Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

Gaucho

Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended. Nope. Where do you get these developers and programmers Bioware?

Crafted Weapon, Ears, Implant and offhand still have advantage over hard-earned conqueror gear.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended. Nope. Where do you get these developers and programmers Bioware?

Crafted Weapon, Ears, Implant and offhand still have advantage over hard-earned conqueror gear.

Yep. BW didn't fix squat. Maybe the one item they actually tested was fixed, but the other stuff is still the same.

This is why Bolster, at least the way they implemented it, is not a good idea. It'll take a year or so (already almost half a year) to fix the existing bugs, then when they introduce new gear or mechanics it'll create a whole new set of bugs, tricks, and loopholes that'll take a year to fix again.

The way Bolster should work is by overwriting ALL your stats with a fixed predetermined set of stats if you want it to instead of messing around with every mod in every slot (or just go back to the recruit set system cuz bolster hasn't changed anything in terms of leveling the playing field or helping new players play better in my experience). That approach is just inviting disaster, and its track record has proven just that.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

For the sake of "Player Quality Assurance", and not relying on the "mathy guy", can we get a few screenshots to show this? Least in this way, we can see the issue and I will try and get Eric to respond.

Level 54 purple mainhand pistol still bolsters for more Primary and Bonus damage than Conqueror.

It's less of a boost than prior to this patch (now 23 more bonus damage approx over the Conqueror, whereas prior to 2.2.1 it was boosting for 70 or more damage.)

Haven't yet checked on the level 54 purple Rifle on my Vanguard to see if a similar reduction has occurred. Haven't checked implants either.

Edited by Theagg

Ears and implants were never an issue anyway. The only slight issues were with MH/OH of which I am more than sure they have nerfed. So yeah, its just like I said... The point if PVP gear is to attain gear without needing to craft or PvE. Bolster is the tool to even the playing field.

Level 54 purple mainhand pistol still bolsters for more Primary and Bonus damage than Conqueror.

It's less of a boost than prior to this patch (now 23 more bonus damage approx over the Conqueror, whereas prior to 2.2.1 it was boosting for 70 or more damage.)

Haven't yet checked on the level 54 purple Rifle on my Vanguard to see if a similar reduction has occurred. Haven't checked implants either.

What is the expertise for each case? If the purple MH were to give you far less expertise damage boost and damage reduction then the Conqueror might still be better.

No PvE item should be better than the corresponding Partizan, much less Conqueror.

What is the expertise for each case? If the purple MH were to give you far less expertise damage boost and damage reduction then the Conqueror might still be better.

No PvE item should be better than the corresponding Partizan, much less Conqueror.

Purple MH pistol in my case gave me about 0.5% less expertise damage boost compared to the Conqueror. When I next go into a WZ I will properly check the values (I'm sure others will post values as well) but my first guess is that 23 actual damage boost is more than 0.5% less expertise damage boost) Looks like around a 2% gain in bonus damage from the crafted pistol for that 0.5% loss in Expertise Damage boost ...on my character.

Hey, wanna come play Wildstar with me when it drops?

not pvp related, but fyi don't send your current companion on missions. When you hop off your bike, it autocancels the mission/crafting in order to return him/her by your side (instead of leaving you alone).

I wonder if you can get around this by actually dismissing your active companion FIRST, then sending them on their mission/crafting assignment. That probably works.

The way Bolster should work is by overwriting ALL your stats with a fixed predetermined set of stats if you want it to instead of messing around with every mod in every slot (or just go back to the recruit set system cuz bolster hasn't changed anything in terms of leveling the playing field or helping new players play better in my experience). That approach is just inviting disaster, and its track record has proven just that.

Yep, been saying this since pts testing. They just need to set base values that everyone should be at at level 29, 54, and 55 to be competitive for each set of WZs for all stats and just automatically put everyone at those stats. Pvp gear is the only gear whos stats count towards any stat totals outside of the minimum amount. Once you get enough pvp gear to get one or more of the stats to rise higher then the minimum then that value takes over instead of the minimum.

So simplisitcally you join a WZ. If everyone was naked every single person would have the exact same stats across the board (obviously with main stats and secondary stats being change around according to class). If every single person had Underworld maxed gear they'd all still have the minimum stats across the board. Those who had pvp gear would have whatever values they added up to over the minimums.

Or am I just over simplifying this?

i currently used purple PVE implants and ear and i have

1743 main AP

1418.2 tech power

77.08 surge

1973 expertise (58.66 dmg boost)

with conqueror implants/ear i have:

1737 main AP

1412.3 techpower

76.01 surge

2018 expertise

so i loose 5 AP and 1% surge but gain 1.34% overall dmg

this patch didn't really fix anything...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Herbzta