Deployed Shields sniper utility passive damage reduction not showing

hipoenormous

I have a level 70 sniper and selected Deployed Shields as my last utility passive. Deployed Shields reduces damage taken while in cover by 5% and reduces the cooldown of Ballistic Shield by 30 seconds. One confirmed I saw that the cooldown of Ballistic Shields did indeed get reduced by 30 seconds from 3 minutes to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. However, on the character pane under the Defense tab there is no additional damage reduction. If it doesn't show on the character Defense tab then it must not exist right?

"Reduces damage taken" does not show up on the character sheet. It is calculated separately and it is working but you won't see it anywhere except combat logs or watching the incoming damage FlyText. There are a ton of those, 15% from Maul in Deception, 40% from Invincible on Immortal and so on. Typically, if it is worded "Increases Damage Reduction by X %", then it will be directly added to the DR on your character sheet. If it is worded "Reduces damage taken by X %" or "Target takes X % less damage", it will not go onto the character sheet and it will be calculated separately from your regular DR.