Why do quests give droid parts when ship droid doesn't fight?

SargeantLuw

So I've been leveling several Sith characters, and I've noticed that some quests either give you the option or outright give you droid components as quest rewards. These are lowish level quests... under level 30. I don't know what companions my characters may get down the road, but to my knowledge no one has a droid companion this early in the game. Except for the ship droid... but he doesn't fight.

So why am I getting droid parts as quest rewards when it won't help in any way? Is there something I'm missing?

Edited by SargeantLuw

my ship droid fights, even though I just want him to stand back and heal.

He also gets aggro sometimes (if there was a straggler/add that turned up after my aoe went off) so needs to be able to survive a moment till I get the attention back on me.

See I had no idea the ship droid could even be summoned outside the ship... so I hadn't even tried. I just figured since right from the get-go he says he can't fight there was no point... going to have to rethink things now....

I summon him occasionally to slap him when he fails a mission.

He is a decent healer if you give him good gear, especially if you do not have your healing companion yet. Unlike the other companions though, he has no offensive abilities. Well, unless you count him punching people and doing like no damage.

Im finne with droid parts being part of the rewards when they are not class specific missions.

As a Consular, we do not have a driod companion other then the ship guy. So seeing a driod part reward during a class specific mission is rather annoying.

Even if they are part of the selectable rewards from a class specific mission, they're still only going to be one option of several. Complaining about their existence seems like griping that some McDonalds serve veggie burgers, or that you can buy a bottle of water at Best Buy.