Question About Noob Tanking

Phraq

I am returning to the game and my ultimate goal is to try to get into Endgame in the future. I am starting from scratch even though I have some higher level toons, to me it has always been better when I actually want to learn the class to start from 1.

When I queue for VM Flashpoints does it matter how I queue, I keep seeing it is pointless to queue as a tank. Also are there any good guides for once I get a higher level like Wow has fat boss. Any tips for a new tank appreciated.

The issues with queuing VM FP as a tank are that roles are not enforced. I.e. you are unlikely to get, for example, a healer. So even if your dps dont start before you or pull off you, you're going to spend a lot of time healing yourself between trash and/or dying a lot.

The issue with not learning while leveling, of course, is that while many groups are willing to explain mechanics to you, most will expect you to know the class.

I am in the same boat sir and I have not found many up to date Jedi Gaurdian tanking guide expect one but it is mostly pvp. I have found you must weed out the pvp talents and study the basic essential for the class. If you have come across a good guide or site, discord please pass it on! Thanks and good luck.

I am in the same boat sir and I have not found many up to date Jedi Gaurdian tanking guide expect one but it is mostly pvp. I have found you must weed out the pvp talents and study the basic essential for the class. If you have come across a good guide or site, discord please pass it on! Thanks and good luck.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9805679#post9805679

You'll have to convert to Republic terms, but everything you need for PvE is in there.