Dooku and Windu - Could it have been done?

RayceUlrand

A while ago I picked up a little book centered around Jedi Master Mace Windu and in that book, the prologue spoke of Mace's ability to read Shatterpoint's, which, if my memory isn't incorrect ( and it might be.) allowed Mace to see points of vulnerability within his opponents.

With that said, I have two questions I want to ask people..

1. In the book Mace stated he could have killed Dooku at the cost of his own life(Basically when he first showed up on the viewing platform and caught Jango off guard). If that were to happen, would the Jedi Order and the Grand Army of the Republic have been capable of ending the war with the Seperatist's faster and more efficiently? Would everything have ended before Palpatine had time to corrupt Anakin and let his plans come true?

2. If it was Mace who returned to halt Dooku's retreat off world, and the battle was a one-on-one between both the Jedi Master and Jedi Master turned Sith Lord, who would have walked away alive? Would it have been a tie? Would Dooku have halted the battle knowing Republic reinforcements were certain to come and distract Windu in a way similar to what he did with Yoda?

There's no wrong answer, just tell me your own opinions.

Edited by RayceUlrand

I would have to give it to Mace. He invented a form of Lightsaber combat specifically for killing people.

I believe that if Windu had given his life to kill Dooku, Palpatine would have never gotten the Death Star plans, Thus, he would have had to rush, maybe not being able to influence Ani enough to convert him.

Weapon Master Mace Windu could very well be the second greatest duellist in the entire Star Wars EU, behind Grand Master Luke Skywalker, Count Dooku was an excellent duellist and possibly the greatest of all Makashi practitioners, but Mace Windu took on the most powerful Dark lord of the Sith ever, Darth Sidious, and beat him in a duel, which is in fact the only one on one battle Sidious ever lost, Count Dooku would never be able to defeat Sidious, He was a master duellist but not on the same level as Windu.

Weapon Master Mace Windu could very well be the second greatest duellist in the entire Star Wars EU, behind Grand Master Luke Skywalker, Count Dooku was an excellent duellist and possibly the greatest of all Makashi practitioners, but Mace Windu took on the most powerful Dark lord of the Sith ever, Darth Sidious, and beat him in a duel, which is in fact the only one on one battle Sidious ever lost, Count Dooku would never be able to defeat Sidious, He was a master duellist but not on the same level as Windu.

Really? I'm not trying to dismiss your answer, I like it, but I think I've heard, or read, that Sidious purposely withdrew from that 1 on 1 battle in order to better turn Anakin, to make Windu seem like the bad guy for striking down a defenseless opponent.

Did Sidious really lose, or did he sense Anakin's arrival and planned to turn him at that moment? Even without the saber he wasn't defenseless.

Edited by RayceUlrand

Really? I'm not trying to dismiss your answer, I like it, but I think I've heard, or read, that Sidious purposely withdrew from that 1 on 1 battle in order to better turn Anakin, to make Windu seem like the bad guy for striking down a defenseless opponent.

Did Sidious really lose, or did he sense Anakin's arrival and planned to turn him at that moment? Even without the saber he wasn't defenseless.

George Lucas himself stated that Windu won the duel, Darth Sidious then started to feign utter loss of power, when really Mace Windu was losing the grip on his lightsaber and would've been killed regardless (I think he was actually testing Windu to see how long Windu could hold on for), then he continued the feint until he forced Anakin to disarm and/or kill Windu, Anakin believed the feint so when Sidious killed him, he was taken utterly by surprise, so yes in short, Windu kicked Sidious' *** in the duel.

All right, I see, I see ...but I don't know if its fair =/

I mean this is Mace vs. Dooku, not Dooku vs. Sidious ..yes, defeating Palpatine in saber combat was impressive and I will not claim Dooku could have managed the same because I lack the facts and evidence ..but Dooku from what I've seen can handle combat very well. A Jedi Padawan, a Knight, and a Master all in a row and he handled himself well.

This is not countering your opinions at all, I liked them ...but I just don't feel right saying Windu could win because he beat Sidious in a saber duel, when we've never seen Dooku attempt such a thing with him.

your first question: would annakin be corrupted?

i would not think so. because after windu would defeat dooku. they would probably find the documents of the building of the sith secret weapon: the deathstar. because the geonosians would surely loose the battle anyway the plans would never be transported to sidious and maybe the war would've never even started on that planet. it could mean that sidious would desperatly try to hasten annakins corruption. but annakin wasnt corrupted enough at the time so that would mean palpatine would have to reveal himself early. and that could result in palpatines demise or maybe annakin's. my point is if those deathstar plans where discovered everything would fall apart for the empire. the next episodes wouldnt happen either methinks

All right, I see, I see ...but I don't know if its fair =/

I mean this is Mace vs. Dooku, not Dooku vs. Sidious ..yes, defeating Palpatine in saber combat was impressive and I will not claim Dooku could have managed the same because I lack the facts and evidence ..but Dooku from what I've seen can handle combat very well. A Jedi Padawan, a Knight, and a Master all in a row and he handled himself well.

This is not countering your opinions at all, I liked them ...but I just don't feel right saying Windu could win because he beat Sidious in a saber duel, when we've never seen Dooku attempt such a thing with him.

Darth Sidious was Tyrannus' master and Tyrannus knew he was no match for him, Yoda was handily defeating Dooku in AotC and Windu is an even better duellist than Yoda, yet not nearly as powerful in the force, again, Windu is demonstratively the second best duellist in the EU, Tyrannus was perhaps the 8th best.