Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith warrior story fail, Malavai Quinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith warrior story fail, Malavai Quinn

Erevan_Kindelar
05.23.2020 , 01:36 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by Faejan View Post
Bump. All these years later.

I cannot believe I am unable to kill Malavai Quinn after he openly betrays me and tries to kill me. A perturbing lack of choice. I am a new player btw.
There was an option to kill him at one point, but it was removed from (iirc) the third closed beta or first open beta version of the game.

At that time, and for some time after the release of the game, you only got your 5 storyline companions plus the ship droid, and the storyline companions were each limited to a specific role (melee tank, ranged tank, melee DPS, ranged DPS and healer). Quinn was the Warrior's healer; and while the ship droid could be used as a healer, the fact it could not equip a weapon effectively gimped those Warriors who chose to kill him for his betrayal.
Instead of saying "you made a choice, and choices in this game have consequences", BW opted to appease the kids who didn't want to accept the consequences of their own choices, and removed the option to kill him.

Now that you can have any companion fulfill any role, returning the option to kill him would make sense. The current volume and flexibility of companions mean there would be no consequences to that action. But I assume the animations and assets for that scene have been removed, and would need to be rewritten from scratch. Because if it was just a matter of re-enabling deactivated assets it would probably be a popular option.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Goreshaga
05.23.2020 , 04:01 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Maybe Malavai will become a little bit more relevant to the story again, now that Impside you can rejoin the Empire as the Hand
Hope he'll be relevant again, but he turned against Acina when my Warrior sided with the Republic on Iokath and asked to join the Alliance, so i hope he'll be relevant also for Warriors who chose the Republic, because i clearly don't want to have to kill him.

Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
Now that you can have any companion fulfill any role, returning the option to kill him would make sense. The current volume and flexibility of companions mean there would be no consequences to that action. But I assume the animations and assets for that scene have been removed, and would need to be rewritten from scratch. Because if it was just a matter of re-enabling deactivated assets it would probably be a popular option.
Thing is, he is part of the Iokath storyline for all characters, so giving back the option to kill him after the Quinncident woud require to rework Iokath as well at least for Warriors who killed him
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters