Return of SCORPIO

irrevelant

Let's pretend, that the dev. team asks you to write a story for Scorpio's return. Teammate, or/and antagonist it's up to you, but you need to make her heavily involved in the next expansion. Let's pretend, that she manage to upload herself into Iokath even if you "kill her".

Question: What story would you write?

SCORPIO would be the Star Wars equivalent of the Borg Queen, and Iokath would become the equivalent of the Borg Cube, and the end of the galaxy would begin.

Edit:

Resistance is futile.

Edit 2:

I was not pleased when the Borg were retconned and suddenly had a "queen". But this is still how I'd write SCORPIO.

Edited by Ymris

SCORPIO would be the Star Wars equivalent of the Borg Queen, and Iokath would become the equivalent of the Borg Cube, and the end of the galaxy would begin.

Edit:

Resistance is futile.

Edit 2:

I was not pleased when the Borg were retconned and suddenly had a "queen". But this is still how I'd write SCORPIO.

If the game were SP/coop, then this could be a potential alternate ending. You side with SCORPIO, and enslave, i mean save the galaxy from their constant wars. And bring an eternity of glorious peace.

Still getting a 2. machine uprising has potential. We got directive 7, but that's kinda small.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, with this new Machine Sentient Gods who can somehow synthesize "The Force" and bestowed upon others...knowing SCORPIO she would wait or even would be responsible to set up the confrontation against them so she could have no resistance to take over Iokath...this how ever could ultimately back fire as she becomes one with this planet and its strange artificial connection to "The Force" could make her more "human"... this could be a decision where the player may chose to have "Pinoquio turn into a real Girl" or she become a "One Machine God Above all".

However, she would be extremely caution of not crossing "The Commander" and would even, I dare say consider, that "The Commander" is the only flesh being to be her equal (as she would never admit others superiority) and as such transfer her conscious to a Body so she can continue to grow/evolve beside the player as her self improve program commands seeing how you defeated the "Old Gods" or if she becomes the Hybrid humanoid "meat bag" follow him/her out of love or friendship.

(Hmmm, that means "The Maching Gods and related content" Flash points/Ops would have to have a solo version so players would know what happens on that confrontation and follow on that story...I think.):rolleyes:

This could open up Iokath for many things like, starting zone for an new Hybrid Living Robot Race of personal companions... a "Create your own Companion Option through story quest moving to dailies that lets you upgrade that companion" giving its abilities, fighting style and Character Option looks! 4 Arm blade master or a Robot that mimics Force users anyone?

• This could reuse the already existing Robot parts that were eliminated in the game and re-purpose them...and the Dev could recolor some Class Powers or use already existing monster unique abilities from the Exarchs, Machine Gods etc... to mention a few, specially if the Robot Companion Mimics Force user powers...so its same effect different digital/artificial FX look. Once the main body appearance is completed you may create a custom appearance with already some of exiting "unlock" armors sets or armor you have in your collection/inventory...however this look has to be set in the customization workshop as its specifically made to be "Appearance Slot Option", since the other slots are use for the robot parts...That means to change that appearance you will have to edit it in the Workshop or create a new one that may cost credits to set up again.

• You get a station where you buy, craft/build such parts AND different Models for its Personal customization and looks for different types of class specific abilities and combat styles that can be marketed on the GTN... or even sell some unique ones on the Cartel Market or even in OPS specially does OPS that have Robots as Bosses, they could drop unique parts, Models for appearance and unlock specially abilities that can be programmed or crafted.

• Unlike Character Creation you would start by choosing its Class first then its Model Template... as a Melee Robot would look different than a range or specially if he has both...as you can only create it to be one role at a time diferent than normal companions that can play all of them at any given time. If you wish to change his Role (Tank, Healer, DPS) you would have to reprogram him and change his robot parts.

• SO basically Iokath would be your personal Foundry to create in the story your "original" infinite robot army, Geminis and Eternal fleet, Gravestone or your very own personal Proto DEATH STAR! Making them look more like Empire, Republic, Zakuul model design... you pick or maybe depending witch side you took its the models you initially have.

• This could also opens up a new type of Chess *Dejarik* like PvP/PvE to fight over specific territories where Guilds can duke it out between each other to see who's army and fleet is the mightiest!! This could tied up with the already existing Galactic PvP/PvE star Fighters if you feel the need to take a more...personal approach if you feel the AI need a human touch to win! Making you feel like a True COMMANDER or even a TRUE EMPEROR of the galaxy! :eek:

This are only a few ideas on the TOP of my head, but basically the story will set up a new way to play, customize and even take him for a DRIVE! Just like Iokath lets you play remotely mouse robots, remote canons and Monitors who is to say you can't play as your "Customize companion Remotely" anywhere and everywhere? He/She would be the PRIME template of your personal Geminis...

Obviously he will be only as powerful as the quality of his parts unlike other companions that benefit from Influence Levels and your main Character who will always be more Powerful...;)

From there I would create dailies and a side story for this companion to interact... for example I would integrate the scanning for spy bots, binoculars and digging bots to him so in does stories and quest are a bit of exploration, who knows even add a few mission on the Rakghoul even etc. I would make "The Shroud", "Mentor", "Machine Gods or other less robots, etc.. as antagonists and villains as tiny fun quest where you explore the world of the robots!

Ah I could go on but its later here, I need to go to sleep...but, all this would be possible thanks to our ever evolving self improving SCORPIO's comeback to story! Possibilities are endless and with SWTOR Dev team on the Job I think they come up with better ideas than mine! :)

Anyway that's, what I would do and Propose among other things as the glorious Return of SCORPIO... reuse existing resources, edit a few thing and add a bit of new to bring my fans a good, similar yet fresh new way to experience SWTOR! :D

PS: Sorry I got carried away but you did ask? lol :p

Edited by Zehal

PS: Sorry I got carried away but you did ask? lol :p

No worries i like these detailed posts. I wouldn't involve PVP though. New PVP mode would be nice, but just as generic stuff. I don't like smashing PVP, and PVE together. Mostly, because i'm a PVE focused loner myself.

The rest however would be interesting. To build your own companion, and own fleet/army. Turn the game into a semi-strategy to take over the galaxy. One way or another. If it were up to me:

First the story part could be reset at any time until you move on to the next part. After that it can only be replayed.

1. The coexistence style. Negotiate peace, and compromise between the factions. You have to kill a few people to ensure, that the selected rulers are willing to cooperate.

2. Sneaky style. Assassinate certain people, and do missions to gain the thrust of the people, and become Sith Emperor, and/or Chancellor of the Republic.

3. Conquest style. Use brute force to show who's boss, and enforce your will.

1. Requires a bunch of missions, and many decisions. You CAN fail it. Most of your companions turns against you on the way without a chance to convince them.

2. Needs to do lots, and lots of side missions to get enough reputation. If you did it in the past, then that much less work for at least one faction. Also certain outcomes in side missions can grant reputation for the other side too. Once you got the reputation you can start your campaing for the Election of the Republic, or slaughter the last opposition among the Sith to take over the throne. The Election also gives a bunch of decisions, and can be failed. The Sith side cannot be failed. You just need to kill more, if you made the wrong decisions. Companions may, or may not like it, but can be convinced, that it's for the greater good.

3. This one requires lots of grinding. However it's always available. Some companions are abandon you if you attack the republic. Some does for the Empire. And a small portion remains loyal no matter what.

Let's pretend, that she manage to upload herself into Iokath even if you "kill her".

I feel like that doesn't even require pretending very hard, considering she was already interfaced with the main computer when she "dies". Wouldn't be the first time she won best supporting actress for dying-but-actually-uploading-herself-elsewhere.

Wouldn't mind it, either. SCORPIO is one of my favorite companions, and it's rare enough that I don't find her absolutely delightful.

That said, as to how, well, I don't get paid to write video game stories for a living, so I dunno if I'm the type that would have many good ideas. Part of me initially thought they might eventually have a "greatful" SCORPIO eventually send an Iokath-drone-clone to the Alliance to take her place as a foot soldier, or something, but that kinda contradicts her granting all the GEMINIs free will, I feel like. I feel like it'd be out of character for her to give even someone she'd like a "slave droid", as it were.

That said, being as she's now kinda...stuck on Iokath, in a manner of speaking, her "cloning" herself in order to gain better firsthand experience of small scale elements would probably be the best way.

(Hmmm, that means "The Maching Gods and related content" Flash points/Ops would have to have a solo version so players would know what happens on that confrontation and follow on that story...I think.)

I wasn't under the impression that said Ops had a story other than "There are robots. The robots want to beat you up. Beat up them up instead, and then hollow some pilot seats in their insides so you can be Iokath Voltron." Did they finally add cutscenes and/or context in the year I've been out?

Yeah, its quest started by the remainders of the Scions on Iokath where they talk to you and Lana making a spooky prediction...

I haven't been able to finish the ops with any random teams sadly, as apparently the Boss before the last final confrontation is extremely hard...or at the very least the final laser mechanic seem to wipe most of the team almost every time... However their are short scenes in the Ops and I'm sure that you have a final talk with the Scions when you complete it... Maybe someone here has already done it and can tell you more...:confused:

NOTE: There is a lot of pieces of lore about these "Machine Gods"...The devs can actually create a full story with it as this Robots are "Sentient" and apparently are able to process/transfer of what looks more like an artificial synthesis of The Force and amplify or bestow others with its powers...mention in Lore and as shown when we fight that lunatic on Nathema.

There is a bit of Lore that also mention that the one who free Zakuul from their Rule and defeated them, was a "Demon Savior" (Valkorion). So if the SWTOR Team wanted there is enoght events happening before the "Outlander" came into the picture to make a starting zone for a new race or class or even have "The Commander" play through...and SCORPIO could be the key to bringing all this awesome mystery and lore to life!

To irrevelant I like your ideas that sounds like a lot of fun to play! :D

Edited by Zehal