Martinique Desler Spawn & Server Reset

KurganNazzir

Does anyone know if the server reset affects the spawn timer for Martinique Desler? My friend camped the spawn spot for around 12hrs and she never spawned. He saw her when he got there about 7hrs before server reset but she never spawned after that. Or did they increase her spawn time again, maybe?

I believe that each time there is a spawn it is random chance to be either Martinique or her place holder.

I have no hard evidence for this, only anecdotal and my own limited observations.

My own observations are

I saw a couple of people killing Martinique and I camped the spot for about 2 hours after, only the PH spawned during this time and I left.

I returned to the spot about 3 hours later and a group was killing Martinique.

Have camped the spot on and off several times, sometimes just for 3 or 4 spawns, others for longer, never over 2 hours.

Last Sunday (8 days ago) I went to the spawn location, a Sniper was camping there and he invited me to group.

He said that he had been there for 3 hours but someone else had been killing Martinique when he arrived.

We camped together for 3 spawns of PH when the sniper left. 2 spawns later Martinque spawned!

trusted anecdotal evidence.

A longtime ingame friend told me that they and fellow guildmates had been on the spot at a server restart and camped for 9 hours before getting Martinque to spawn.

Another ingame friend told me that they had seen 2 spawns in a 3 hour camp session.

Edited by Ashenti

I believe that each time there is a spawn it is random chance to be either Martinique or her place holder.

I know it's "random" but it's been said (somewhere or other) that the time it takes for her to spawn is about 10hrs now, used to be less. Basically, we killed assistants for 12hrs for pretty much nothing. Well, I didn't join my friend until a lot later because I was sleeping so I was only there about 3hrs; I don't have the tolerance to stand there twiddling my thumbs over a mount but he wanted to try at least once.

I went to camp spawn Saturday, and there was one guy there already. I stayed and helped kill one assistant and then logged right there. Logged back on two hours later, right next to Martinique. Dropped her and was insanely happy. I was watching a video though and decided to just hang out there for awhile. I killed an assistant, and then Martinique spawned again. Killed her, got a second Dessler and purple rep, waited for another 4 spawns (which were all assistants) and then left.

And once again, this was Saturday. Aug 31.

I know it's "random" but it's been said (somewhere or other) that the time it takes for her to spawn is about 10hrs now, used to be less. Basically, we killed assistants for 12hrs for pretty much nothing. Well, I didn't join my friend until a lot later because I was sleeping so I was only there about 3hrs; I don't have the tolerance to stand there twiddling my thumbs over a mount but he wanted to try at least once.

by random I mean exactly that.

The evidence I have seen suggests that each time there is a spawn due, there is a set chance of it being either a PH or Martinique and that the time since the last Martinique spawn plays no part at all.

I know it's "random" but it's been said (somewhere or other) that the time it takes for her to spawn is about 10hrs now, used to be less.

I think those statements are made by people not understanding the concept of "chance". Assuming the 1% chance ("one in hundred") that has been circling, and a (confirmed) 5 minutes respawn timer for the spot, people have been calculating 5 minutes * 100 spawns = 500 minutes = 8.3 hrs, so they deduce that there's a guaranteed spawn in 8.3 hours. But that's not how "chance" works.

As far as I know, the chance that Martinique spawns has been reduced to 1% with the introduction of instances (or reduced number of players per instance) for CZ-198, it used to be higher, so the calculated time was shorter.

Personally, I've never liked the design of the Desler speeders. So I'll go with the sour grapes approach and say a mint-colored Desler just tops an altogether ugly design. I still check the spot whenever I pass by, but my playtime is too precious and short to be camping one spot for hours for something I don't even like. Next week I'll get my Czerka cruiser, been wanting the Manta landspeeder model ever since this popped up, so I'm more than happy to leave that area behind me once I got it.

Edited by KyaniteD