Lag spike

SneakGaming

I'm having the same problem and my internet is fine but here lately the server lag has been worse and it makes my GCDs slow and are messed up and I end up not being able to time my abilities well in PvP or PvE. Plus I asked around in different planet chats and everyone else is having the same problem. I hope Bioware sees this.:mad: Edited by DocHolidaySWTOR

It's been happening to me for a month and always between 8:30 and 10:30 PM. The rest of the day it's fine. I've been tracking it with tracert/ping plotter/etc., and it's always fine up until the hop at IP 159.153.92.98, an address registered to EA. Using VPNs to log in "from" different cities doesn't work, either, so it's not like there's just some broken hardware at an internet backbone site somewhere along the way. Also, if I try to ping the EU server that's in Ireland - which is obviously going over an entirely different route than to go to the EA servers in Virginia, I get the same thing - fine up until one of the last hops at an EA registered IP. It was doing this for a few weeks and then for a week, actually, it was fine and never acted up so I thought it may have been fixed, but for the past week or so it's been worse than ever. It's now quite literally unplayable.

I think that type of lag spike happened to me a few weeks ago, randomly going up to 50K even though the internet was fine (I did multiple tests and I was getting a good conneciton), usually when that happens I just go to sleep or do something else. Thankfully in my case it never seemed to be persistent, so the next day I get my average 150 to 300 MS.

I think that type of lag spike happened to me a few weeks ago, randomly going up to 50K even though the internet was fine (I did multiple tests and I was getting a good conneciton), usually when that happens I just go to sleep or do something else. Thankfully in my case it never seemed to be persistent, so the next day I get my average 150 to 300 MS.

Yep, that's what it is, but it wasn't just one night. It's been almost every night for a month now, always between around 8:00 or 8:30 and 10:30 or so. From all the discussions online, it seems like this is a problem which is only affecting some people, though the number seems to be increasing if forum reports are any indication.

Yep, that's what it is, but it wasn't just one night. It's been almost every night for a month now, always between around 8:00 or 8:30 and 10:30 or so. From all the discussions online, it seems like this is a problem which is only affecting some people, though the number seems to be increasing if forum reports are any indication.

Are you still getting routed back to the west coast before going back to the east coast? Did you talk to your isp yet?

Are you still getting routed back to the west coast before going back to the east coast? Did you talk to your isp yet?

That's not actually what was happening. As it turns out the Washington12 node is, as far as I can tell, actually in NJ. Also, only pingplotter seemed to show it more than once. Other similar programs and a standard tracert had it only show up once. Altogether, I'm still not really sure what was/is going on, as it does still show that at time (but not always).

I've been having success using a Washington DC based VPN, but tonight that doesn't seem to be working, either, at least not as consistently. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but it doesn't seem to be particular to a node that is particular to my route to the server. The issue appears, from what I can see and what is being reported by others, to be a node that is very close to the server so that regardless of what route a person is taking many people are passing through there near the very end of the route - and FWIW, the same IP keeps showing up as the first one with significant latency and it's owned by Electronic Arts.

That's not actually what was happening. As it turns out the Washington12 node is, as far as I can tell, actually in NJ. Also, only pingplotter seemed to show it more than once. Other similar programs and a standard tracert had it only show up once. Altogether, I'm still not really sure what was/is going on, as it does still show that at time (but not always).

I've been having success using a Washington DC based VPN, but tonight that doesn't seem to be working, either, at least not as consistently. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but it doesn't seem to be particular to a node that is particular to my route to the server. The issue appears, from what I can see and what is being reported by others, to be a node that is very close to the server so that regardless of what route a person is taking many people are passing through there near the very end of the route - and FWIW, the same IP keeps showing up as the first one with significant latency and it's owned by Electronic Arts.

The Washington DC hops at lvl 3 are some of the worst. It’s one of the reasons I like WTFast vs other vpn type setups because they have so many other options to route around going through Washington.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The Washington DC hops at lvl 3 are some of the worst. It’s one of the reasons I like WTFast vs other vpn type setups because they have so many other options to route around going through Washington.

Well although last night was iffy for a bit, overall the DC VPN has been the one I've gotten the most consistent playability with. It's in fact the ONLY route I can find that doesn't cut out constantly.