Merc/Mando/Ops/Scoundrel Healers Nerfed

Foambreaker

i normally at least try to refrain from histrionic predictions about the future of the meta based on patch notes but I am going to indulge myself this one time

these aren't as brutal as the corruption nerfs IMO but brutal enough that corruption's vastly better mobility, lack of reliance on casts, and ease of use are likely to vault it back into its rightful place as the undisputed best pvp healer in far more situations than not

and you can bet this will probably be even more true after utility changes in 5.6

at least the healer meta was interesting for a few months, right guys?

i normally at least try to refrain from histrionic predictions about the future of the meta based on patch notes but I am going to indulge myself this one time

these aren't as brutal as the corruption nerfs IMO but brutal enough that corruption's vastly better mobility, lack of reliance on casts, and ease of use are likely to vault it back into its rightful place as the undisputed best pvp healer in far more situations than not

and you can bet this will probably be even more true after utility changes in 5.6

Entirely possible. There aren't many utility changes that would have a tremendous impact on Sorc healing. Losing Force Mobility would obviously be huge, but the others, while good, are not exactly game changers. Mercs in particular might be at risk given all the defensive utilities.

Entirely possible. There aren't many utility changes that would have a tremendous impact on Sorc healing. Losing Force Mobility would obviously be huge, but the others, while good, are not exactly game changers. Mercs in particular might be at risk given all the defensive utilities.
I can't imagine utility nerfs to sorcs, especially given the state of DPS.

As you alluded to, we can all imagine what might happen to merc utilities.

Operatives probably won't get ****.

As you alluded to, we can all imagine what might happen to merc utilities.

That is the point...

Merc/Mandos are barely to pull of 10k+ HPS right now (including DCDs).

So they nerf the Mando Heal Abilites --> this will make Mandos/Mercs the weakest Healer in case of HPS.

They will nerf utilities aswell --> well RIP Mando....

Have to agree, blind changes to HPS, made in a vacuum without considering utility and mobility are plain dumb.

Not only do these people not play this game, I think they are generally clueless about MMOs in general. I think they play Doom II.

Edited by Foambreaker

Have to agree, blind changes to HPS, made in a vacuum without considering utility and mobility are plain dumb.

Not only do these people not play this game, I think they are generally clueless about MMOs in general. I think they play Doom II.

Same goes for DPS. They really aren't doing this too well...

Yeah... as a Marauder and Hatred sin player nerf to healers is not a good news but let's face it. It was about damn time.

PVP with immortal healers is boring and the "no one dies" games were boring and dull too.

Especially given the amount of nerfs DPS specs have gotten recently. Healer adjustments might counteract those changes, at least to an extent.

These nerfs aren't really going to contribute to any difference in the experience you currently have with healers. It's simply whether or not they can keep up with Sorc- who is vastly superior in mobility and use of instant cast spells (no interupts). Previously raw HPS (Op) and Self Survivability (Merc) kept them competitive with Sorc, even after the nerf to Corruption, time will tell if that holds.

The relative HPS change should be around 5%, if that (for Sorc, it was 15-18%, after their nerf).

Edited by Wimbleton

These nerfs aren't really going to contribute to any difference in the experience you currently have with healers. It's simply whether or not they can keep up with Sorc- who is vastly superior in mobility and use of instant cast spells (no interupts). Previously raw HPS (Op) and Self Survivability (Merc) kept them competitive with Sorc, even after the nerf to Corruption, time will tell if that holds.

The relative HPS change should be around 5%, if that (for Sorc, it was 15-18%, after their nerf).

OP has more mobility than sorc, but only for people who know how to farm/use UH.

The problem is there that most people try to play OP like a sorc and fail.

Also people see sorc channel one spell while moving and decide that sorc has mobility :rolleyes:

Now the devs, who clearly think OP is played like a sorc, have screwed up the correct way to play the class.

Edited by Foambreaker

Srsly some People should stop posting here.

I repeat myself again...

Wanderning Mend is superior compared to kolto waves and prog. Scan. Because IT is NOT an interruptable Skill...

A Lot of merc/mando HPS comes from DCDs

We Mercs/Mandos are barely able to pull off 10k+ HPS right now (INCLUDING OUR DEFS)... I only know a handfull...

Sorc is still able to pull 10k+ (AND SORC WAS ALREADY NERFED WHILE MERC STILL WAIT FOR THE NERF)

7% prog. Scan nerf Srsly. ....

Defs fo Sorc heal and Operative are Not Bad either..

Same as above, name those high mobility no cooldown sorc spells.

You clearly are trying to stick to your guns and while that's admirable it's absolutely evident you haven't actually played the class and are talking from a theorycrafting PoV. Mobility in healing is about much more than "no cd spells". It's about the classes ability to keep people alive without having to stop and cast, and if you do have to cast, doing so under protection from interrupts. Secondly, it's about creating separation from melee threat/gaining LoS break from rangedwhile under movement speed negative effects.

Also important: escaping certain death with the use of a single immediate ability (allows you to be more risky with positioning while movement aids are on CD.

Edited by Wimbleton

...It's about the classes ability to keep people alive without having to stop and cast,...

So name those sorc spells that you don't have to stop and cast, and you can use over and over because one cast is not enough to do anything.

Name the spells, stop dodging.

You are the one who has clearly NOT PvPed with both classes.

Perhaps you are a PvE healer? :D

Edited by Foambreaker

How many games played would you think it takes for a healer to be considered "experienced"?

Lemme know, then I'll school you with some facts.

Facts?

Still waiting on those "high mobility sorc abilities", you could start there.

The real fact is that:

1. People see sorc channel while moving and declare "high mobility" but in reality that ONE spell has a cooldown so it is not that effective
  2. People don't interrupt sorcs when casting and then claim sorc is OP; or they interrupt the channel and then have no interrupt when the sorc stops and casts a big heal

Meanwhile the OP healer is running and farming UH with instant cast, no CD, HoTs and then burning UH to instant cast no CD heals. That's mobility.

Facts?

Still waiting on those "high mobility sorc abilities", you could start there.

The real fact is that:

1. People see sorc channel while moving and declare "high mobility" but in reality that ONE spell has a cooldown so it is not that effective
  2. People don't interrupt sorcs when casting and then claim sorc is OP; or they interrupt the channel and then have no interrupt when the sorc stops and casts a big heal

Meanwhile the OP healer is running and farming UH with instant cast, no CD, HoTs and then burning UH to instant cast no CD heals. That's mobility.

How many games played would you think it takes for a healer to be considered "experienced"?

Still waiting.