First realistic review I have seen

Gankdalf_

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this on Bluesnews http://www.mackandmesh.co.uk/reviews/star-wars-the-old-republic.php it's the most accurate review I have seen.

Accurate to you personally perhaps. People need to understand that there is no "real" or "fake" reviews as long as the reviewer is being honest in their opinion. Different people can see the same thing in many different ways. This review is no "better " than any other honest review, its just one guys opinion.

First off..how are any of you done watching it already? Unless you've already seen it?

Secondly if you watched it and I'm only 6 mins in, you would know that it's less like a review and more like a first impression.

Much like TotalBiscuit does, if you're familiar with him?

And you have to understand that the game being in beta for so long and to come out the way it is is just pathetic..idc if you're having fun or not you have to know that things are broken and missing. And for being an MMO in 2012, new or not that's unacceptable.

Edited by Slomoshun

And you felt the need to say this...why?

Because, I want to give other people a chance to know that it's a 45 minute video review, which I felt annoyed at finding out because he didn't mention it.

I wouldn't even have clicked the link if I'd know that. Now people have a fair chance.

Are you the OP's best friend or what? You're mighty defensive about this.

Because, I want to give other people a chance to know that it's a 45 minute video review, which I felt annoyed at finding out because he didn't mention it.

I wouldn't even have clicked the link if I'd know that. Now people have a fair chance.

Are you the OP's best friend or what? You're mighty defensive about this.

thanks for white knighting this review for everyone :rolleyes:

First off..how are any of you done watching it already? Unless you've already seen it?

Secondly if you watched it and I'm only 6 mins in, you would know that it's less like a review and more like a first impression.

Much like TotalBiscuit does, if you're familiar with him?

And you have to understand that the game being in beta for so long and to come out the way it is is just pathetic..idc if you're having fun or not you have to know that things are broken and missing. And for being an MMO in 2012, new or not that's unacceptable.

No one is bothering to watch it, because:

1) It's 45 minutes long. I have better things to do than care about someone else's opinion.

2) You call the review "realistic," which is nonsense. Reviews are opinions, not facts.

3) You dug up one review that you agree with and posted it, which is the equivalent of a "this is my opinion of the game" thread. Dead horse.

No one is bothering to watch it, because:

1) It's 45 minutes long. I have better things to do than care about someone else's opinion.

2) You call the review "realistic," which is nonsense. Reviews are opinions, not facts.

3) You dug up one review that you agree with and posted it, which is the equivalent of a "this is my opinion of the game" thread. Dead horse.

You really need to get your facts straight before you quote someone, bud.

1. It is 45 mins long and you're on the forums which suggests you have NOTHING to do at this time.

2. I didn't call it a review the OP did, but 3 minutes in I could tell that it's not a review it's a first impression..there is a difference, educate yourself please.

3. I'm not the OP so why are you even saying this?

Translation: I found a review I agree with therefore it's realistic and accurate.

I don't care for reviews, good or bad. I form my own opinion by playing.

This is about the truest statement i've seen on these forums.

Saw this on Bluesnews http://www.mackandmesh.co.uk/reviews/star-wars-the-old-republic.php it's the most accurate review I have seen.

I do not mean any direct offence to you, Gankdalf, but when people describe a review as the most accurate/best/insightful, etc. review they have seen/read, what they usually mean (sometimes without realising it) is that it is the one that most closely matches their own opinions.

Reviews (good or bad) are more often subjective than objective, as are peoples' opinions (that's just human nature).

Sorry finished the video and all I heard was 45 minutes of...

"Why can't I?"

Why can't I do this? Why can't I do that? This is too linear for me.

Then this game isn't for you, doesn't mean this game it bad it just doesn't suite your tastes. If you don't like the game that's fine all well and good.

Also I'd feel like he was less bias if he friend just played, shut up and followed instructions from the viewer and better yet.... LET THE REVIEWER PLAY.

You really need to get your facts straight before you quote someone, bud.

1. It is 45 mins long and you're on the forums which suggests you have NOTHING to do at this time.

2. I didn't call it a review the OP did, but 3 minutes in I could tell that it's not a review it's a first impression..there is a difference, educate yourself please.

3. I'm not the OP so why are you even saying this?

1) Nice assumption. Maybe I'm outside smoking a cig in between playing the game and have a couple minutes to burn (read "not 45").

2) I'm well educated, thank you. Your incorrect punctuation and argumentum ad hominem makes me question your ability to reason, however.

3) I hit quote on accident, instead of reply. But thanks for jumping down my throat for it.