Looking for a guild

Solur

Looking for a guild of causals players but active players who also enjoy the game , would like to be able to get help and give help . be able to have fellow guildies to help with heroic and flashpoints etc. Edited by Solur

And how exactly do you think you would find it like that?

Not only is this not the right forum for that, but that's not the biggest problem here.

So many people post these looking for guild messages, here and the really bad thing about them is that they never even think of adding any relevant information about themselves, like which server you are on (and there are hundreds of different servers), or which faction (republic or empire) their main is playing.

So even in the unlikely event that if someone was looking to recruit guild members here, he would have no way of knowing if you are on the same server or same faction as him, and it would be highly unlikely that you are.

Check us out: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=389352

We are a small (but growing) guild. we provide a casual, friendly and social atmosphere. we just recruited some new members who are re-rolls and some new to the game entirely and in addition to alts from end game members, you will have people to level with and especially Flash Points (you really don't want to know the number of time I have went through Esseles:D). One of our guild rules is: Never deny aid to a fellow guild member in need. If you are interested, send me a PM or respond to this post.

Not only is this not the right forum for that, but that's not the biggest problem here.

So many people post these looking for guild messages, here and the really bad thing about them is that they never even think of adding any relevant information about themselves, like which server you are on (and there are hundreds of different servers), or which faction (republic or empire) their main is playing.

So even in the unlikely event that if someone was looking to recruit guild members here, he would have no way of knowing if you are on the same server or same faction as him, and it would be highly unlikely that you are.

someone needs a hug I think. ;p

Questions are not illegal here.

And while we are on the subject people trying to recruit him are assuming a lot.

Even if he was planning to create a new character on whatever server they suggest, one can't even know if he is on the same continent.

Now in swtor it is possible for european players to play american servers or american players to play european servers, but if you are on a different timezone with a 10 hour difference than everyone else in the guild that might make it more difficult to get any group content done, as you tend to play at different time than majority on that server, so I find recruiting like that a bit far fetched idea.

but they do what they do...

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? :eek:

<Stim Junkies> is a Republic-side guild on Kaiburr Crystal. If by some chance you haven't found a server to play on you are more than welcome to join us! Come check us out at swjunkies.enjin.com

Actually, what do you expect him to do if hes looking to possibly swap to any server for a perspective guild on either side, Post the same message for every single server there is? perhaps they are open to the possibilities to a more broad spectrum of server looking instead of a specific place.

And while we are on the subject people trying to recruit him are assuming a lot.

Even if he was planning to create a new character on whatever server they suggest, one can't even know if he is on the same continent.

Now in swtor it is possible for european players to play american servers or american players to play european servers, but if you are on a different timezone with a 10 hour difference than everyone else in the guild that might make it more difficult to get any group content done, as you tend to play at different time than majority on that server, so I find recruiting like that a bit far fetched idea.

but they do what they do...

Just because there are guilds out there which are specific to one set of times, there are others out there where the players are scattered around at all times. Its really not a hard concept to grasp. I guess I could be considered one of the few that spend most of my time playing in the eastern time zone however, depending on where i am working at the time, i could be playing as you said in a country which has a 10 hour difference. At this very moment, I am traveling from the Gulf of Mexico to Norway on a 15 day transit. From there, I will be heading to Dubai... Time zone changes are defiantly not foreign to some guilds and are sometimes expected.

Anyways... Mosaic might be right up your alley and personally, we could care less which time zone you play in because (and it might be hard to imagine for apparently some) we have players that play during different times of the day and night.

Edited by haliy

perhaps he is a new player.... i mean since he is posting in the new player forums. *gasp* egad my sophisticated heart I never imagined such a thing... he has some nerve not knowing which forum to post in i guess i should be a d-bag and put the poor guy down! really dude all you did was bring attention to this thread and bring pity to him for being a new player L2post doesnt work here go away. but back on topic if you are on mind trick or would reroll The Womp Rats is always looking for new players and you sound like the kind of person we want so just click the link in my sig and apply maybe we will see you in-game

Well, you aren't going to get one (for free anyway)...

There's a place for everything, and more to the point:

He didn't really ask a question.

For goodness sakes, skip. Give it a rest. You are not the board police, authorized to pounce on one for simply asking a question be it in the correct or incorrect forums. As demonstrated by both myself and other guild leaders, there is interest in what he asked, and there is interest in helping a new player further enjoy the game.

Edited by Blackardin

Looking for a guild of causals players but active players who also enjoy the game , would like to be able to get help and give help . be able to have fellow guildies to help with heroic and flashpoints etc.

Hey there! Sounds like you have a good attitude - let's get you pointed in the right direction.

First, if you're already committed to a server, then go find the forums for that server, look at the top, and check the LFG section.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309

Second, give the Ideal Guild Quiz a shot. Fast, free, and you don't have to register.

http://www.tortoolbox.com/quiz

It's limited to those guilds who have *chosen* to be on it, but that's still a pretty good selection. It will give you the top three best matches for your playstyle.

Third, teh interwebz! :-) Google your server and see what guilds appear to be active.

Fourth, do your homework. I know, it doesn't sound fun, but a little homework now can save you a lot of wasted time. Once you start narrowing down your choices, sleuth up your prospective guilds. Watch their websites. See if they post on an external server website. Meet some of the people from that guild in-game and see what they're like. Watch for them on general chat. Do they run events? Do they play hard and fair in PvP? Are they nice?

Good luck, and if you're interested in a RP server/guild, drop me a line! Or check out Sanctum of the Exalted.

http://www.sanctumoftheexalted.enjin.com

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

Looking for a guild of causals players but active players who also enjoy the game , would like to be able to get help and give help . be able to have fellow guildies to help with heroic and flashpoints etc.

It was not my intent to offend anyone but i am on the Dreshdae Cantina server and i will start looking on that forum as well thank you