Stun after Stun

jediharrsion

For a long time now stuns have been a major problem. but instead of nerfing the stuns or getting rid of them Why not make EVERY Stun Break on damage once done the stunned player can not be stuned again for acouple of seconds. This would solve the issue of chain stunning when it comes to pvp

You can only get hardstunned twice in a row anyways..

Hate to break it to you, but the problem is yourself. Not the game.

more like three (albeit not stuns): I can harpoon (30m pull), neural surge (2.5s), cryo grenade (4s). harpoon isn't a stun, but it does build resolve, which is why I count it.

I'm pretty sure a sin/shadow can get 3 in as well: spike (knockdown), electrocute (4s), low slash (2s?). I know I used to be able to do that on deception for sure (1.4), but I don't think I've played him 5 times post 2.0. lol

Edited by foxmob

more like three (albeit not stuns): I can harpoon (30m pull), neural surge (2.5s), cryo grenade (4s). harpoon isn't a stun, but it does build resolve, which is why I count it.

I'm pretty sure a sin/shadow can get 3 in as well: spike (knockdown), electrocute (4s), low slash (2s?). I know I used to be able to do that on deception for sure (1.4), but I don't think I've played him 5 times post 2.0. lol

If you count everything that fills resolve as a hardstun you might aswell shoot yourself in the head ><

Your character is fully functional while airborne btw. You can act, hell you can even prepare a grenade for your puller so he won't stun you after the pull. (Since you can throw it before even landing)

What I hate the most is when I die and then I end up in the spawn area behind the shield and I sit there as the bar goes down...

Then need to change the system and make it like in WoW with diminishing returns...

What I hate the most is when I die and then I end up in the spawn area behind the shield and I sit there as the bar goes down...

Then need to change the system and make it like in WoW with diminishing returns...

If there is no restriction on leaving the spawn zone maps like voidstar become imposseble.

Would you like regs to be what ranked 8v8 were?

If there is no restriction on leaving the spawn zone maps like voidstar become imposseble.

Would you like regs to be what ranked 8v8 were?

Obviously not but what they need to do is also fix the damn maps. Even in regs i see a TON of fights before the first door (and just the first door).

They need to fix the map and also fix the system as its really annoying.

If you count everything that fills resolve as a hardstun you might aswell shoot yourself in the head ><

Your character is fully functional while airborne btw. You can act, hell you can even prepare a grenade for your puller so he won't stun you after the pull. (Since you can throw it before even landing)

stuns, mezzes, push/pulls. not sure why you wouldn't include mezzes with stuns. they're actually more debilitating because they last longer...especially in WZs with node capping. as for being able to execute abils while being pulled, that very rarely happens. bear in mind there's usually a neural surge/carbonize/spike that's also pre-pressed by the time you land.

anyway...if I had things my way, I'd agree with the OP and make everything a mezz. you get the most important benefits of stuns, which is the interrupt, and mezzing one person allows you to focus on his buddy w/o having to deal with pocket heals/tanks. so I do think only mezzes (no stuns) could work in SWTOR. keep the channeled stuns like force choke, though, cuz they also lockup the guy doing the channel. so it's a sacrifice on his part to use it too.

I call everything that renders me unable to do anything a "stun", I just don't care how you call it.

To me, the use of so many different words is just a way of concealing how many possibilities to render someone unable to do anything are actually there - and thus to avoid any nerf (of them).

Freaking stun grenade could use a tweak. Insta AOE stun with a fairly long duration, how did that slip through testing?

- We had to nerf the sorc KB into a cone because it was affecting unintended players........but we're going to keep the AOE stun.

Does not compute.

Edited by MidichIorian

I call everything that renders me unable to do anything a "stun", I just don't care how you call it.

To me, the use of so many different words is just a way of concealing how many possibilities to render someone unable to do anything are actually there - and thus to avoid any nerf (of them).

It's confusing to players who actually know what they are doing. I'm telling anyone I play with I don't want to hear them calling out a stun on a mez/lift/flash and the like because I might break it if they call it a stun.

(Even though that won't quickly happen since the visuals are still there, but it CAN happen)

Which would be entirely stupid.

why? I'm not trying to be a dick. I've offered my rationale: it can still be used to interrupt if you want to dmg the target, but more importantly, it fulfills the function of isolating the person you want to burn down. e.g., my team wants to burn down mr. dps sorc, but mr. tank jugg just throws his guard on him and mr. op healer can easily keep him alive through all that mitigation. oh. here's a plan, let's flashbang the tank & healer, pull the sorc away and wreck him in 2-3 gcds. I think it would work just fine in arenas. in WZs, where node capping is most important, mezz > stun anyway. honestly, the only thing I can think of that would get borked hard would be fire pulls, which aren't even dmg from another player. maybe tweak that a little? it's not a game changer imo either way. what am I not seeing that makes it stupid?

Edited by foxmob

Honestly if you don't see how this would negatively impact the game then I think I'll be wasting my time to explain it to you.

Nerfing the crap out of stuns would make ranged stupidly OP. And would benefit the entire game in a negative way.

I'd make full resolve reset the CD of the stun break. Or make full resolve break any stun automatically. As it is, if you have one point below full resolve and take an 8 second mez, you eat the whole *********** thing while your resolve bar is full.

People throw CC around like candy in most warzones, without any though to it other than 'push button, derp!'

I'd make full resolve reset the CD of the stun break. Or make full resolve break any stun automatically. As it is, if you have one point below full resolve and take an 8 second mez, you eat the whole *********** thing while your resolve bar is full.

People throw CC around like candy in most warzones, without any though to it other than 'push button, derp!'

True, but did you not notice it takes like 3 times as long for your full resolve to deplete when you get that happen to you?

If you get mezzed at 999 resolve, you do indeed get counted out for 8 seconds. However you will be untouchable for the next 30 or 40 or so.

While if you get mezzed at 500 resolve, it will be full aswell. But after the mez is over you will very quickly start seeing your resolve deplete. Open for more within the next 15-20 seconds.

Edited by Evolixe

anyway...if I had things my way, I'd agree with the OP and make everything a mezz. you get the most important benefits of stuns, which is the interrupt, and mezzing one person allows you to focus on his buddy w/o having to deal with pocket heals/tanks

You would have to almost completely rebuild entire talent trees and class if you made that change... Class balance is already a joke and no they are apparently not willing to address at this point, they sure the hell are not going to make this change and then revamp the needed builds as well.

There is no problem with stuns anyway. People just need to play around them better.

And yeah, if you're 2v1 you might get annihilated in a double stun. And you should be. Because they are with 2.

Edited by Evolixe

The problem is the fundamental gameplay of the incapacitating effects.

There is WAY too much loss of control of your own character in this game.

Let's be honest here, this isn't the first game to ever come out with both melee and ranged PvP combat, so to say that the game NEEDS all these incapacitating effects for "balance" is absurd, Evo.

If you were to estimate how much time you spend in a Warzone stunned, rooted, slowed, pushed, stuck, stopped, and rooted, it'd amount to way more than 50% of the time you're in combat. All that stuff I listed is really annoying when it happens. So why did they make the most annoying part of combat the centerpiece of gameplay, instead of using just it for what you mentioned: balance. They could have made the stuns a smaller portion of the combat so that we didn't spend half our time in combat unable to move. As it is, it's more annoying and frustrating than fun.

Resolve needs to be trashed. It's a ridiculously and a needlessly convoluted system. You yourself, Evo, needed to write an entire paragraph just to explain one aspect of its timing.

I'm with the OP, each incapacitating effect should grant immunity for 3 seconds to any other incapacitating effect. That way I can actually play my character and, you know, fight, instead of just keep sighing with frustration.

Making any kind of radical changes to stuns/mezes would require a lot of work. Considering they are putting off fixing class balance issues even they admit exist, it would be a long ways down the road. I am kind of surprised they didn't just steal WoWs DR system entirely.

Making any kind of radical changes to stuns/mezes would require a lot of work. Considering they are putting off fixing class balance issues even they admit exist, it would be a long ways down the road. I am kind of surprised they didn't just steal WoWs DR system entirely.

WoW's DR system is very complicated. If they can't push out class balance every half year.. then I doubt they have the manpower to build a system like that.

Edited by Evolixe