Are you pretty social in-game?

McNutty_

I tend to be yes. I do chime in on general chat (not trolling or anything, but asking how people's days are, chiming in on some off topic stuff, etc), always do drive by buffs. If some people are hanging around the entrace to a heroic i'll usually pst and ask if they want to group up. I'm not an expert by any means but I do like to make people feel welcome. I think a lot of people are scared to ask for a group, they may not know the mechanics of being a tank or a healer fully, may not be down with the terms, and a sa result are pretty shy. Somedays I do have my days where i just want to quest alone and not really talk too.

What sort of player are you? I'm interested in hearing about peoples "social" tendencies as opposed to playing ones

What sort of player are you? I'm interested in hearing about peoples "social" tendencies as opposed to playing ones

I'm here to play. No qualms about asking folks to group up for ops, and when it's done I always say "thanks for grouping", "it was fun", "good hunting", etc. After a WZ, if someone has done something phenomenal or kept my butt alive with good heals, I'll PM them to say "awesome job". But I don't spend much time at all chatting about non-game stuff, even with my guildies.

It depends on my mood. I usually chat aplenty in guildchat, partychat and on /General. However, sometimes I just don't feel like talking and like to be left alone, then I don't say a word. It's the main reason why I always have a character in MMOs that no one knows about, that will remain unguilded and doesn't do group quests and flashpoints and all that. It's my very special hermit char ;)

I have only been playing for a few weeks so I was quiet for the most part. However, here lately I have been very outspoken in general chat. Sometimes that is a good thing if you are stupid that is a bad thing. Seems the longer I play the more I chat.

I think a lot of people are scared to ask for a group, they may not know the mechanics of being a tank or a healer fully, may not be down with the terms, and a sa result are pretty shy.

That describes me pretty much to a tee! How social I am (outside of guild, that is) depends on what character I am playing. Having never played a tank before, I avoid groups on my mid-level Juggernaut and have relegated him to being my "solo alt" and getting in my tanking fun by keeping Quinn from being mauled. But on my Scoundrel healer I am more relaxed about grouping 'cause I am quite familiar with the class and have played in groups quite a bit.

Basically, I play to have fun, and the potential for getting cursed at and insulted by random people makes me less social. I will chat and be nice in a party, though there is usually such filth and trolling in general chat lately that I don't talk in it (if I did, I might give into the urge to scold someone for being so crude and misogynistic, lol).

That describes me pretty much to a tee! How social I am (outside of guild, that is) depends on what character I am playing. Having never played a tank before, I avoid groups on my mid-level Juggernaut and have relegated him to being my "solo alt" and getting in my tanking fun by keeping Quinn from being mauled. But on my Scoundrel healer I am more relaxed about grouping 'cause I am quite familiar with the class and have played in groups quite a bit.

Basically, I play to have fun, and the potential for getting cursed at and insulted by random people makes me less social. I will chat and be nice in a party, though there is usually such filth and trolling in general chat lately that I don't talk in it (if I did, I might give into the urge to scold someone for being so crude and misogynistic, lol).

If you can keep Quinn out of trouble, you can probably tank for live folks easier. They're better at going defensive to allow you to get aggro back.

Back to the socializing, being a mediocre tank (like me) isn't that bad, so long as you don't pretend you're good at it and then mess up. Most of the groups I've been with are fine with a green tank, as long as they know I'm green before they've run their combo and run aggro beyond the tank's ability to pull. :)

I typically try to be, but it's not always easy.

Sad to say, but it's typically seeing someone trolling in General that gets a conversation started (even with me), if only to make it obvious that they're just trollin'. That usually develops into a full blown conversation once folks feel like there's someone talking who wont lambaste them just for speaking up, which is nice though occasionally distracting.

Generally though, I chitchat while I'm on a speeder or something but I focus on playing the game otherwise.