Pvp needs unessembled components or another tokens for gear

omaan

From what i saw on pts main source of gear will be ops/flash points. BUT pvp players have no desire and time to play pve yet we still need best gear/sets/amplifiers/tactical items for pvp....and since pvp gearing looks pretty weak you guys need to make IT as GOOD As PVE gearing because making pvp gearing slow is against "play what you want" policy, against pvp players, and any normal sense. Who will play something he doesn't like to get instruments he requries for playing something he likes? Yes, no one. people want to get what they need and what they want throughout playing what THEY LIKE. Thats what games were created for

From what i saw on pts main source of gear will be ops/flash points. BUT pvp players have no desire and time to play pve yet we still need best gear/sets/amplifiers/tactical items for pvp....and since pvp gearing looks pretty weak you guys need to make IT as GOOD As PVE gearing because making pvp gearing slow is against "play what you want" policy, against pvp players, and any normal sense. Who will play something he doesn't like to get instruments he requries for playing something he likes? Yes, no one. people want to get what they need and what they want throughout playing what THEY LIKE. Thats what games were created for

Well, the issue here is that everyone will recieve the same if not close iLevel gear no matter it be pve or pvp. So if you are seeing non-moddable drops when you finish the war zone, then its by design. We all go from iLevel 266 to max level of 306. In theory as I have seen others show this, that is 19 levels of non moddable gear.

Now it was stated that we will most likely be deconstructing most gear. Sadly that is not a good idea at all as the purpose currently is to get to the next level of gear.

But what I think needs to really be looked at is how to define the difference between PvP and PvE set bonus gear.....how does the gear differ, and yes how many Tech points will they cost?

A speedy gear leveling formula for 6.0 is currently:

1. Get to level 75.
  2. Acquire a piece of gear you can use via PvP, Ops, Flashpoints, or World activities.
  3. Don't open any Renown crates until character item level is 306.
  4. If the gear has a higher item level than the piece the character currently has, equip it, even if the stats are worse.
  5. If the gear is moddable or a set shell, save them, or equip them, but not if it lowers the character's item level.
  6. If the new gear isn't useful, or the gear it replaced isn't useful any more, deconstruct it for tech fragments.
  7. If the character's item level is less than 304, go to step 2.
  8. If the character's item level is greater or equal to 304, start seeking set shells, best in slot mods, and augments for the pieces you know you will keep. Don't augment ears, implants or relics until you have one that is best in slot.
  9. If you can afford to craft or acquire a better replacement via tech fragments or credits, do so.
  10. Save sets of 306 junk you invariably will get for boosting level 75 alts to 306 quicker (this bypasses steps 3 through 7)
  11. Until the character is kitted out the way you want, go to step 2.

Edited by TerraStomper

1. Get to level 75.
  2. Acquire a piece of gear you can use via PvP, Ops, Flashpoints, or World activities.
  4. If the gear has a higher item level than the piece the character currently has, equip it, even if the stats are worse.
  5. If the gear is moddable or a set shell, save them, or equip them, but not if it lowers the character's item level.
  6. If the new gear isn't useful, or the gear it replaced isn't useful any more, deconstruct it for tech fragments.
  8. If the character's item level is greater or equal to 304, start seeking set shells, best in slot mods, and augments for the pieces you know you will keep. Don't augment ears, implants or relics until you have one that is best in slot.
  9. If you can afford to craft or acquire a better replacement via tech fragments or credits, do so.
  10. Save sets of 306 junk you invariably will get for boosting level 75 alts to 306 quicker (this bypasses steps 3 through 7)

This sums it up.

While I question the "speedy" comment, that is the process as it stands.

Keeping the 306 and transferring it to an alt will speed up gearing alts.

The first toon, however, will be a grind full of RNG no matter what.

1. Get to level 75.

What a F#*king cluster F#*k this is. But I think the best advice you provide is...

Don't open any Renown crates until character item level is 306.

^This is something I didn't even think about but your are 100% correct. Anything you open will just be junk or replaced soon after so thank you for the advice.

I would say that the vast majority of gear ends up being deconstructed into tech fragments (at least it was for me), which are also awarded from pvp matches and the pvp daily/weekly. Tech fragments are the new UCs.

No. I mean something which is purely for pvp and can be farmed throughout constant and frequent pvp. Uc's currently are received for finishing all pvp quests and winning solo ranked or team ranked matches which allows to farm components always by playing pvp. In 6.0 Fragments are received by deconstructing gear pieces yet pvp doesn't have any bosses to drop any pieces so all we will have are few weekly pieces obtained from weekly quests. This is intolerable for pvp players at all. Thats why we need our own componets or expertise gear back. Pvp players wont accept such a dumb gearing system which focuses mainly on ops and fps

1. Get to level 75.

point 4 is sooo idiotic but.... yay BW... who designeed this needs to get driven out of the studio with a baseball bat!

seriously... everybody thought 5.0 was the worst there could be.... but here we are 6.0 is coming... stuff is getting worse, we will see more players leave because rng + grind is sooo "exciting".

has bioware ever considered to cater to their customers and make them happy so that they enjoy playing?

or is it about milking the last few addicted players who wont stop anyway...

fun fact... when gearing was the easiest (4.0) you had like 4 fleets on pub side on the german server... now you have like 30-50 people... in peaks there are 100.... yay you accomplished to reduce your player base by 75% with stupid changes to stuff which was working fine..

is there really somebody who gets paid for losing customers on purpose? is ben irving back? i had hopes in keith but it seems he either a) has nothing to say and is there only to be there or b) he just doesnt know better

when a friend came in the team speak and asked how 6.0 gearing will be we told him its basically like in division 2.... his reponse : "so i can uninstall without regret"

why do you adapt stuipd ******** others do without thinking what it may cause... it seems you are so positive at BW that failure is never discussed.

you are basically making sm ops more appealing than nim as if the same stuff drops why do nim?

we had the same **** going on with 5.0.... after 2 months you noticed: "mmmhh maybe we should put tokens back in ops"... why doing the same **** again?

Seriously i believe 6.0 will be the last expasion we will ever see as if it flops ea will no longer give BW money to produce stuff... YAY!

give raiders raids to gear up (drops depend on difficulty)

dont adjust the old op to their old lvl.. make them on level... whats the point of adrenals in a lvl 55 ops... you can only use accuracy or crit adrenals..... yay everything else is useless as it is capped... relics the same you got a mastery proc relic... screw it! it doesnt do anything... what about the sage raidbuff? useless as mastery and endurace is capped... and if you really believe balancing will be eaier in further expnsions a) i dont believe there will be any b) yeah lets introduce new abilities but the ops stay the same?

there is soooooooooooo much stupid in 6.0 and half thought **** i really wonder if you should just hire some orang utans and let them make decisions depending on which banana they eat.. it wouldnt make anything worse

sorry for that but 6.0 just sounds demotivating for me

No. I mean something which is purely for pvp and can be farmed throughout constant and frequent pvp. Uc's currently are received for finishing all pvp quests and winning solo ranked or team ranked matches which allows to farm components always by playing pvp. In 6.0 Fragments are received by deconstructing gear pieces yet pvp doesn't have any bosses to drop any pieces so all we will have are few weekly pieces obtained from weekly quests. This is intolerable for pvp players at all. Thats why we need our own componets or expertise gear back. Pvp players wont accept such a dumb gearing system which focuses mainly on ops and fps

Tech fragments are rewarded for the PvP daily and weekly. I never got a WZ pop during the periods I was on PTS Friday and Saturday. Did you?

Tech fragments are rewarded for the PvP daily and weekly. I never got a WZ pop during the periods I was on PTS Friday and Saturday. Did you?

i had some pops for regular warzones (only arena) and for wins i didn't get any fragments...i also could not take any quests for pvp since terminal didn't have any. But something telling me that rewards for pvp won't be good enough since devs stated on their stream that main source of gearing will be PVE (running ops) which already forces me to quit the game and go play wow which has same grind but at least better for pvp

Edited by omaan

i had some pops for regular warzones (only arena) and for wins i didn't get any fragments...i also could not take any quests for pvp since terminal didn't have any. But something telling me that rewards for pvp won't be good enough since devs stated on their stream that main source of gearing will be PVE (running ops) which already forces me to quit the game and go play wow which has same grind but at least better for pvp

I saw them* on the fleet on Friday and Saturday, at level 75 ... is it possible that you weren't 75 yet? You have to click on the terminal on Odessen to get to 75. You don't get UCs under level 70 currently and the pvp daily and weekly as it is on live is also a level 70-exclusive thing.

*them meaning the pvp daily and weekly quests

Edited by phalczen

I saw them* on the fleet on Friday and Saturday, at level 75 ... is it possible that you weren't 75 yet? You have to click on the terminal on Odessen to get to 75. You don't get UCs under level 70 currently and the pvp daily and weekly as it is on live is also a level 70-exclusive thing.

*them meaning the pvp daily and weekly quests

i was 75 but didnt see any quests on terminal. If you managed to test them did you checked drops?

i was 75 but didnt see any quests on terminal. If you managed to test them did you checked drops?

Unfortunately I never got any pops. Next time I will screenshot.

In any event, I agree with you that there should be TF awarded for matches and the PvP daily and weekly just as UCs were.

I bet they weren't planning to make either regs or ranked pvp as a goos source of gear which would be equal to pve gearing so i tend to agree that we need something similar as UC's which can be obtained throughout playing pvp and spent on buying pvp gear or general gear. Definitely gaining only Tech fragments won't be enough for pvp players to get gear fast enough by playing pvp. Personally if i see my pvp gearing progression slow while pve players get best gear fast i will unsub immediately and return back to lvling my shaman in wow classic.

1. Get to level 75.

To add to this --

Just faceroll Hammer Station VM over and over. The conversations take longer than getting to the next boss, and your life is never in danger whether or not you have a comp out, no matter how poop your gear is. The bosses die just as fast as the trash mobs.