Solution: Failed to initialize BitRaider query mapping.

aadenne

Hello :)

I've been a member of SWTOR since 2015 I believe, haven't played it for a while. But a few days ago I installed SWTOR on a new computer and today I ran into this problem.

I opened the program, logged in and got to the launcher screen. Before I could click 'Play', I got this error message on the launcher 'This application has encountered an unspecified error. please try this patch again'. I Googled for a solution and found this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=786399.

As the thread is Read Only, there is one step that was left out that enabled me to fix this and have a solution to my problem. This post serves to help people with the same problem in the future.

Below I will list the steps to fix this and add my extra steps in bold.

1) Exit SWTOR completely. Right click your task bar and click 'Task Manager', go to processes and right click and End all processes that is 'SWTOR' and 'BitRaider'.

2) Go to Start (Windows Key) -> Run (or Win+R) and type "services.msc"

3) Find the BitRaider service 'BitRaider Mini-Support Service Stub Loader' (BRSptStub) and double click on it.

4) Change the startup type from Manual to Automatic.

5) Stop the service and start it again.*

*For some bizarre reason restarting the computer didn't do anything like the previous thread stated.