Marauder vs Juggenaut

ThanatCZ

Hello

I have PW lvl 50 and now i want play with lightsaber :-)

So what is better on PVP? marauder or Juggenat , i read many forums abaut that and what i find is that marauder is burst DPS but with less survivability than Juggenat and also have less stuns .

Juggenaut have less dps than Marauder but have more chance to survivability and have more stuns ?

So where is true ? and what you mean ?? Thanks

Juggernaut outside of tank tree (immortal) has less survivability than Marauder, especially Annihilation. I've only ever played Annihilation Marauder and Vengeance Juggernaut....both do decent dps, Marauder does more in my opinion, survivability isn't even close - Marauder has some of the best (if not THE best) survivability cooldowns of any dps class in the game.

That being said, i find that Juggernaut has a more fluid playstyle, and so I personally prefer it.

Juggernaut outside of tank tree (immortal) has less survivability than Marauder, especially Annihilation. I've only ever played Annihilation Marauder and Vengeance Juggernaut....both do decent dps, Marauder does more in my opinion, survivability isn't even close - Marauder has some of the best (if not THE best) survivability cooldowns of any dps class in the game.

That being said, i find that Juggernaut has a more fluid playstyle, and so I personally prefer it.

Thank you :)

I wouldnt trust this information. Mara has mediocre "survivability cooldowns", and the one that most people complain about is not nearly as good as a snipers, or Assassin, or Operative, or Sorc. Their 4 second stealth breaks on damage, dots included (unless speced into) and their 4 second shield takes half of their health to use.

Id look into the 2.0 patch notes before making a decision.

It's now 3/8ths of their health, on a lower cooldown (in smash spec to boot), and the HP loss isn't really significant when they use it at low hp anyways.

The camo has a very short cd and breaks snares and I've never seen damage of any kind break the camo in my entire life. Either that's a new change or you're very wrong.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I wouldnt trust this information. Mara has mediocre "survivability cooldowns", and the one that most people complain about is not nearly as good as a snipers, or Assassin, or Operative, or Sorc. Their 4 second stealth breaks on damage, dots included (unless speced into) and their 4 second shield takes half of their health to use.

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about and clearly hasn't played a mara.

Camo doesn't break on taking any damage, only when you deal direct damage to someone.

Maras also have the highest surv outside of pure tank specs, and have one of the highest dps 2nd only to PTs.

No, one shouldn't trust YOUR information. You clearly have no idea.

this ...

Camo doesn't break on taking any damage, only when you deal direct damage to someone.

Maras also have the highest surv outside of pure tank specs, and have one of the highest dps 2nd only to PTs.

Pretty much this. I'd argue that Maras have better overall damage than PTs, but PTs have better burst and increased range, but that's really besides the point.

If you want to be more annoying, have more utility and help your team in ways other than pure damage, go juggernaut. If you want to kill things and look good doing it, play a Marauder.

Juggernauts are for protecting your friendly healer, while Marauders are for killing the enemy healer.

The Juggernaut can rake in protection medals just from using his taunts. If you get a healer that will actually heal you as well as just himself, then the Juggernaut can place guard on the healer and the two can hold any objective long enough for reinforcements to arrive. And if you spec deep enough into Vengeance to get Unstoppable then you become the best ball handler possible in Huttball.

The Marauder has excellent defensive cool downs and a healing debuff. So once you spot the enemy healer you can sneak in close with camo, snare, debuff and release the pain. Save your force leap for after the enemy healer knocks you back. You're going to kill that healer before your cool downs wear off and any protectors can stop you, especially if you've spec'd rage for the currently overpowered Smash.

I hate to say this because I agree with you up to the last statement. Maras/sents have the best survivability in the game with 3 good defensive cooldowns, and an escape. Yes better than a tank until they get to the very top gear levels. That said they do MORE damage than a PT in most PUGS because they tend to live longer if well played. Now give each a pocket healer and a tank, and I agree PT wins in the dps race. Still Mara/sent has great survivability. This I have found is what makes smash specs so OP, not the damage and ease of set up... The fact that they can do it and survive so well.

If I were you OP, I'd figure out if you want to just pure DPS all the time, or do you have ADD like some of us and every now and then get the urge to "tank" and guard someone. Both do good dps. Both in smash spec have a relatively gentle learning curve. It's a game. Pick what you'll have most fun with...

I hate to say this because I agree with you up to the last statement. Maras/sents have the best survivability in the game with 3 good defensive cooldowns, and an escape. Yes better than a tank until they get to the very top gear levels. That said they do MORE damage than a PT in most PUGS because they tend to live longer if well played. Now give each a pocket healer and a tank, and I agree PT wins in the dps race. Still Mara/sent has great survivability. This I have found is what makes smash specs so OP, not the damage and ease of set up... The fact that they can do it and survive so well.

If I were you OP, I'd figure out if you want to just pure DPS all the time, or do you have ADD like some of us and every now and then get the urge to "tank" and guard someone. Both do good dps. Both in smash spec have a relatively gentle learning curve. It's a game. Pick what you'll have most fun with...

Focus sent vs. focus guardian is like night and day. Focus guardians drop like flies, while focus sents don't, and they pretty much do the same damage.

Take it from someone who played a mara and now a Jug on this account. Look, it's no secret that the Jug's best quality is to tank.

But as a DPS, it's just a 1-saber version of the Marauder with less damage and just as less surivivability cause if you try to go for anything but the Immortal tree you'll drop like a rock in most PVP fights if you don't have a healer backing you up.

So if your thing is to do DPS I suggest you go for the marauder cause they excell in that chapter. And while as a Jug you have the option to go full tank and make a healer very happy, changing to DPS you'll notice a big drop in performance. So best make another DPS character.

Personally I'm gonna stick to this Jug till they release the Cartel expansion and hipe that being a DPS Jug then does not result in more mediocre performances, But if I'd be given the option to repick my AC I'd go mara in a sec, cause I honestly don't feel like leveling a SW again and the person who previously owned this account (my brother) got the Battlemaster Mount which I don't think is attainable any more (not sure).

Cleary. You are going to want to look at the trees again. The "no damage" is speced into for camo, not part of camo in general. It applies to dots as well. May want to rethink the part about camo not breaking again.

I can know 5 other classes that have better survivabilty than maras do.

1v1 a def/vigilance hybrid has an edge against most sentinels - 2 hard stuns and force push = 7 or 8 free attack seconds assuming the sent uses his cc-breaker. In group-v-group, guardians have guards and taunts and very good sweep(smash) damage - slightly better than sentinels if both are focus. But yeah, a focus guardian is at a disadvantage vs any sentinel spec in a 1v1 but not because of gbtf (enure + focused def > gbtf in 1v1) but because of pacify and vanish; sentinels have a bag of tricks. The classes match up closely enough that skill plays a big enough part assuming equal gear. Edited by WaywardOne

Cleary. You are going to want to look at the trees again. The "no damage" is speced into for camo, not part of camo in general. It applies to dots as well. May want to rethink the part about camo not breaking again.

Force Camouflage

Instant

Cooldown: 45s

Obscures yourself with the Force, becoming difficult to detect, reducing your threat towards all enemies, reducing all damage taken by 50%, and increasing movement speed by 30%. Lasts 4 seconds. Dealing direct damage ends the effect prematurely.

Straight from the site and it says nothing about camo breaking on "recieving" damage, either direct or DoTs. As it clearly states it only breaks when "you" attack someone by dealing direct damage. Clearly not a L2P issue but learn to read?

1v1 a def/vigilance hybrid has an edge against most sentinels - 2 hard stuns and force push = 7 or 8 free attack seconds assuming the sent uses his cc-breaker. In group-v-group, guardians have guards and taunts and very good sweep(smash) damage - slightly better than sentinels if both are focus. But yeah, a focus guardian is at a disadvantage vs any sentinel spec in a 1v1 but not because of gbtf (enure + focused def > gbtf in 1v1) but because of pacify and vanish; sentinels have a bag of tricks. The classes match up closely enough that skill plays a big enough part assuming equal gear.

Def/vig specs that go up to getting hilt strike do poop for damage. They're not going to win against a sentinel.

Did you just say that the marauder's defensive cooldowns are worse than a snipers? What crack smoketh you?

Snipers have dodge (3 second invuln vs ranged or melee - not tech or force) and a horrible bubble (absorbs what - 2500 hp?). They're getting a roll ability which creates gap. They also get 15% damage reduction and a CC invuln.

Marauders have 20% damage reduction for roughly 20 seconds out of every 30. They get 99% damage invuln in return for 50% of their hp once per 45-60 seconds depending on spec. They get a speed boost (predation). They get a flat 50% ranged/melee damage reduction, 25% for force/tech (saber ward). They also get a cloak/50% damage reduction cooldown.

Juggernauts get a self-heal that drains all their energy for mediocre healing. It *can* be talented for 15% damage reduction, very high in the vengeance tree. If they're tank or hybrid spec'd they get invincible - 40% damage reduction for 10 seconds. They can get 20% damage reduction on charge with a vengeance tree talent. And they get saber ward - same as marauders but slightly better (first 2 seconds grant 100% ranged/melee damage reduction).

I've played all 3 at level 50 and by far the marauder has the *best* defensive cooldowns of any of those three.

That said they do MORE damage than a PT in most PUGS because they tend to live longer if well played.

Nope.

I think the general curve for dedicated direct 1vs1 damage:

1) Pyro PT

2) Marauder (Anni/Carnage)

3) Sniper (Sharpshooter)

4) Assassin (Deception)

5) Operative (Conceal)

6) Juggernaut (Veng)

7) Everything else.

And for AOE damage :

1) Sniper (Engineer)

2) Sorc

3) Jugg/Marauder (Rage)

4) Everything else.

Usually damage in a warzone is AOE damage more than single target - which shows you how utterly ****** pyro's are because anni/carnage marauders without a dedicated healer can *not* compete with a pyro PT.

Having played a few hundred (feels like thousands) of warzones as a sentinel, camo does not break on damage.

Said differently - NO VERSION OF CAMO BREAKS ON DAMAGE. As in, no. As in, you're wrong.

Edited by dcgregorya