Could we have some map balance Devs?

Warhams

As it currently stands, the Maps all favour the Republic side/spawn point.

1. Kuat Shipyards Domination - Point C is Closer to Rep spawn and is an enclosed area, ideal for boosting to and locking down with a scout and mine bomber for the Republic. However, Point A that is technically closer to the Imp Spawn is WIDE OPEN. Bring a bomber, gunship or scouts can easily intercept. Due to its openness, its is also far less easy to defend, as a bomber miner or anything really can easily be countered by flying top or bottom of the Sat. The Shipyard on point C has a lot of scaffolding and forcefields, its far harder to dig a mine bomber out by shooting from a distance.

2. Kuat Shipyards Deathmatch - Deathmatch should be balanced right? WRONG. Republic spawn has the same shipyard and what do they do? Fill it with Bombers, Drones and Gunships with the odd Scout to grab damage overcharge. How the ..explicative.... do you dig them out? Get close, gunships start shooting, get closer Drones start firing, even closer Mines and everything else. Whereas on the Imp side..... Just wide open asteroids that are indefensible. You can’t hide in the nook and crannies of these asteroids and shoot out.

3. Kuat Mesa Domination- Republic spawn has a hole in the rock wall which allows them to boost in a straight line to get to under point B. Imperial spawn has to either come from top as the most direct route or make a turn at the sides to get in from below. As always the first bomber who gets there and starts unloading first has the advantage, its kind of obvious why.

4. Kuat Mesa Deathmatch- Is kind of balanced, though the terrain around the Republic area has more canyons which allows setting up of bomber and gunship balls easier as your 'funnelled' into kill zones.

The current standard tactic on the Progenitor for Reps are to run 3-4 bombers, 3-4 gunships and 1-2 anything else, usually Flashfires and just Ball up in a corner, setting up drones, mines and gunships in between. They will not move unless they need a kill, if hurt, will run backwards and just repair by drones. Its near impossible to dig them out unless you bring your own gunship or bomber line, however usually by that time the imp side is already 5-15 kills down.

Other threads are already talking about bomber gunship spam but it’s the maps that makes these tactics even more effective.

Edited by Warhams

On point #1 I agree (mostly, A is balanced) but you also forgot to mention the asteroids in the path to A and C for the Imps.

The TDM maps are balanced, if 1 side "holes up" in wherever, the other side can get a vast majority of the power ups.

Kuat Mesas Domination... B is a fair race for both sides I think that map is balanced.

Now hopefully they'll tweak Shipyards and if they make any more maps, they might stop thinking in just 2 dimensions? All spawn points and satellites are on the same plane... why?

No it isn't.

So do you realize that when you spawn, it is not on an exact point? It is around a small area, so the times you saw someone from the Rep side beat you to B, they may have spawned at the front of their area while you were not. Also they may have a faster build than you, so unless you are in a Blackbolt with +20% engine boost and using barrel roll on CD (twice) you have no way of backing up your claim of, "No it isn't."

You make a compelling and persuasive argument.

I think the original poster already explained that while the distance between both Factional spawn-areas and B is the same "as the crow flies", it is not the same in practice because that phrase refers to a lack of obstacles in the way. When so few posts have been made in a thread, and the thing we're talking about is just a few posts up in the original post, "No it isn't." is probably sufficient to cause someone to go back and make sure they didn't miss-read.

I think the original poster already explained that while the distance between both Factional spawn-areas and B is the same "as the crow flies", it is not the same in practice because that phrase refers to a lack of obstacles in the way. When so few posts have been made in a thread, and the thing we're talking about is just a few posts up in the original post, "No it isn't." is probably sufficient to cause someone to go back and make sure they didn't miss-read.

Maybe so... but I have played over 1000 matches, and most were when there were only 2 maps... so I know what I am talking about... and they are effectively the same travel time to B on Mesas. (make sure you have explored all avenues to ensure that you are using the shortest route)

Edited by Zharik

As it currently stands, the Maps all favour the Republic side/spawn point.

1. Kuat Shipyards Domination - Point C is Closer to Rep spawn and is an enclosed area, ideal for boosting to and locking down with a scout and mine bomber for the Republic.

They addressed this by dropping almost all the forcefields around point C. The few girders left in place hardly makes a difference. And I should point out that point A is not hard to lock down either. The massive asteroid and girders that separate points A and B are an ideal snipers nest, making it easy to support both sides, something points B and C lacks.

No it isn't.

Yes, it is. You cannot go from spawn to point B in a straight line from either side. You aim for the wall gap on the right. The same gap is present on both sides.

Edited by ShadowsNIte

They addressed this by dropping almost all the forcefields around point C. The few girders left in place hardly makes a difference.

This is not an obstruction issue (I think that was more to deal with attacking it once it was occupied than anything else) it is a distance issue. The Pubs have a huge advantage, 2 ships (anything with barrel roll will do) take it before an Imp can even make it there... meaning the Pubs are scoring the whole time that both sides are fighting over it.

Edited by Zharik

This is not an obstruction issue (I think that was more to deal with attacking it once it was occupied than anything else) it is a distance issue. The Pubs have a huge advantage, 2 ships (anything with barrel roll will do) take it before an Imp can even make it there... meaning the Pubs are scoring the whole time that both sides are fighting over it.

Same applies for point A from the Imp spawn as it is closer to them by as much C is closer to the rep spawn.

My server does a lot of rep vs rep, I'm frequently on the other side of the map. I've never had a problem beating those from the rep spawn to point A without using Barrel Roll.

Yes, it is. You cannot go from spawn to point B in a straight line from either side. You aim for the wall gap on the right. The same gap is present on both sides.

Actually in my opinion Imperials have a slightly better speed grab ability for point B than Republic does. Imperial side I can manage two barrel rolls because the access tunnel goes slightly under the satellite. The Republic side I can only do one without risking faceplanting against a girder or the sat.