[Suggestion] Crew Skill Window & schematics

Beef_Cake

As the title states, this is a suggestion.

I'm not sure about most players, but for me, I find the Crew Skill window very clunky and lacking order. I know we can arrange items by level and whatnot, but I'd really like to see better ordering to the schematics listed in that window. So here is my suggestion...

This is a fast idea I threw together with photo shop, as you learn new schematics, it will put them in the tree that it was originally unlocked, for faster finding. As it is right now, there is o real ordering, it throws it in a long list and that's it.

Click to see

What do you think?

I happen to like the current method. (sorting by alphabetically, mostly... though an option to purely sort that way would be ideal... don't *think* you currently can?).

The only defensive T1 gear I need/want is redoubt. The only T2 is Veracity.

Offensive gear is a little more nebulous, as both critical and overkill are good. (I assume one of the two is actually superior, but I haven't seen any number crunchers posting which is better. My gut feeling is critical, because it's a multiplier, will scale better, but if the power bonus amounts are already "to scale", then....) And of course surge is a no-brainer, meaning Endowment for the T2.

Healing? Spikey healing (IMO) isn't good. You want consistency. So Power is the obvious choice, matched up with alacrity.. So Overkill and Vehemence.

The rest of them are completely worthless, and if I could filter them out of my craft list, I would. I *definitely* don't want them getting in between my other recipies. Alphabetically keeps all the useful stuff (mostly) sorted together.

Haveing all the like grouped with like is all sorts of ideal.

And, of course, the high endurance gear is only get in the tank versions, and the low end gear is only good for the healer/dps stuff.

So yeah, the tree view is worthlessish. It's only really good for completionists, and considering 6/18ths of the theoretical possibilities are worthwhile, (and at best, 4/18ths for any particular item), I'd argue completionists, considering the difficulty/cost, are insane.

Stuff about stuff being useless

Erm no... just no.

For tanks Exactitude has its purposes, as does anti-armor for some threat. One could even reason that Rampart and Tempest are pretty decent aswell.

DPS: I'm not entirely familiar with all the classes yet, but Jedi Sentinel wear Expert, any Sentinel in Watchman spec wearing Endowment needs to read a couple of guides. So I'm certain several classes wear several types of gear and most prefixes have their place.

Healing: completely unaware of this role, have not played it in SWTOR. But from my experience in other games, crit is good for healing... critted heals save recources. But unless there is some kind of proc off critted heals i'd say indeed you would stack power over crit as a healer.

You're completely ignoring certain talents and abilities in your reasoning. Almost all prefixes are quite usefull to someone, save the ones that add to Presence (what is with this stat anyways? why does it even exist?)

So yes, the tree layout would be awesome. I had actually pictured something very much like this to improve the crafting UI. Very nice of the OP to actually work something out in photoshop :)

I really like this idea. I enjoy crafting, but the amount of schematics you have to look through can be annoying. Basically the current system is organized alphabetically, with the secondary option to organize your schematics by level, rating, or difficulty. With artifice (sorry I don't have a lot of exp with other crafting skills) these methods are clunky at best. A schematic skill tree system would be so much better.

Currently level is the most useful for me because it shows the level needed to wield it, which cuts down on the amount of schematics I need to flip through to find the one my guildmate needs. It can still be annoying when you have a lot of same-level schematics, but it's the lesser of the 3 evils for me.

Organizing by rating is slightly less useful. With this setting I can almost get a clear picture of my item modifications (namely color crystals), but my wieldable schematics and some of my item mods will be all over the map. For example the level 10 tier 2 focus will out-rate the level 14 base focus, or the level 23 tier 2 focus has the same rating as the level 26 tier 1 focus.

Listing the schematics by difficulty is completely useless. Once your schematics are grey they are all placed in the same alphabetical "category". This might be nice if you want to find a schematic with a particular prefix, but when you have all of your tier 2 color crystal schematics start with "Advanced" or even "Blue" it becomes a nightmare, and don't even get me started on titles like "Fervor Enhancement 13" (which for artifice is a lv 31 item mod with 11 endurance and 16 critical rating, NOT the prefix "Fervor")

Once again I like the idea of having a "tree" approach as opposed to a "list by" approach, but being able to list the trees further by say, level, rating maybe even alphabetically would be nice. I think my "perfect crafting system" would be a skill tree system like the picture, combined with either a filter/list by Level/prefix/wieldable or an advanced search option. The tree system with a simple "list by" option like we have now would be alright too.