Welcome to heavy-handed mods.

Are you saying sharding, low-cap servers, and a poor UI aren't in the game?

Go ahead and try.

I haven't seen anything heavily instanced since launch, I have encountered plenty of people, and my only complaint about the UI is the limited number of hotbars.

Thanks for your opinions, though!

Most of what the OP says is false, the rest can be debunked by looking at the various threads with proof to the contrary.

Let me guess you get all your "facts" from wikipedia too. The forums in no way shape or form actually represent the majority of opinion in this game. The forums are where the squeakiest of wheels come to squeak. The average player, the majority of players are happily playing the game. If you believe otherwise you are but a fool not worthy of listening to.

Have fun ;)!

I haven't seen anything heavily instanced since launch, I have encountered plenty of people, and my only complaint about the UI is the limited number of hotbars.

Thanks for your opinions, though!

None of that disproves my point, they're all still in the game, and it's VERY obvious.

And, honestly, kudos for liking the UI, most people don't. I wish I did, but it's just too awful.

Let me guess you get all your "facts" from wikipedia too. The forums in no way shape or form actually represent the majority of opinion in this game. The forums are where the squeakiest of wheels come to squeak. The average player, the majority of players are happily playing the game. If you believe otherwise you are but a fool not worthy of listening to.

Have fun ;)!

If you really think that then you must agree that those that don't like the game has quit it already? How can you put a number to them?

Have fun ;)!

Let me guess you get all your "facts" from fanboy praise threads too. The forums in no way shape or form actually represent the majority of opinion in this game. The forums are where the squeakiest of wheels come to squeak. The majority of players that hate the game just quit and never come here. If you believe otherwise you are but a fool not worthy of listening to.

First, having record sales does not mean it will retain record subscriptions. Only the next 4-6 months will tell us that.

I like SWTOR. I do. But would I be playing it if it wasn't Star Wars? Nope. I would not have even Beta Tested it or bought it. I'm being honest here. While I like the game and enjoy it, it's nothing new. It is exactly what they said: a traditional MMO with a storytelling/VO addition.

I already own enough traditional MMOs that I have character time invested in, that I would not have given this one even a cursory glance if not for the Star Wars name, just as I didn't give Rift a glance in February 2011. Maybe I would have tried it down the line on a free trial like I did Rift, but if it wasn't Star Wars, I doubt I would have given it more time than that. Just as I didn't Rift.

So, I like SWTOR because it is Star Wars. No, it isn't different enough from the other traditional MMOs that I own to be anything special, and I want it to succeed because it is the only Star Wars MMO available.

Those are my feelings as someone that enjoys the game, and why.

Edited by Jumajin

lol holy...

First time checking out the forums since lanch.

I guess you'll have to place me on the pro-tor side because I've been too busy playing and not forum fighting.

This forum has better PvP than TOR, brah.