Punishment for leaving WZ

Ondrejkoo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick suggestion:

For leaving WZ prematurely player will loose lets say 30 commendations.

New players who enter already started WZ will get it as compensation.

Details not necessary

Even though quitters makes me wanna punch them in the face, a penality won't solve anything.

Quick suggestion:

Details not necessary

maybe a lockout before u can requeue taking away comms is plain retarded, then again I like that BW is not forcing me to play with bads seeing 3-4 recruits and 1-2 pve geared in ur team is 1 thing but seeing them all stampede towards mid (just to be sent to the spawn 5 seconds later)and not giving a fck about side node(CW, Novare) or pylon is an instant leave for me

Well those 30 comms was more meant that it is unfair for players who join game after quiters... so a litle compensation is quite fair.

And leavers can still leave (its not that much) if the game is noobish.

Ofc no penalty if you leave game before it starts or after lets say 30 sec after joining.

I take it that it is not perfect but better than it is now :)

I can get quitting in RWZ with badly geared team, I can get quitting in WZ when you see that your team is completely incompetent, but I cant get the ones who quit WZ right after the match begins (like after 5 secs). I would penilaze them, cus Ive already seen this too many times to tolerate it (maybe I was unlucky on early quitters?). Its utterly annoying and unfair to the rest of team. Edited by Flowerpunkt

I can get quitting in RWZ with badly geared team, I can get quitting in WZ when you see that your team is completely incompetent, but I cant get the ones who quit WZ right after the match begins (like after 5 secs). I would penilaze them, cus Ive already seen this too many times to tolerate it (maybe I was unlucky on early quitters?). Its utterly annoying and unfair to the rest of team.

They quit either before or just as it begins because they look at the team composition. In high end, there's probably a class they think will lose it for them such as commando/merc, and at low level it's usually because of a lot of low level characters. I personally always enjoy the matches where a guy leaves and we go on to roll the enemy with our apparently substandard team. You really cannot tell a person's PvP experience just by their character level or class. I've been on fresh level 11s just for the hell of it, and we have a pubbie team that works together, many of whom are rolling low level characters like me, because we are masochists and enjoy under 50 PvP as well. :)

Quick suggestion:

Details not necessary

Quick suggestion:

If you suck at warzones, you get penalized 30 comms for failing at objective based combat.

If you don't want people to quit your warzones, be less bad.

Edited by islander

Penalties are a stupid idea. What happens when someone crashes? Penalize them? What happens when they load in and they have some UI issue that doesn't correct with CTRL+u+u? What happens when one player of a 2-man group, hangs at the loading screen and fails to get in? Punish his buddy for leaving?

Until EVERY bug with entering, exiting and playing a WZ is fixed AND we get the choice to pick the WZ's we want to play, don't even begin to suggest penalties!

I can get quitting in RWZ with badly geared team, I can get quitting in WZ when you see that your team is completely incompetent, but I cant get the ones who quit WZ right after the match begins (like after 5 secs). I would penilaze them, cus Ive already seen this too many times to tolerate it (maybe I was unlucky on early quitters?). Its utterly annoying and unfair to the rest of team.

I can. We have a selection of players that once they get in your rotation of ques, you skip one hoping to get rid of them. Only to find them again, in another spot. It is those two or three players that never call out, never support and only care about themselves. This happened to me one day. and it felt as if every other round was with them. We tried voting them out of the WZ, but usually they were attacked before the boot came. So yeah, i can understand why people come in and out before it starts.

I hate the ones that leave after the opposite side gets one node and they are all bent out of shape calling everyone noobs when the fight is just getting started. However, it usually brings in a winner in their place.

Ok so, how would this work out with people who's internet decides to disconnect them and they end up leaving the match because of that? You want them to lose their commendations?

A disconnect is different from a click on leave warzone on your map screen, disconnect should have their own set rules when it comes to a punishment.

When you see someone on the chat screen and it says so and so left warzone, they dont want to stick around for their selfish reasons.

Punishment for selfish reasons for leaving warzones should be implemented.

Making people backfilling because of leavers is old and tired and waste of my sub time geting into matches where its already a lose due to leavers and bads.

You guys think bads need to stop being bads and will give that reason why you left, well heres another reason why I think there is bads.

Bads are the ones that leave warzones and can't hack a full game to try to win, can't tell you how many times ive seen leavers leave when they thought a loss was going to happen, and we end up winning because a core of us made it work.

Bottom line a players choose to dictate a match needs to be stopped, if one person leaves a warzone during a match that match goes from a 50/50 chance to win to a 1%.

Edited by Caeliux

Unless Bioware puts in some sort of grouping system to match people of similar gear quality and a bit of group balance, I think it is wrong to penalize for leaving warzones. Generally if I leave a warzone it is right at the beginning because find myself in a group that has three or more people who are in recruit or less gear with no healer of any kind. Occasionally I'll leave after the start after being overwhelmed by a soul-crushing amount of group stupidity. The soul can only take so much.

Overall I don't leave warzones too frequently, and there are plenty of groups that make me cringe a little at the start but I stick with because it's borderline and I give them the benefit of the doubt. But I look at it as employment at will. If, at work, I was tasked with a major high profile deliverable and given a team of deaf-mute interns to accomplish it, I would choose to end that situation, just as with some of these awful groups I find myself in. You have to put some value on your mental health.

A disconnect is different from a click on leave warzone on your map screen, disconnect should have their own set rules when it comes to a punishment.

Cool. So I`ll put a lag switch on my UTP cable or pull it alltogether from my PC. It would be less fun, but it will still work. Or use logout option, instead of leave warzone.

When you see someone on the chat screen and it says so and so left warzone, they dont want to stick around for their selfish reasons.

That`s their problem.

Punishment for selfish reasons for leaving warzones should be implemented.

So should punishment for bad play... based on popularity play... votes taken into consideration only from a certain gear-score.

Making people backfilling because of leavers is old and tired and waste of my sub time geting into matches where its already a lose due to leavers and bads.

That`s your own problem.

You guys think bads need to stop being bads and will give that reason why you left, well heres another reason why I think there is bads.

Bads are the ones that leave warzones and can't hack a full game to try to win, can't tell you how many times ive seen leavers leave when they thought a loss was going to happen, and we end up winning because a core of us made it work.

A bad is a bad regardless - you know them - not calling, attacking the wrong nodes, etc. Not what you are saying they are.

Bottom line a players choose to dictate a match needs to be stopped, if one person leaves a warzone during a match that match goes from a 50/50 chance to win to a 1%.

Nope. You get a backfill. Which can be better, equal, or worse than the one that left.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=596002

Cool. So I`ll put a lag switch on my UTP cable or pull it alltogether from my PC. It would be less fun, but it will still work. Or use logout option, instead of leave warzone.

Again I said its own set of rules, making excuses here I see.

That`s their problem.

Actually its our problem, somebody like me cares if a match goes to **** cause of people leaving.

So should punishment for bad play...

Look nobody should be treated like a piece of trash just because someone don't like the way they play.

Complaining during games and leaving games is bad, and makes a player a bad player.

A player that sticks it out and actually tries is a good player, alot more so than those that left.

I don't care if Switfy, Reckful, or any guy that is considered a good is in a warzone and leaves, once a player leaves over selfish opinions that makes them a bad player.

A bad is a bad regardless - you know them - not calling, attacking the wrong nodes, etc.

A bad now to me has changed since I started playing SWTOR.

A bad in SWTOR is someone that belittles others the whole match, makes excuses why they lost a node, complains the whole match, leaves the match when it still could be won.

Any excuse leaving a warzone makes a bad unless it is a 911 emergency or a actually server disconnect.

If you ever have clicked leave warzone just because either you didnt want to stick out, you are a bad.

If you complain during a warzone then leave, you are a bad.

Leaving warzones is bad, and it makes lazy players.

I am tired of lazy gamers that leave and dont want to work for nothing, and expect instant gratification.

Again I said its own set of rules, making excuses here I see.

Not excuses. Ways to "avoid" the penalties.

Actually its our problem, somebody like me cares if a match goes to **** cause of people leaving.

Oh, it`s my problem as well. But I don`t want to get penalized if I am the only min-maxed EWH/WH and nobody is playing as intended. Might as well save the time and perhaps I get lucky on the next draw.

In this case I am penalized for people staying... I`d rather leave on my own and save the trouble.

Look nobody should be treated like a piece of trash just because someone don't like the way they play.

Complaining during games and leaving games is bad, and makes a player a bad player.

A player that sticks it out and actually tries is a good player, alot more so than those that left.

I don't care if Switfy, Reckful, or any guy that is considered a good is in a warzone and leaves, once a player leaves over selfish opinions that makes them a bad player.

Again, this is irrelevant to the point it was trying to make - "Punishment for selfish reasons for leaving warzones should be implemented." <--- this is what you said and was adressed.

You want a selfish player to be punished for refusing to play with some bad players.

I want bad players to get 5 hours WZ ban for each incoming not called, or each tenth of second not called BEFORE they died.

A bad now to me has changed since I started playing SWTOR.

1. A bad in SWTOR is someone that belittles others the whole match, makes excuses why they lost a node, complains the whole match, leaves the match when it still could be won.

2. Any excuse leaving a warzone makes a bad unless it is a 911 emergency or a actually server disconnect.

3. If you ever have clicked leave warzone just because either you didnt want to stick out, you are a bad.

4. If you complain during a warzone then leave, you are a bad.

5. Leaving warzones is bad, and it makes lazy players.

6. I am tired of lazy gamers that leave and dont want to work for nothing, and expect instant gratification.

I am min-maxed EWH/WH on my PvP char - this being said, lets move onto the issues at hand.

1. To me a bad is someone that doesnt call incomings with spare time - not 1 second before he died, at 10% HP in the middle of 4 smashers. Or some guy that constantly hits middle, when we own grass and snow...

2. I don`t need to justify my reasons to anyone of the 7 other total strangers... see "1".

3. See "1"

4. See "1"

5. See "1"

6. I worked for my gear. I refuse to work for others, especially when they are not putting the slightest effort into it.

People would just afk like they do in wow or worst start botting. I rather they don't incur a penalty. You can't force some one to play in a match they don't want to play, but a penalty will cause some negative reaction from players. Perhaps reward players who stay. I say increase the amount of commendations the side that has retention problems. Edited by Knockerz

You want a selfish player to be punished for refusing to play with some bad players.

I do, this game only has the option to leave without a penalty.

It should be implemented.

I want bad players to get 5 hours WZ ban for each incoming not called, or each tenth of second not called BEFORE they died.

You amaze me, your telling me you never screwed up in a warzone?

Are you telling me your playing devils advocate to everything I am saying because you think your so perfect and if anyone don't pertain to your standard you call them bad?

I think this is a toot your own horn discussion here styxx, you can't sit here and talk around the problem without being selfish yourself.

See how I get to the core of what you say?

Excuses leaving should be punished in some form, any denial of that fact is a excuse.

I am tired of the excuses.

So instead of being given the option to leave and let someone else that might want to fight take his place you're forcing him to stay to do what? Fight? Hell no! He'll just run away and guard the node or hide somewhere untill the wz is over and you'll be fighting with 7 people instead of 8.

You amaze me, your telling me you never screwed up in a warzone?

Are you telling me your playing devils advocate to everything I am saying because you think your so perfect and if anyone don't pertain to your standard you call them bad?

I think this is a toot your own horn discussion here styxx, you can't sit here and talk around the problem without being selfish yourself.

See how I get to the core of what you say?

Excuses leaving should be punished in some form, any denial of that fact is a excuse.

I am tired of the excuses.

Toot my own horn? It`s not me coming and pretending that quitters need to get penalties...

Sure, I`d like some sort of balance: If me, with top gear, get penalty because I get pissed on some folks in recruit, running around like headless chickens and decide to leave instead of calling them "noobs", or any derogatory term, then, so do THEM should get penalties for not playing objectives, which is the reason I am leaving to begin with.

So, will you support penalties for not playing objectives?

1. 1 hour ban for not calling within 5 seconds any red going your way

2. 1 hour ban for attacking a 3rd node, when you own two already

3. 1000 hours ban for being in PvE gear in a warzone

4. 10 hours ban for less than 200k in your "stats" - heal/DPS, or less than 100k guard

5. 5000 hours ban for being the last pylon/door defender and run away for "frags"

Will you support a vote for that little 5 points list, BEFORE you ask me to play with you?

[EDIT]Also, I never said I am NOT selfish... it can be seen in all my posts, I thought. But I don`t owe you anything not to be...

Edited by Styxx

Sure, I`d like some sort of balance: If me, with top gear, get penalty because I get pissed on some folks in recruit, running around like headless chickens and decide to leave instead of calling them "noobs", or any derogatory term, then, so do THEM should get penalties for not playing objectives, which is the reason I am leaving to begin with.

You leave because you have a opinion, not a 911 emergency, hence why you should be punished for backfilling games.

Nobody cares to hear what you want.

I care more about leavers than I do losing, I would rather 8 people stick it out than leave and make the odds of winning less.

Games get won because of effort, when people leave and don't put in effort it means a certain lose most games due to leavers.

Them facts are undisputed.

Edited by Caeliux

You leave because you have a opinion, not a 911 emergency, hence why you should be punished for backfilling games.

Nobody cares to hear what you want.

I care more about leavers than I do losing, I would rather 8 people stick it out than leave and make the odds of winning less.

Games get won because of effort, when people leave and don't put in effort it means a certain lose most games due to leavers.

Them facts are undisputed.

Undisputed? You get a backfiller for each player lost. You ALWAYS have 8 players, or the system makes sure you do get replacements... but all the above is a nice story...

So, will you support penalties for not playing objectives?

1. 1 hour ban for not calling within 5 seconds any red going your way

4. 10 hours ban for less than 200k in your "stats" - heal/DPS, or less than 100k guard

5. 5000 hours ban for being the last pylon/door defender and run away for "frags"

Will you support a vote for that little 5 points list, BEFORE you ask me to play with you?

Undisputed? You get a backfiller for each player lost. You ALWAYS have 8 players, or the system makes sure you do get replacements.

Sounds like a wonderful excuse to leave, kinda a "Who gives a ****, I'll leave a mess for someone else"

1 hour ban for not calling within 5 seconds any red going your way

Nobody should be punished for making mistakes.

There is no mistake to ragequit leavers like yourself.

The only mistake is Bioware allowing it, cause what it has molded is rage quitters that have excuses why they don't want to put effort.

I really would hate to see these leavers jobs or houses or rooms, bet its a mess just like the excuses.